Help Choosing RX 20 or Rotary Drymaster

Sonrise1

Name
Jerry
I really enjoyed meeting some of you at Mikey's Fest in Nashville. We are buying a new Sapphire Scientific 454SS as a result. I'm looking forward to going from a great portable (steamin' demon) to a hot truckmount. Question. Which would you buy: an RX 20, a Rotary Drymaster, or both? What works best in what situations? Thanks!

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
after owning both machines, I would get a zipper jr. for commercial and use the wand that comes with the machine for residential

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
RX-20 for commercial applications or trashed residential...RDM for fast dry times on decent residentials...
Both are great tools if you understand their unique properties.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Rent them for awhile, then your can answer that yourself. I think many of us have been unintensionally lead in the wrong direction simply because what works for one may not be the best for another. I've never used the Drimaster,
personally I can get better production rates with my glided wand then with my RX20. I haven't used the Zipper either but it would be something I would like to use in the real world before I anti up to buy one.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
My RX-20 has been gathering dust. A 175 or OP for prescrub and a glided wand works at least as well and is faster, especially with a helper.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
As some one who bought a rotary with our truckmount at purchase becuase we didn't know about glides, Save the 3000 to 6000 dollars and instead invest in a good high production wand like a green horn or titanium with a glide. Maybe even a stryker wand. Only problem is they aren't as proven. And as some already said you can get a floor machien or OP to agitate the carpet before extraction. If you are ever thinking about commercial work and you have the money earmarked, I would even take a look at a cimex purchase after you do some research. Otherwise besides a machine to agitate with, I would put the rest of the money into other improvements or marketing.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
sweendogg said:
As some one who bought a rotary with our truckmount at purchase becuase we didn't know about glides, Save the 3000 to 6000 dollars and instead invest in a good high production wand like a green horn or titanium with a glide. Maybe even a stryker wand. Only problem is they aren't as proven. And as some already said you can get a floor machien or OP to agitate the carpet before extraction. If you are ever thinking about commercial work and you have the money earmarked, I would even take a look at a cimex purchase after you do some research. Otherwise besides a machine to agitate with, I would put the rest of the money into other improvements or marketing.

I also must add, I don't regret purchasing the RDM for someone who didn't know about glides, the RDM made great sense. guarenteed 1-2 hour dry times is hard to recon with.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I have a rotovac and a RDM. I really like the RDM. I use it on residential carpet.
I tested the Rx20 and the RDM for a few days each before getting the RDM. I found the RX to be too much for furnished homes. It might just take getting used to it, but it didn't fit under and around things as well as the RDM.

Sonrise1

Name
Jerry
Thanks for the input everyone. I really liked the Greenie wand at Mikey's Fest. Where do I buy one at? Do I get it from a disty or straight from Greenie?

Tom, it was great to meet you in Nashville. I'm working toward a Sapphire 454SS in a box truck with a wrap. Not quite the same as an Aerotech, but significantly less in price.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Rotary and good glided wand will be the most universal. Rx20 will clean trashed carpet but also wets it good. Nice to now I have an Rx but it doesn't ride on the truck the rotary does.

charlieclean

The RX-20 and the DriMaster both work well. My choice is the new Rotovac 360i. Cleans great, lighter weight, telescoping handle for easier storage, and about $1,200 less expensive.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom