Help... Does anybody use Outlook for scheduling jobs...

B Steinbach

and/or for contact management?

If so, can you give me some hints on how to do this efficiently? For example what info do you list in what field? Do you use "codes" or abbreviations to help keep things brief?

I'm using outlook 2003 and syncing to an iphone as an owner/op with the possibility of a couple employees down the road. I would like to have as much information as possible with me when I am away from the office. Any suggestions to help me get more organized using this outlook/iphone (or any smart phone) combo would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Bryon

Name
Bruce
We do use outlook for scheduling jobs , we do not put all info into out look. The only information we put into outlook is Name, address and Job time. I do sync up with my palm . We have job cards with all the cleaning info on them.

I know there is someone on here that uses Outlook for customer database and scheduling, just can't remember who it is.

Maybe try a search for "outlook"

Rex Tyus

I use palm os but have thought about switching to outlook. Are there any advantages?

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Bryon,

I use outlook on a dell axim synced up to a pc. It works well for my needs. On the appointment screen I fill out the subject line with the clients name ; location is address ; then start and stop times. All other info such as what needs cleaning, contact numbers, and directions are entered on the notes screen.

Up until recently I did not have any mailing info saved for my custies, Quickbooks is where I now save my customers mailing address.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I have a POcket PC which I sync with Outlook. I sched on my ppc and main computer. I enter a shortform, SC=Steam Cleaning, QT=Quote, then Name and Phone #
Under that I enter the address and some other needed info
Directions go in Notes.
All the "client" details I have entered in Mistral which tracks everything else.

The nice thing I like about it is no scratched out appointments, just drag and drop or simply change the date.
Works very nicely. I would sync with and use Maximizer more but they don't support my particular ppc, so it has to sync with Outlook anyway.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom