HELP! I have a kink in my hose

starrett

Using 2 inch lil better vac line and constantly getting a kink just behind the wand. Have a plactic spiral on it, tried joe's shrink wrap sleeve, neither one works. Like the hose otherwise for flex as lead hose. What is the best 2 inch for flex and flow.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I use on of them little Velcro straps and hook my solution line and my vac hose together about 4 inches from the wand..it is a win win....it keeps the hose from getting a kink in it and it keeps the stress off of the solution line......

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
starrett said:
What is the best 2 inch for flex and flow.

there ain't no such thing.

you either get light and flexible, that WILL eventually kink at the wand sooner or latter, or you buy heavier, more durable vac hose.

To get more life out of what you have, cut a foot or so off below the kink and re-install the cuff

..L.T.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I always cut off the kink thus shortening the hose.
I just bought a bright yellow flex hose from dultmeires last week and even its starting to kink.

But ya can't beat the flex 2 inch hose vs the stiff stuff as a whip line.

I guess the ole' 56 roots sucks too hard..................

Maybe someone has an internal spring somewhere you could buy to install at the crucial bend?

TimP

Greenie there is a new idea for you!!

Even with my cds I've had the end of my flex hose lose it's factory cuff on both ends due to the flex. I've used a metal coupler on one end and didn't replace the cuff, and had to screw on a cuff to my lead end. That's even with the blue cool wrap to keep it from kinking.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I just don't understand it..

youinz will put up with the hassle of using 2.5" vac hose, which IS much heavier, bulkier and stiffer by a mile
But insist on light wt CRAP at the wand.

Then in an effort to get that lt wt CRAP to work, you start hanging all kinds of goofy bend restrictors that make it less flexible and more bulky :roll:

the irony of it all....

..L.T.A.

TimP

Less flexibility to keep it from kinking from restrictors. But more flexibility to move it around as you're working....getting it through doors etc.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
TimP said:
But more flexibility to move it around as you're working....getting it through doors etc.

it's never been an issue to us, Tim

IMO, it's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

..L.T.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Believe me using a flexible whip line is much better than kicking a stiff hose around.

I'll be looking for a internal spring I can screw into the hose for the support I want and need.

:shock:

Greenie

TimP said:
Less flexibility to keep it from kinking from restrictors. But more flexibility to move it around as you're working....getting it through doors etc.

It IS the Best of the options avail., superflex and a spiral bend restrictor, looks goofy, works well. Oh and a swivel male coolcuff is the final best answer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom