Help keep our businesses active during this crisis

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
This is what I meant when I said--
The Chinese are team players and American's are not.

I really think we need to self-sacrifice and stay away from each other.

Italy has surpassed China in Death rates with only half as many cases.

China now has a recovery rate of 88%.
USA has a7%.

As more nurses get sick-- our hospitals will not have the staff to take care of the sic.

I'm sorta enjoying my staycation and working on my "HoneyDos".

You might not get gravely ill--
but you can still be a carrier that might cause the death of someone else's loved one. :frown:

Having said That-- I'll be cleaning a carpet tomorrow because the lady doesn't want to wait-:eekk: :lol:-
but I will be wearing PPE. :dejection:

Reactions: SamIam

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

Turn off the news and go to work! The news media is eating this little bit of information and profiting off of it big time. did you know that over 68k people died from the flu in 2018? Where was the news media that year? why didn't italy shut down then?

Do you know why italy "supposedly" has more deaths than china? Probably because they have the oldest people over there in higher quantities than china.

GO TO WORK!!!

FredC

Village Idiot
did you know that over 68k people died from the flu in 2018? Where was the news media that year? why didn't italy shut down then?

GO TO WORK!!!
Did you know that study you just posted was for 4 flu seasons (13/14, 14/15,15/16 &16/17)...........not 2018?

RIF_BLUE_LOGO.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Turn off the news and go to work! The news media is eating this little bit of information and profiting off of it big time. did you know that over 68k people died from the flu in 2018? Where was the news media that year? why didn't italy shut down then?

Do you know why italy "supposedly" has more deaths than china? Probably because they have the oldest people over there in higher quantities than china.

GO TO WORK!!!
I’m innacurate on this comment. I apologize. I still think this is being overreacted and I hope it ends soon

FredC

Village Idiot
Oh, so only 17,000 died each year of the flu. Hardly worth mentioning.
That's the thing. It is mentioned. It is why there was a study for Matt to post in the first place. It isn't the 68k though.

but it isn't something "out of the ordinary" or something Italy should shut down over.
This , however, is something that can substantially increase the overall death rate and quickly overrun available resources (we see it happening) so more drastic steps are necessary. It isn't just the death rate......

Reactions: Cleanworks

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Turn off the news and go to work!

GO TO WORK!!!

Im not allowed to work Matt.
The Bay Area is in a "Shelter in Place" order. Only essential travel/work is allowed.

I can only work if its essential.

But Im enjoying fixing things around the house.
Installed some solar panels, medicine cabinets and painting the inside of my house. Organizing my tool n work bench area.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
I’m innacurate on this comment. I apologize. I still think this is being overreacted and I hope it ends soon
You are totally fine Matt,,,
I fully understand your concerns-- which are valid.

What makes this virus so bad is, that we can be contagious for 2 weeks without even knowing it. And about a week after we get it.
I guess we shouldn't be alarmed because it only really kills people over 80 yrs old.. and havent they lived long enough anyway?
Im being sarcastic of course.

Reactions: Mikey P

SamIam

Name
sam miller
This is what I meant when I said--
The Chinese are team players and American's are not.

I really think we need to self-sacrifice and stay away from each other.

China now has a recovery rate of 88%.
USA has a7%.

As more nurses get sick-- our hospitals will not have the staff to take care of the sic.

I'm sorta enjoying my staycation and working on my "HoneyDos".

You might not get gravely ill--
but you can still be a carrier that might cause the death of someone else's loved one. :frown:

Having said That-- I'll be cleaning a carpet tomorrow because the lady doesn't want to wait-:eekk: :lol:-
but I will be wearing PPE. :dejection:
Nurses only have a problem because of no PPE

My daughter was told not to use one.

• Wow
Reactions: Hack Attack

scotty747

Dr called yesterday. He wants me to come sanitize his house. Longtime customer. I stopped by to take a look. He wants me to sanitize his roof, gutters, windows, deck etc. "Yes officer. I"m on my way to sanitize a Dr's personal home so he can keep treating people."

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
I learned today that my cousin is sharing a face-mask with another nurse because there is a shortage. This sounds so crazy to me.

I wonder if you could cut up couple hepa filters from ac’s And later them between painters sock or something?

Reactions: Papa John

scotty747

I already spent three months where I couldn't go anywhere. The best part was being evicted...……...from the jail.

Reactions: Mikey P

scotty747

2nd. But i'v been pulled over piss drunk twice and the cop didn't catch on. One asked me why I was driving on suspended and I said I wanted some beer. He said "well since you were honest I"ll just give you a ticket and follow you home." Should have learned not to push my luck but no not me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom