Help. Marine hard water stains

Paulo240

Name
Paul
Hard water stains from previous owner. Would like to get this carpet looking new again. This is after my boat detailer steam cleaned the carpet. It's better but not great. Any help is appreciated ( this is my first time posting on a forum hope this is the right place for this ) thank you in advance
356E95FA-0C19-46A6-9CA4-16FE5969CAD8.jpeg

Reactions: SamIam

Mikey P

Administrator
Vacuum that carpet with a brush roll equipped Upright for at least an hour, from all four directions.
Lightly apply a mild upholstery like Prochem Fine Fabric Shampoo or Silver Solution and agitate it in w/ a hand bonnet or horse hair brush.
Let it dwell for 20 minutes than extract with a 12" glided wand and a a detail/uph tool around the edges using an All Fiber Rinse, and lots of slow dry strokes, use fans too assist drying.

Mist with 20Vol peroxide, and groom in the next day if it's still goofy looking.

Reactions: Paulo240 and SamIam

Paulo240

Name
Paul
Vacuum that carpet with a brush roll equipped Upright for at least an hour, from all four directions.
Lightly apply a mild upholstery like Prochem Fine Fabric Shampoo or Silver Solution and agitate it in w/ a hand bonnet or horse hair brush.
Let it dwell for 20 minutes than extract with a 12" glided wand and a a detail/uph tool around the edges using an All Fiber Rinse, and lots of slow dry strokes, use fans too assist drying.

Mist with 20Vol peroxide, and groom in the next day if it's still goofy looking.
Do you need to dilute 20vol and rinse after or just apply?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Tide with bleach
Scrub scrub scrub
Rinse rinse rinse
Rinse some more
20 or 30 volume may help
Don’t get your hopes up
Note: I’m only recommending tide because I’m assuming that you’re doing this as a newb and don’t possess our “higher intelligence”
:idiot:

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
most fitted marine carpets are wool for it's fire retardant qualities.

remove from boat to clean (I rinse with a pressure washer on bad ones) if it doesn't work you've already got them out for a template for new carpet

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Hard water stains from previous owner. Would like to get this carpet looking new again. This is after my boat detailer steam cleaned the carpet. It's better but not great. Any help is appreciated ( this is my first time posting on a forum hope this is the right place for this ) thank you in advance
View attachment 115037

Clean your toenails! Enough dirt there to plant a crop of potatoes.

Paulo240

Name
Paul
Tide with bleach
Scrub scrub scrub
Rinse rinse rinse
Rinse some more
20 or 30 volume may help
Don’t get your hopes up
Note: I’m only recommending tide because I’m assuming that you’re doing this as a newb and don’t possess our “higher intelligence”
:idiot:
Lol your not wrong

Name
jack zerkie
View attachment 115037
Hope the first guy didn't get paid really a bad job. Iv'e done a few boats here locally and that's the before photo the results are very good for me sorry that's makes carpet cleaners look very un professional . jz

Chris A

Name
Chris
most fitted marine carpets are wool for it's fire retardant qualities.

remove from boat to clean (I rinse with a pressure washer on bad ones) if it doesn't work you've already got them out for a template for new carpet
Maybe some but every one of the 6 cabin type boats I've had have been olefin or poly

Reactions: SamIam and hogjowl

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Commercial (for hire) boats below decks will all have wool, most boats above 25 feet will have nylon, and smaller boats will have have poly. Carpet out in the weather will be some type of solution died synthetic with a UV inhibitor built in.
The carpet pictured looks like pin-dot nylon. The loops are shiny, so not wool, and it looks much nicer than any pin-dot poly I've seen.

I'll begin by saying this may be a permanent stain. It's worth working on though, finding a great match so you don't have to completely re-carpet will be tough.

Look closely at how the carpet is installed. Almost everything on a boat is secured with some kind of removable fastener, including any metal rails the carpet may be pinned under. Getting the carpet out of the boat allows you to use less care and a ton of water - even taking it to a car wash and soaking it. If you get the stains out, hang it up so it will dry faster and not delaminate. Replace pad if there is any.

Good luck!

Paulo240

Name
Paul
Hope the first guy didn't get paid really a bad job. Iv'e done a few boats here locally and that's the before photo the results are very good for me sorry that's makes carpet cleaners look very un professional . jz
He's really just the guy who buffs and waxes the boat that had a hand held bissell he said he would give a try. I didn't have high hopes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom