Help me plan M8F @ Feb 24th and 25th

Mikey P

Administrator
Personally I'm bored to death of one and two hours mini classes.
Would you like a 1/2 or whole day session?
What subject?

Do you want to take a tour of CTI/ Pros Choise/ Full Circle while we're out there?

Do you want a shoot out or suck off? What sort of comparisons would you like to see and take part in?

Is it important to have manufactures with their demo trucks and equipment set up?

What would you like this year's Round Table session to cover?

Are you interested in learning more about:
Rug cleaning?
Upholstery cleaning?
VLM methods?
Stone restoration?
Color Sealing?
Marketing?
Biz management?

lay your ideas on me please

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Re: Help me plan M8F

I want to see new products

I want to hear new ideas

I want to see someone take their shirt off again.....Perferably not Art this time.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman

Tour: yes

Color sealing and stone restoration

Whole day classes can get painful. If you go whole day, make sure there are some good breaks so our brains can rest. Mine gets all jello like when I sit too long.

Manufactures set up: Yes, I am finally getting to the point that i have extra money to invest in good tools. I want to see and try.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis

Shoot out with the hoss, rx, rv360.

Will les be there? Untapped market here.

Ron Toney lives a few miles away from me. He would be good to have at a round table.

Studebaker

Name
Studebaker

Who knows if I'll be alive by then. If so your all welcome to my room its called the wash room.

Walt

I might make this one.

I'd really like to see come dry time experiments - Let's say compare an Everest to a TNT. Same hoses, wand and operator. Both set to factory HG. I'd like to see if there is a discernible difference in dry times. Perhaps we'll put to rest the bigger is better mentality or maybe we'll relaunch it. Who knows.

I learned a lot at the MF that I went to. I appreciated the hands on with the monkey pads - even though we decided not to do it, it was a good way to figure out we didn't want to do it. And, though it took a while, I did by an orbot based on what I saw there.

I think you should have as much gear there as possible. Some of the guys who are going might be choosing between MF and connections - so it might be their only chance to check it out.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

KP is just a big teddy bear. !gotcha!

I'm looking forward to visiting CAli again....I probably won't move there until June or July. :cry:

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon

Personally I'm bored to death of one and two hours mini classes.
Would you like a 1/2 or whole day session?
What subject?

Do you want to take a tour of CTI/ Pros Choise/ Full Circle while we're out there?
Yes.

Do you want a shoot out or suck off? What sort of comparisons would you like to see and take part in?
Not that interested. But, would like to see how to make modifications to my TM that would improve sucking/shooting.

Is it important to have manufactures with their demo trucks and equipment set up?
Yes, I like to see the set ups and general operations of different manufactures but more so the Real Cleaner and the way they set up their vans.

What would you like this year's Round Table session to cover?
Unique and/or effective up-sells.

Are you interested in learning more about:
Rug cleaning?
Upholstery cleaning? Yes.
VLM methods?
Stone restoration?
Color Sealing?
Marketing? Yes.
Biz management? Yes.

I was at Superiors CAD and enjoyed the raffles but would be much more entertained by an auction. So if you get some gear/soap to give away I vote to auction it off. That way you get what you want and not what some card drawn from an old soap jug determines is your fate for the day.

joe harper

Name
joe harper

Mikey P said:
[quote="working fool":35b4whv5][quote="Brian R":35b4whv5]What are you going to do if KP shows up? :shock:

Hopefully he doesnt act like a stuck up bitch and puts all the BS aside for a change.I dont know..maybe he is really shy.I can wish cant I?Might be nice if Rob could show up as well,I will see if Nick can call him.All seems a little rediculous doesnt it ladies?After all Mike..isnt one of your trademark sayings is "its just carpet cleaning".Anywho,we will see you there,and dont any of you try and talk me out of it.[/quote:35b4whv5]

Welcome back Fiddy.

behave your self :!:

I let people I can't stand on here, I let idiot savants, caught and convicted liars, drooling half wits, KKK members, Padders, Bible thumpers, even a child molester or two participate. but I wont tolerate people who fixate on me and me and only come on here to do their stocking.

You, Steve Illitard, that dwarf from New that and Tom Cullin were amongst the elite in this group

Running this freak show is hard enough. Never before has such a collection of so many weird ass carpet cleaners ever been assembled under one roof.

You want normal rookies who only want to discuss pre sprays and door hanger design along with a Nazi-ish board owner go to ***, You want to talk to small group of prudish dinosaurs go to ICS, an even smaller group go to Clean Fax, if horrible customer service from a few board regrets is your thing along with a very small audience than stay on WOC (not picking on Cooper and Jeff, just their members) or you can participate here with out lurking, where you'll find the largest amount of real cleaning veterans, Board superstars, Industry big wigs and plenty of action and value.

:!:

Don't call my wife and cuss at her
Don't send me emails telling me you are going to show up at my door step and eat my kids in front of me.
Don't put words in my mouf or make up stories.

If you can follow those few basis rules, welcome back to Mikey's Board.[/quote:35b4whv5]

ALL HAIL CaeSaR........ :roll:

images-1-5.jpg

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner

LisaWagnerCRS said:
When is it and where?

Lisa

Okay, I found the info - Sac in Feb.

I'd suggest you contact CFI Mike, they would be all over helping you coordinate this, and since they are doing regional meetings every other month all over CA, they will know what topics will draw in the most bodies.

Since you never know how many are actually coming, make everyone register. If they sign up by a certain date make it a big discount, or free, but more at the door otherwise. Part of the headache of planning events is not knowing how many are coming. You can also create an affiliate link that your sponsors can use to sign up people through their own lists for the event at a discount - so you can have multiple marketing efforts at play. Again... since CFI is regularly marketing to this region, and nationally through ICS and CF, you will be able to hit cleaners over the head with the info multiple times until you get the knock-out.

The drawback of your breakouts has been good speakers speaking at the same time, and speakers running over - and of course crappy sound when it's in a big warehouse. So more intensive presentations in a real classroom would be nice - or else just all hands-on demos in the facilities. I don't know if Sacramento Rug Works is worth touring, but that's an option.

CFI has sponsored some charitable cleaning events to clean up Ronald McDonald Houses and other shelters for abused women. You might tie an opportunity like this to your show, where sponsors or cleaners can donate their time to do some good in the area, and truly get an opportunity to try some new equipment and solutions in the field.

Just some ideas...
Lisa

John Olson

Name
John Olson

I like the idea of cleaning the Ronald McDonald house or something similar as long as it doesn't turn into the skating rink.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy

Proline has a practice stone floor in the warehouse and ceramic/grout inside. Maybe Noel will let you use them for showing colorsealing and stone restoration?

joe harper

Name
joe harper

Mikey P said:
Well Kevin I see you are still a full fledged dick and show zero appreciation for people who provide boards for you to be if smart ass on so give me one good reason to give you a third chance here..

Because ....I Likes hIm... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I will BAN him when ..."I"... am good & ReaDY.... !gotcha!

Now go PolIsH that BulDogS NUTTS.... :p :p :p :p :mrgreen:

G

Mikey P said:
Well Kevin I see you are still a full fledged dick and show zero appreciation for people who provide boards for you to be if smart ass on so give me one good reason to give you a third chance here..

If you can't show an ounce of respect after all the bs you've slung my way then ACE off and stay on woc

Like I said above, read it again.
you really are a little gustapo arnt you?.listen here BIG DICK,,I didnt asked you to reinstate me DA,you do whatever your little drama queen ass does for your own pleasure.I responded to your bullshit response and you fly off like a little diva.If you didnt let rejects like yourself here you would be a lonely guy.You really are a pathetic POS.See you in Sac.:)

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning

Brian R said:
I want to see new products

I want to hear new ideas

I want to see someone take their shirt off again.....Perferably not Art this time.

Well quit posting your private collection of my misfortunate moment. Fucker.

I would like to see an electric TM showdown. This is the future of carpet cleaning. John Labarbarbarino vs Terje vs Savage. These guys are the innovators here. Real forward thinkers. I happen to know the 360i will work beautifully with the reduced vac lift these machines have, as I had to run my WM Pro1200 at half pace (1000 rpms and 10" lift) when the 360i I first received from Rotovac had the wrong dang motor that would actually smoke and bog down under 16" lift pressure so I had to cut it down and nurse it along. (Thankfully they replaced that POS with a new one that works fine).
Lets pick a neighborhood in Sacramento that could use some free carpet cleaning and the homeowners wouldn't mind the intrusion of a bunch of CC working and observing the process.
In fact, lets go into some ghetto there and do some good and maybe get some free publicity for the MB.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

I'd like to see as many new machines and new tools as I can. Good demonstrations of use and new techniques.

I don't care for similar classes to what we can already get at an IICRC classes. What makes Mikey's board special for me is the practical every day advice and problem solutions that you can get only here.

• How about the dye repair with crayons.
    An actual demonstration of special stain removal on different carpets. Say the ultraviolet light on mustard stain on synthetic and wool.
    Comparison cleaning with all the different Padding/Bonnet machines.
    Round table that concentrates on the Owner Operator (by far the majority here) and not the multi truck operator. Unless, there is a demand for that and then it can be a separate one.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

Ofer Kolton said:
I'd like to see as many new machines and new tools as I can. Good demonstrations of use and new techniques.

I don't care for similar classes to what we can already get at an IICRC classes. What makes Mikey's board special for me is the practical every day advice and problem solutions that you can get only here.

• How about the dye repair with crayons.
    An actual demonstration of special stain removal on different carpets. Say the ultraviolet light on mustard stain on synthetic and wool.
    Comparison cleaning with all the different Padding/Bonnet machines.
    Round table that concentrates on the Owner Operator (by far the majority here) and not the multi truck operator. Unless, there is a demand for that and then it can be a separate one.

agree....

Mikey P

Administrator

Took the trash out..

Let me make it perfectly clear, If you been banned from Mikey's Board, you are NOT welcome at Mikey'sfest.

kinda makes sense don't it?

Let get back on subject.

Sound like hands on, REAL hands on is what you all want.

Foster and I will be meeting with Proline's owners this week to discuss what we can pull off.

Mikey P

Administrator

I'm sure Mytee will have their ETM there, maybe Terje will remove his thumb by then and we can have an electric shoot out as well.

harryhides

Name
Tony

Ron Toney does some very impressive hands-on stuff.
And he's not too shabby when in comes to Rugs either.
His wife Libby Longstreth is another genius.

I would definitely try to get them involved.

Bob Foster

One thing is for sure there definitely will not be any serious testing at this event. Too hard to control the parameters to give any credible results.

The ad hoc type of comparisons and shoot outs are the practical way to go.

Dye repair and maybe the new Dye Sticks from CTI sound interesting.

That demo/teaching stone floor sounds good.

The O/O round table. Harper had to grace us with his presence. I think he's holding out for an appearance fee and wants to drop in like a rock star in a Bell Ranger.

IDGAS, just enjoy the get together and helping out.

Tony it would be nice for some of us that are interested to hear from you about the current and future state of the of IICRC. I would suggest it be just before the round table. We could put a plexiglass shield in front of you to stop the spit and rotten tomatoes from hitting you.

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner

Mikey P said:
CFI has been contacted already.

Thanks for the good tips Lisa.

Where have you been?

Was a week in PA to prep for my big event with Pemberton in 10 days - then in AZ all last week for the big fish event... it's just been busy, busy, busy. Plus, still coordinating some cleaning efforts from Irene and Lee in NY, NJ, and VT for Piranha Members out there to help clean up and restore properties. I don't know what the heck the media meant by all the "hype" - there is a lot of devastation out there still.

Plus Jim and I have 40 companies we are working with to train in rugs and fabric, so it's a lot of interaction week to week.

So sorry I've not been on-line much. =)

If you need help reaching CFI (they are having a management change right now) let me know. They've been putting on events for 52 years in the region, that would be helpful to you to lean on the locals who have systems already in place.

No sense reinventing the wheel. Though I think Brevik has made an electric one.

Lisa

joe harper

Name
joe harper

Bob Foster said:
One thing is for sure there definitely will not be any serious testing at this event. Too hard to control the parameters to give any credible results.

The ad hoc type of comparisons and shoot outs are the practical way to go.

Dye repair and maybe the new Dye Sticks from CTI sound interesting.

That demo/teaching stone floor sounds good.

The O/O round table. Harper had to grace us with his presence. I think he's holding out for an appearance fee and wants to drop in like a rock star in a Bell Ranger.

IDGAS, just enjoy the get together and helping out.

Tony it would be nice for some of us that are interested to hear from you about the current and future state of the of IICRC. I would suggest it be just before the round table. We could put a plexiglass shield in front of you to stop the spit and rotten tomatoes from hitting you.

http://www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/ ... 88882.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUQv-hZI ... re=related

leesenter

I would like to test all bonnets, pad machines and counter rotating brushes on different carpets with a texture retention warranty.
I would like to know a) how the same carpet stands up to the various methods when compared to CRI appearance retention scales and b) which systems cause the tips to bloom.
I would then like to compare the results with using all the same systems on a wear warrany and a builder's grade carpet.
I would like to know if certain presprays and additives actual expedite delamination of carpet's latex bed if the carpet is left wet too long.
As a guy who is active in cleaning, inspection and restoration these are the things that have me the most curious.
If Ron and Libby would lead the testing that would be amazing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom