Help me spend money!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Idler pulleys shearing of the front of the engine 4 times (Sapphire part)

5 ruptured heat exchangers

Water pond completely rusted out on both trucks within two years

Replaced spark plugs/wires on both vans by 30000 miles, Sapphire offered boots for the plugs after this

One machine won't engage after sitting for 2-3 days (it's my truck and I normally don't clean Friday and Saturday), Sapphire keeps trying to tell me the blower is locked up yet I can spin it with my finger, it's some type of electrical gremlin.

The 2015 has 58000 miles and 2900 hours, the '16 47000 miles and 1500 hours. To Sapphires credit most of this stuff has been warrantied but I have zero faith that I won't continue having these issues in the future. So I am a little leery of a "bran new" Sapphire slide in that's supposed to be the next great thing, bc these 1200s were supposed to be the next great direct drive.
Cool does butler change the spark plugs wire from stock on the same van to prevent the heat that cause premature damage?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Cool does butler change the spark plugs wire from stock on the same van to prevent the heat that cause premature damage?
Sapphire did a recall and put a pulley on my clutch drive at 200 hours and I’ve got about 2300 hours now.

But I do have other issues.

Your machine won’t start?

Through water on the electrical connection near the chemical jug lol.

I’am has it splash water and it started while driving once or twice.

That was fun

Chris A

Name
Chris
Sapphire did a recall and put a pulley on my clutch drive at 200 hours and I’ve got about 2300 hours now.

But I do have other issues.

Your machine won’t start?

Through water on the electrical connection near the chemical jug lol.

I’am has it splash water and it started while driving once or twice.

That was fun

Butler changes the fan and fan clutch plus some other things to address the heat under the hood. I've had the random startup after a rainstorm too lol

Reactions: SamIam

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Quick question???

What problems have you had with you pro1200????

I had a bad bearing on a pulley at 126 hours no problem since.

And I’ve had fuel pump related issues one time replaced under warranty.

And it starting to act up again like every 20k Miles.

I’m in the desert and they get cooked.

Does butler do anything to make it so the fuel pump lasts?????

If not aren’t all direct drives subject to the vehicle they’re in?

Lastly Mark had one sitting for practically 6 months all van related.

So I’m wondering if it’s van or unit related?
My Butler wasn't a Butler issue... But a crappy (real Fookin rediculous dishonest BullS**T) worst GM dealership probably in existence.

All over a starter that the GM dealership kept telling us wasn't the problem. They let the van sit for months after getting a bunch of money out of GM corporate for BS warranty work invoiced!

The experience since getting my van out of that dealership (which also refused to let me take it out of theirs and to another dealership) the rig has been flawless!

That dealership has lost out on a number of sales and never will see me in there again. I have purchased 4 new vehicles since that experience a year ago... BUT NOT ONE DOLLAR OF MINE WILL EVER BE SPENT THERE AGAIN!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
The Butler units will provide great performance, durability and be one of the easier units to run.
@SamIam no fuel pump overheat problems with the Butlers
Butlers take into account running the units sitting. Small mods but effective mods make their rigs run and in hot weather.

Small suspension updates take care of any possible wear and tear as well.

Butler has it down. I will have my Butler at Mikey's Fest Phoenix this year. Come try it out!

Chris A

Name
Chris
Mark you did have a problem a few years back with fuel pumps no? That seemed to be real common for all direct drive owners, that's one issue that I've never had, knock on wood

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark you did have a problem a few years back with fuel pumps no? That seemed to be real common for all direct drive owners, that's one issue that I've never had, knock on wood

2010 and 2011 vehicles there was finally a recall on the fuel pumps but it was being caused by a wiring harness issue to the pump. That finally fixed it.
It wasn't from the heat and motors running sitting, it was electrical causing overheating.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom