Help me trouble shoot please!

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I have an older CDs, Today I was doing a commercial job and all of a sudden I lost water pressure. I bring my own water . My freshwater tank was full. I checked the pump from the tank, it was working but the waterbox was empty. I used a jug to fill the waterbox manually and pressure returned. It happened in the first hour of a 4 hour job. and I did three more hours without any issues. I kept going back to the truck to check the water box but everything was normal. Do you guys have any idea what could have happened there?
Tomorrow I have to go back and do 4 more hours. I hope the problem doesn't return. On Monday my repair place will be open , but for now i'm on my own. If it is something intermittent my shop may have trouble pinning down the problem.

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
Check the 3/8" Quick release that connects to the machine where the water enters it. A bad QR can screw up a whole day because you're looking at everything else but that

Reactions: Sierra Clean Care

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
It is possible that when I filled the water box with a jug of water that that big splash of water might have wiggled something that was stuck loose
I'm at the job now I'm just running my hoses and I'll be starting up my truck in a little bit and I'll see.
There are two wires that are attached to some kind of a switch at the entry of the water box I checked those and they seem to be okay
Thanks for your help wish me luck

Name
Swani
Check the wires that go to the Pump switch on the machine. I had a similar problem on my Everest and it was the wire going to the switch. I'm not sure how a direct drive works, but on a slide in machine with the engine off, you can turn the key to auxiliary, and then wiggle the wires to see if it affects the pump.

I would see if flipping the float up and down does anything.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I believe the older CDS machines had a Dema valve on the side of the solution tank that controls incoming water. I would say it would be that or one of the float switches in the solution tank

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Thanks for all the suggestions.
I got through my job 5 and 1/2 hours of dancing with Wanda and the machine was working flawlessly.
So I'm not really sure what to do about what happened. I don't know how to reproduce it
This weekend was a big job. I'm so glad I got through it.
I could take my truck down to LPM,
My local repair place, this coming week. But if everything works what are they going to do for me?

Reactions: Living The Dream
Name
Swani
Thanks for all the suggestions.
I got through my job 5 and 1/2 hours of dancing with Wanda and the machine was working flawlessly.
So I'm not really sure what to do about what happened. I don't know how to reproduce it
This weekend was a big job. I'm so glad I got through it.
I could take my truck down to LPM,
My local repair place, this coming week. But if everything works what are they going to do for me?
It would be a waste of money to bring it in if you can't reproduce it. Good to hear you were able to get your job done today.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I appreciate all the suggestions you guys made. So if it does happen on a future job I wouldn't be tapping in the dark as much as I was this last time.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
This is the part you need

IMG_1465.jpeg

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Okay, I know exactly which part that is. That's where the water goes through then get pumped into the water box. There's a filter in this thing. I don't know what you call it.
Where can I buy it? I did check the wire connections on that part maybe I accidentally stumbled over the solution to my problem.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Okay, I know exactly which part that is. That's where the water goes through then get pumped into the water box. There's a filter in this thing. I don't know what you call it.
Where can I buy it? I did check the wire connections on that part maybe I accidentally stumbled over the solution to my problem.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
In fact a recently pulled the filter out of that part to clean it.
I have seen similar filters that have the wire mesh and some kind of a cap on the end of it.
The filter that's in my unit is just the wire mesh and it's completely open on one side and on the opposite side is the bolt that screws into the assembly. To me it looks like there was a part missing and I called the LPM mechanic and he told me that that's the way it supposed to look no Cap at the end.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom