Help me with Aero Tech options-

I am getting real close to buying 2 Aero Techs. I am going to sell my White-Magics along with the trucks they are in. I've managed to get them running very well despite no help from the factory or local disty. Now that I am going to replace them with A/T's I want to make sure I get the best package and options. So any help appreciated.
RA.

PS:please don't mention Vortex, no offense but they are not an option because my local disty sells and repairs those...

Kelly said:
i know some one who could help you sell your used equipment

I'm selling them cheap. Even though you could eat off the floor of my trucks and they are maintained to the hilt I just want to move up to the next level!!! So let me know.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
funny Ron....

While i havent been to vortex shop, I have AT...TOP AND I MEAN TOP NOTCH PEOPLE...

wanna know why they are the best...

cuz they build ALL their own stuff...(minus blower and pump of course)

you want it, they probably can build it..

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Ron Lippold said:
sorry but vortex is the only way to go, if you want a at go to nicks board

uh what??? if you have a used vortex better hope AT is nice enough to give you parts, besides why pay a lot more money for a machine that has a brake fluid HX, the AT design is much simpler better and some say hotter.

I think the 6" box is perfect, however you can change the height, look me up when you come out I am not too far from there

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
some really need to get over it, The AT system is no easier then the Vortex system. They both can be dangerous but one can be more dangerous if a malfunction happens

From what I seen, BlueLine builds all their own stuff also. The people are also top notch and know their business

after you get to constant 250 heat with 012 flow at the wand it really won't matter

Robert, what options do you think you need?

Get them to Elephant Bark(rubber mat) the floor, pass on the rhino lining. The mat will make it even more quiet and I would think last a lot longer. Gives you some good footing climbing in and out of the machine

Also get them to take care of your flight and motel, they will do this if you ask

I kind of liked the wall heater options along with the ceiling insulation, but the ceiling insulation can be done a lot cheaper buy yourself

carpet on the inside walls can be done much cheaper at home also

I didn't like the duel waste tanks, so I would have went with the single tank with APO, the single 230 gallon tank is giant
vortexwastetankcy8.jpg

I personally think both companies would be better served with a bigger single waste tank. I think the 230 gallon waste tank is a little to big but it sure pulls a lot of vacuum

the only thing that really bothers me between the 2 machines is one is distributor supported, the other isn't

PM me if you have any question you would like an honest to. I just bought a Vortex but have no bias one way or another

rhyde

Name
rhyde
White-Magic money pit said:
I want to make sure I get the best package and options. So any help appreciated.
RA. ...

back to the question get the toilet option...nothin like shit'in on the job :roll:

Steve how often do you empty that huge thing once a month if it needs it or not

Mikey P

Administrator
Good fuckin gravy!

Will ya look at that tank! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Name
Ron lippold
thats a 24 flow tank just what I need if you plan on high flow make sure you go with a much bigger pump out you will need it

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
steve g said:
[quote="Ron Lippold":419komzn]sorry but vortex is the only way to go, if you want a at go to nicks board

uh what??? if you have a used vortex better hope AT is nice enough to give you parts, besides why pay a lot more money for a machine that has a brake fluid HX, the AT design is much simpler better and some say hotter.

[/quote:419komzn]

I bought a used one and I can get anything I need delivered to my front door next day delivery if I chose so........From AT

I just don't think Blue line is up to speed yet.............

When I decided I was not going to mess with that POS fresh tank last year
and figured I would just replace it..My first choice was blue line because it is only a 3 to 4 hour drive and I could of just picked it up...But I was straight told that they did not make the size I needed.......I was totally shocked..(me and about 5 other people)...and was forced to go to AT
and it was on the truck and being freighted to my front door the next day with everything I needed to convert it over to a round one...everything fit and matched up perfect from switching from square to round..

As for the Threm oil HX.(Sorry Adam I have always been honest)......
Mine was giving me problems and I wanted to make sure I stayed ahead of it so I went to order one from Blue line......Things like this are not in stock if you need them so if something drastic had happen and Blue line was my only option..........I would have to wait to get one made before it could even be shipped...(or picked up) AT had them in stock shipped it out the next day with all the parts I needed for $500 cheaper.........it is sitting in my garage waiting for me to decide what to do with it......

When I was talking with them I asked about the huge HX that AT has now and I was told if that one blew or had a problem it would be about $3500 to replace.....Mine was only $1000........and IMO the jury is still not out yet on
that huge HX.I have worked with to many closed loop water systems and I am still not convened it will last as long as the therm oil.....But that is just my opinion and time will tell.........

Both companies are top notch.........

Blue Line is still getting there feet wet with the Vortex and will in time make the adjustments needed to put themselves where they need to be........

As far as options.........No one here can tell you what to get.you have to have it for what you do.............Call who ever and go over there options on what they offer and build it to you liking..........

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
That waste tank is fookin huge. That would be sweet. I would only have to dump once a year.

Golden Boy

Greenie

AT has a larger HX?
From what I've seen they are pretty similar, what does the new BIGGER one look like?

Can you get the lid off easily in that crab cooker? That is an argument for a foot taller box, or a tank recessed into the floor.

It amazes me still that Ron says his APO can't keep up on tile work, I thought those things pumped some serious water?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I took my apo off and it just sits in the garage........

I only have a few large commercial jobs and found it much faster to just park where the clean out is and dump................

Ron is correct.it does have problems keeping up with the higher flow and tank capacity when you are cranking high pressure and recovery....

I think the floats are to close together in the tank and does not allow enough time for the apo to move enough water before it hits the upper shut down float.some of the smaller units that don't have the type of recovery that the larger blowers can produce don't have this type of problems.and have no issues keeping up.....

Plus the design is not the best because when not in use it sits and clogs

needs a goose neck that comes up and then points down about 8 inch's from the bottom of the tank so crap don't set tel down into the pump.......

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Robert,

Get the ramp for sure if you are doing commercial work with a cimex or other unit. It comes in handy. Get the high flow pump and larger solution line (3/8"). My rhino lining works well but is tough to keep really clean "looking" like I it.

Get the multiple solution tank option as well, didn't get it...but made a conversion for an extra one.

I like the idea of the "dropped" waste tank. You would lose the ramp but gain extra storage overhead.

Call me if you want to.

bc

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
If I do 3 houses in one day the waste tank needs to be dumped but dump it every day

I filled it the other day on one commercial job running dual wands

it kind of scares me when I open the dump valve and listen to the dirty water running down a sewer clean out

it takes 2 people to take the top off but still has enough clearance to look inside and wash it out

Greenie

I thought the exact thing on the APO goose neck, who wants a chimney that fills with silt, then when you need it you have to evacuate all the silt before firing up the pump? I'm also in agreeance with the floats, what is wrong with letting the tank get fuller?

I'd never have swing out back doors, I'll do something else for shelving, those things are like two sails waiting to give someones honda a makeover, give me a roll up any day. I'd also want a powered liftgate if I was dealing with a lot of floor machines etc...So I could skip the ramp, we aren't getting any younger.

Every truck needs larger chem jugs, 15 gal. is a good number, but 30 gal. would be even better.

Back up cameras should be standard.

Mikey P

Administrator
Like Greenie, I would not get the barn doors again.

Especially if you 'll have chimps driving it.

I've bought two taillights so far.

One Subaru and one Benz.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
that is one of my plans to switch over to a roll up door the first of next year

Talked and checked into it and it will be easier then replacing the fresh tank

total cost delivered to my front door is about $1300..........

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
We are making one with a roll up back door now. We also have put a 30 gallon chemical jug in one. All you have to do is ask. I had a 26 gallon chem jug on mine.

Yes Mike we can put a 2.5 inch or bigger drain in the tank.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Adam.

How much are your roll up doors and all the parts for me to change it over.............??

Demien

Pleasanton, Ca. (just east of San Francisco)
Name
Demien lucero
I also took my APO off the truck as well. I never use it.

What about putting a T fitting where the hose coming from the waste tank connects to the pump. Attach a ball valve to the T fitting. With the unit running open the valve to blow the gunk back into the waste tank ?

Demien

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Jim, I am razing the height of the box on my Vortex 10" and installing a rear overhead door. I am installing a Todco Weathertite door. The door will cost about $950.00 with freight. I ordered a new Vortex last friday that will be built taller with a roll up rear door. Also this weekend I installed two power solution hose reels.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the way the back door was explained to me was it is the same door as the roll up on the side

The back is wider so you have to add some square stock on each side to fill it in.........

I have a site that has all the doors and I have not really sat down and looked at it real close..........not sure if I can get it the right size and not have to worry about the extra metal

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
I have to replace the rear corner posts when I raise the height of the box. I am going to make them 4", replacing the 2" corner posts. You need the extra 2" to weld the door track in place.

Back
Top Bottom