Help me with my college class….bookkeeping questions!!!

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Doing some research for my college accounting/quickbooks certification class….

How do you track your income/expenses ? (Weekly, monthly, box or receipts at tax time Ans year end bank statements?)

Do you use any software? If not, why not?

Do you have a “bookkeeper” (can be a certified one or a friend/Neigbor/ life partner that helps with this stuff. Doesn’t Have to be a hired/professional bookkeeper). If not, why not or what’s holding you from doing so?

If you don’t use someone in this role, what would be your biggest motivation to hire someone?

What biggest fear/reason for NOT making the leap to have someone help I’m this capacity?

if you did bring someone in, what would your top three criteria be for someone in this role?

Anything else should I know or be asking or you want to share?

Reactions: Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
When I was in the business it was weekly we would look at a snapshot at where we were in respect to our monthly target. As we got to mid month it influenced our billing and pressure to meet our target.

Quickbooks Pro, I also used Peachtree for many years prior to Quickbooks.

I was the bookkeeper, did billing and weekly payroll too.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I use Service Monster paired with Quickbooks Pro for my bookkeeping.
No need to hire anyone since I can do most of my bookkeeping from my android while at stoplights.
Since December I have spent over 8 hours at stoplights in my personal car-- and I rarely drive it.
I print out the reports and give them to my CPA to do my taxes.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
@roro I watch the pedestrian count down clock to let me know how many seconds I have b4 the light changes--So I'm rarely that guy causing traffic.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Madam uses Quickbooks. She does payroll using T-Sheets by Intuit. Our middle kid partner is the trouble shooter. It’s a full time job keeping up with 25 chimps. We use a CPA for quarterly reporting and tax returns.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I send my receipts to a bookkeeper every month who has access to all my business cc accounts and bank, then sends the info over to my CPA. I never got into quickbooks, so I'm behind on that edge. If she ever retires, I'll be rushing to learn it. Thank goodness we're the same age.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I send my receipts to a bookkeeper every month who has access to all my business cc accounts and bank, then sends the info over to my CPA. I never got into quickbooks, so I'm behind on that edge. If she ever retires, I'll be rushing to learn it. Thank goodness we're the same age.
You do need half a brain to use it but with some effort you might be able to pull it off Matt. 😉

You can easily do it. Reports, printing checks, paying payroll & state taxes are a few clicks.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mikey P

Administrator
Ely could use a meg..
PXL_20210628_181747053.jpg

Watching an OO answer his own phones on the job reminded me how blessed i was to have an involved wife when I started out.

Gawd only knows what he's doing with his books

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Ely could use a meg..
View attachment 109036

Watching an OO answer his own phones on the job reminded me how blessed i was to have an involved wife when I started out.

Gawd only knows what he's doing with his books
God, let it go man, It's part of doing business. Not all of us want to throw away money on some fat chick eating bon bons while waiting for the phone to ring just so she can call you with stupid questions that would have been easier to answer if you had just taken the call first. If anything, I would rather pay an employee to swing the wand so I can chat it up on the phone. Also, I have a knack for sniffing out the weirdo's. My last scheduler thought it was my duty to provide service to everyone that called, no matter the circumstance.

My phone rings all day and I manage just fine. I tried the booking lady thing and it just didn't work out and I don't want to put out the funds to pay someone to do it. Good on Ely.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
I'm glad I'm at the point where I don't have to answer the phone while working, nor bother with the expense of paying someone to do it.
Callers can help themselves by using my website and online booking system.
I'm booked 2-3 weeks out, so I don't see the urgency in answering the phone.
I sell it as a benefit. I don't like to be distracted while serving my clients. I owe them my full concentration.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Not all of us want to throw away money on some fat chick eating bon bons while waiting for the phone to ring just so she can call you with stupid questions that would have been easier to answer if you had just taken the call first.

Fat shaming is an unfortunate behavior Mr R.

Perhaps if said BBW was eating baconators instead of chocolate bon bons you'd find her conduct more tolerable?

....just having some fun with you Damon.

Initial customer contact is important, and more than one cleaner made the choice to train a cleaner instead of training a phone/sales/scheduling party.

• Love
Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Fat shaming is an unfortunate behavior Mr R.

Perhaps if said BBW was eating baconators instead of chocolate bon bons you'd find her conduct more tolerable?

....just having some fun with you Damon.

Initial customer contact is important, and more than one cleaner made the choice to train a cleaner instead of training a phone/sales/scheduling party.
We called the police dispatchers “Round Mounds of Sound”

I’m not proud.

• Haha
Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom