Help me with my college class….bookkeeping questions!!!

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Initial customer contact is important, and more than one cleaner made the choice to train a cleaner instead of training a phone/sales/scheduling party.
The 1st person I hired back in 1986 was a girl to answer the phones and do the books.
So much more work was booked it paid her salary and added another tech and truck in no time.
I may be old school but I believe if you really want to grow a business you need dedicated phone staff.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You
You pussy

Screenshot_20210629-195619_Google.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: hogjowl

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
Doing some research for my college accounting/quickbooks certification class….

How do you track your income/expenses ? (Weekly, monthly, box or receipts at tax time Ans year end bank statements?)

Do you use any software? If not, why not?

Do you have a “bookkeeper” (can be a certified one or a friend/Neigbor/ life partner that helps with this stuff. Doesn’t Have to be a hired/professional bookkeeper). If not, why not or what’s holding you from doing so?

If you don’t use someone in this role, what would be your biggest motivation to hire someone?

What biggest fear/reason for NOT making the leap to have someone help I’m this capacity?

if you did bring someone in, what would your top three criteria be for someone in this role?

Anything else should I know or be asking or you want to share?
We use QBO and a bookkeeper. My husband thinks I should be the bookkeeper but that’s one thing I 100% refuse to do. I just can’t wrap my head around it. I’ve tried and the tears aren’t worth it. Every day I’m in the office I screenshot the receipts to the Dext program and the bookkeeper matches them in QBO. She does the reconciling monthly and lets me know the P&L is ready. Top 3 criteria: knowledgeable, responsive, and reasonably priced. If you can beat our current bookkeeper’s price, you’re probably hired.

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
God, let it go man, It's part of doing business. Not all of us want to throw away money on some fat chick eating bon bons while waiting for the phone to ring just so she can call you with stupid questions that would have been easier to answer if you had just taken the call first.
I prefer Raisinettes, thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom