Help me with my priorities....

Mikey P

Administrator
Having tested the Laminator system here in my home, I would recommend passing on that one. The coating scratches way too easy. Dog and furniture owners will not be pleased with how it holds up.

Are you cleaning tile yet?
Stone?
Counter tops?

The real money is in the sealing/enhancing/colorseal.

Are you letting your community know about your services through flooring retailers, the web or direct marketing?

If you dont have a 175 already then by all means start with that. Look for a used one first. A finger activated handle release is a perk but a 1.5 HP motor is a must. 17 inch is best all around.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Mikey is on target with this one. I always look at what Stanley Steemer offers as a service for 2 reasons:
1. its easy or else they wouldn't try it with their turnover.
2. It is profritable.

Add Tile then get comfortable and start on the more difficult stones.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
As far as return on your money a spinner is definitely the way to go. You'll make it up on one medium tile job. In the mean time keep an eye out for a used 175. I bought mine for $100 and I've been using it for 2 years now.

Name
I'm Rick James
I agree go with T&G. Its easy to clean and is profitable. If your doing T&G in kitchen, bathrooms, ect, just get a grout brush from Jon Don for $10 bucks and scrub the grout lines and the usual T&G tools. Unless you are doing very large open areas in commercial settings.

:mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom