Help,my first restaurant job is tomorrow!

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
It's not a complete grease pit.Kind of an old folks place.Olefin carpet,pretty worn, hasn't been cleaned in a while and I'm sure there are lots of grease and oil spots on the carpets too.
The Chemicals I have are Olefin prespray, Ultrapce Traffic Lane Prespray, Oxy Plus, Citrus Pro and Liquid Slurry from Prochem
and I have Grease Eraser and Action Extraction form Chemeister on the truck.
I do not have a rotary tool, just a Prochem Quad wand.
What do you guys recommend I use.
I have had great success with the Grease Eraser in retirement homes and ratty rentals.I'm wondering if I should prespray with Grease Eraser and rinse with Liquid slurry.
I normally only put just a little of the citrus pro into my rinse, more into the prespray. I use oxy plus in the prespray when I see a really bad situation but never in the rinse.
What should I use? Can I get good results in this situation using just a wand? :mrgreen:

Bob Foster

Why are you using citrus pro in your rinse for anything?

Use the grease eraser and slurry. Go buy yourself a corn broom and use that to prescrub with or rent a 175 and put a red pad on it.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
The Citrus Pro bottle says to use it in the rinse 4 - 6 oz per 5 gal. Should I not be doing that?
BTW I'm saving up for that corn broom :)
I'll check into renting a 175, but tomorrow is sunday so for this job I can't.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I disagree on the prescrub. I wouldn't prescrub it at all. Use the good chemicals and have fun. Grease eraser with a citrus boost if fine for grease.

I used that or Cobb's Powermax for the nasty (I mean real nasty) resty that I did. By the way, I fired that customer because it just wasn't worth it for me. I don't want to work that hard for $200 at 2am.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
nuke it and turn the heat as high as it will go

dilution rates vary , but just about EVERY juice on the market will be more effective if you mix it stronger

forget about the scrub, cause there ain't too many restaurants will pay for that.
use STRONG chems and MAX dwell time

do this;

Use what has worked best for YOU on your nastiest jobs.
Mix it 30-50% stronger .
Pre-spray a section BEFORE you set up the hoses ...spray it HEAVY
Now set up the hoses.
once set up, before you start cleaning, pre-spray the rest of the joint .
(or as far ahead as you can without fear of it drying before you get there with the wand)
That's a LOT of carpet if you pre-spray HEAVY ..which is what you'll need if it's bad..strong and heavy

if you've cleaned rentals that are really* bad , you shouldn't have any troubles with all but the worst of the worst restaurants

*don't know what a "really" bad rental is to "you"

..l.T.A.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Powerburst boosted with citrus pro. Is a sledgehammer....

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Able 1 said:
Powerburst boosted with citrus pro. Is a sledgehammer....

and a damn fine one too!
one of the best evah

but he doesn't have any

I don't know Grease Eraser...never used it
if the olefin pre-spray is Prochem's, I found it to be mediocre......"at best"
i do know Ultrapac , it's one of the best
...mix it double strength and it's a top sledge hammer too

.L.T.A.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Prespraying first and then setting up hoses should be standard protocol on all jobs!

It allows more dwell time therefore clean up easier. Won't be needing that much prescrubing. I always prespray as much as possible without know it will dry before i get there to extract.

Smaller homes- I prespray the whole carpet that i will be cleaning.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
gimmeagig said:
It's not a complete grease pit.Kind of an old folks place.Olefin carpet,pretty worn, hasn't been cleaned in a while and I'm sure there are lots of grease and oil spots on the carpets too.
The Chemicals I have are Olefin prespray, Ultrapce Traffic Lane Prespray, Oxy Plus, Citrus Pro and Liquid Slurry from Prochem
I have had great success with the Grease Eraser in retirement homes and ratty rentals.I'm wondering if I should prespray with Grease Eraser and rinse with Liquid slurry.
I normally only put just a little of the citrus pro into my rinse, more into the prespray. I use oxy plus in the prespray when I see a really bad situation but never in the rinse.
What should I use? Can I get good results in this situation using just a wand? :mrgreen:

Why in God's name do you need all that stuff?
Write's like a distributors wet dream
You need some heat and some agitation

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
Prespraying first and then setting up hoses should be standard protocol on all jobs!

It allows more dwell time therefore clean up easier. Won't be needing that much prescrubing. I always prespray as much as possible without know it will dry before i get there to extract.

Smaller homes- I prespray the whole carpet that i will be cleaning.

Zee, you and i know that, but Gig is a bass player with a chic's name
he's a buck rookie and just started in the glamorous career of CCing

..L.T.A.

I think you will do just fine with your grease eraser. I have never used any though, but apparently it is good stuff.

Mix it normal in your hf, and maybe mix some stronger in a pump sprayer for the worst areas.

You shouldn't need to boost it with anything.

Let us know how it turns out.

NEVER ADD any citrus product to your rinse. It will kill your chem injection pump.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Grease eraser will be just fine, crank uP the heat, I wouldn't spend the time scrubbing unless absolutely necessary. We clean almost 30 a month, you'll be just fine.

Mike Draper

Personally, I won't do the job if they want it done half-assed for half cost. A pre scrub in a resty will always clean the carpet more thoroughly than just a wand. I would definately look into getting a 175 asap if yu are gonna do restys, but charge for it. Its about eduacating the client.

S

sam miller

Grease eraser boosted with citrus pro, let sit like everyone else said, rinse with Slurry add a cup of ultra pac and a scoop of oxy plus

Also take as spray bottle mixed with straight citrus pro for any areas that dont come out and also for gum soak with hot water from wand spray and scrap with bone scrapper walla.

Cleaning pie Heat, Time, Mechanical action, Chemicals.

You got three of the above makem work for you.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
danielc said:
I think you will do just fine with your grease eraser. I have never used any though,

Mix it normal in your hf, and maybe mix some stronger in a pump sprayer for the worst areas.

You shouldn't need to boost it with anything.

I have never used any though

:roll: :roll:

Enroll now in my Skool of Bone and Tarpon Fishing Klass

I've never fished for them though.... :lol: :lol:

sorry Dan'l...could resist

it was either that or tell Draper no one care what he thinks
(Unless he's paying Roxy's electric bill, and house payment )

maybe Drapes should charge enough in the rentals so he doesn't have to do a HALFASS'd job by not vaccig and grooming :lol: :lol:

..l.T.A.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
and if you have a helper (wand mover) while you set up and spray, you can stay ahead of him scrubbing.....

And i agree with WHY IN THE HELL DO YOU HAVE ALL THAT STUFF????

my truck is going to have

Cobbs, pig slop from judson, maybe some o-2 as a kicker....THATS IT!!!!!!

I saved just enough of my sample from Les, to try it on a nasty house, and see how it works.....

O-2 is nice but still a little to pricy to run only that......between Cobbs, and judson, you got everything you need

Mike Draper

Lol at meat. Whenever you get a chance to throw in a negative jab at me, you jump right at it. What you got against me? Let's hear it. I know what I is. Let's see if your brave enough to tell the people on this board what it really is.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Mix your grease eraser hot and put it down heavy in bad spots. Give it a few minutes and the grease should come right up. You don't need anything in your rinse.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
whats funny is Mike....I usually agree with Meat :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Though i think i read some where is leans to far left for me...

but he REALLY likes guns....so i dunno....

but i like you......so i guess i dont agree with him there :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Though we both poke fun at Dan a bunch 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

course its hard to miss

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Thanks for the advice guys. I know about heat, dwell time and agitation etc. the chemical part I'm still trying to work out. By the way I have a CDS Machine with a 215 thermostat in the truck which boosts the heat. I found that if I get the water from my onboard tank instead from a faucet I get up to 225 at the machine. Every little bit counts I guess.
Someone here mentioned that I'm a "suppliers wet dream" :lol: Am I really that over loaded with chemicals? I thought I've been keeping it pretty simple. It's just the basic Prochem stuff and the Chemeister that I recently discovered. Believe me I'm not a chemical shopaholic but I can't just start with one product and never try anything else, right? How may brands did you guys go through before you settled on one thing?
Anyway, following the advice I've gotten from you so far I think I'll be using the grease eraser, mix it hot and heavy add some citrus pro and I'll be rinsing with the liquid slurry and I'll be adding the ultrapac to the rinse and also oxy plus. That rinse mixture is something I have never tried, Ultrapac is a prespray and I hope I won't cause the carpets to resoil rapidly if I have that in my rinse. If anyone here thinks that combo is a bad idea, please tell me now! But then again, it's a restaurant and it won't stay pristine for long anyway.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Hook up to the hot water tap at the restaurant so you start out with warm water to keep your temps up. Not too hot though if your pump can't take hot water. I used to do that when I had a machine that was not a fire breather. Ditto on Grease eraser and I have not pre scrubbed since I bought my first TM but we do use an RX.
al

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Dave Yoakum said:
I've been having great results in those situations with a 175, encap juice and pads.

blowme Gosse Dave.

You know better.

And Fook restaurants!

I have lots of low end, PIA custys I could work for all day.
why stay up late to do a restaurant?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
good enough prespray, and you should only need a freshy rinse....

every once in a while i like a bit of a kick...but not with that combo :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

just enough to nudge it

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mike Draper said:
What you got against me?.

:lol: :lol:
I don't have anything against you, Mike..fo-reel.
i actually admire your "go get 'em" attitude and was impressed as hell with your workmanship on your new truck

you're just any easy target sometimes is all
you kind of remind me of Todd... :lol:

..L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Todd.....i wonder what ever happened to that poor lil' basturd!

That booger WAS really funny! :lol:

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I'll have to drop some Grease Eraser off to Meat when I'm up his way.

What ever you mix up fpr pre-spray, make sure to at least compare to Grease Eraser. GE is that "little guy" in the back of the room with the BIG voice. It works on all resturant grease. I mix it 2 scoops to a gal of hot water, lay it down for at least 5 minutes, and crank up the heat. It will clean in one slow stroke, unless it's layered grease. As for the rinse, don't mix too heavy.....GE even says to ease off on the rinse solution because of the amount of chem in the pre-spray. Read the directions.

PCCN

gimmeagig said:

Ahhhh, the good ol' days. (First restaurant).

We've used Grease Eraser for over 6 years in restaurants (7 nights a week). Initially put a couple ounces of delimonene/citrus spotter in the prespray but now don't need it. Rinsing with al fiber type rinse is best way to get that ph back down and remove that funk from the carpeting.

Yea, if you are going to do lots of restaurants, a slow speed buffer is nice. (Can find them all over Craigslist). Many suppliers sell a brush specifically for carpets. Got ours years ago from Powr Flite, item#SF518 and still use it. It has bristles to scrub and a riser so not to bog down the buffer. Can use as shower feed also if needed.

Don't make the resstaurants a big deal, once you get your routine down, they are a breeze. Stack the chairs, prespray and area, clean the floor sliding your tables back and forth to get underneath, and move to the next area. No biggie.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom