Help pimping out my Boxxer 421

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
There are a ton of things to do out there to improve vac and heat. All I've done so far is....

1. Got the 14" Greenhorn wand with high flow and a glide.
2. Run 2 inch hose to the wand.
3. Removed the throttle stop in order to achieve about 10-15% more rpm's.

That leaves these improvements and more left...

1. Kunkle
2. 2.5 inch hose or 4 to the door.
3. Re-plumb for bigger openings (not sure if possible on boxxer)
4. Find better in-line filter. Not going to ditch my APO. If I don't filter, it clogs.
5. Better CFM's with 12" wand???
6. Post heater to get it really hot ATW.

Right now I'm in Phoenix and the air is so dry that I can soak down a carpet and it will still dry quick. I'm relocating to Lincoln, NE and the humidity is very high. Dry times will become an issue with my current setup.

Which improvements would you recommend. Also, rate them by order of importance.

Name
Jesse
1. Kunkle
2. Post heater to get it really hot ATW. You should also consider high temp hose followed by paraflex.
3. 2.5 inch hose, Re-plumb for bigger openings If you have dual ports you can get a 2.5 Y into 2 2" from GG
4. Find better in-line filter. Not going to ditch my APO. If I don't filter, it clogs.
6. 2" vac connectors, the stainless thin ones. Those plastic barbs some use are to fat for my liking.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I noticed one of the biggest changes was pulling out my pool filter...seeing as you dont want to yank that...find a better filter...maybe from butler, or duane has one i think, WM maybe...

Heat would be 2

what size blower does that have again??

I have all but shut my relief valve off, i would bet i have a few leaks being as it is an older system, but when i cap it off with my hand i can get it to go 18-19 hg.......now i couldnt run on that of course...but it pulls it so the leaks arent that bad....And I rarely go above 12-13 while cleaning anyway

replumb, the only 90 i have in the system is the one from blower to tank

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Sell it and buy mine and you will still be money ahead.

I will even deliver it to Lincoln and install.

You provide the comedy and food.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Just come to Lincoln for the hell of it. I'll supply everything. You'll have to pay for the Husker tickets though.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Unless you are buying my tm, no way. I traveled to Lincoln enough during the early 90's.

I didn't leave anything there.

Just think, you and Jimmy can become buddies.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Dirk Wingrove said:
There are a ton of things to do out there to improve vac and heat. All I've done so far is....

1. Got the 14" Greenhorn wand with high flow and a glide.
2. Run 2 inch hose to the wand.
3. Removed the throttle stop in order to achieve about 10-15% more rpm's.

That leaves these improvements and more left...

1. Kunkle
2. 2.5 inch hose or 4 to the door.
3. Re-plumb for bigger openings (not sure if possible on boxxer)
6. Post heater to get it really hot ATW.

Right now I'm in Phoenix and the air is so dry that I can soak down a carpet and it will still dry quick. I'm relocating to Lincoln, NE and the humidity is very high. Dry times will become an issue with my current setup.

Which improvements would you recommend. Also, rate them by order of importance.

1. Post heater
2. Kunkle
3. Better filter
4. 2.5" hose or 4-2-door
5. 12" wand w/glide
6. Re-plumb. Very difficult on a boxxer because of the small frame and footprint.

G

How about a new van with a pimped out wrap instead?

Make 2 dry strokes instead with your greenhorn wand and you won't be a hack.

Use a damn multi sprayer so your not a prespray soaker. Larry Cobb will be pissy with you since you will cut your prespray useage by 50-75%

Chad

G

Chad, this is the wild west out here. We ONLY pre-spray with the Hydro-Soaker. And we don't stop until there is at least one inch of standing water on the surface.

We still get one hour dry times.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
The wrap will be on the van Chad. The two dry strokes are there too. Multisprayer with gls type pre-scrub might be the ticket.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Jimmy don't need no more friends....they only hurt his feelings.

Make Jimmy cry......

Name
steve snail
Dirk,

Welcome to the heartland!

Jimmy's just pulling your leg. When you get settled, drop us a line and we will do lunch. Maybe on a Husker Saturday in Lincoln. Yeah, that's the ticket, Husker football, Linconl Nebraska and Beer!

My first day at 2.5 x 50' to the door! Yeah, it works.

Good luck on the move,

Steve

Jimbo

Hey Dirkman...Kunkle is going to boost your heat a bit...more of a load on the engine...maybe ten or 15 degrees.

Any way to hook up two 2" lines coming off the machine...then a couple of pool filters....maybe you can pop a 2nd connection into the lid of the waste tank...then a couple of short hoses to the new filters...then one of Greenies y's to go to one 2" hose.

Lincoln Nebraaka? Is that home?

Jim

Greenie

Why would you cut back prespray, it's what actually does the work, prespray is cheap, labor is expensive.

Must not have dirty carpet in MN.

Clean is more important than dry.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Greenie, I'm willing to soak 'em down as long as I can get good dry times. It's easy to do that here. Just scares me a bit in the new location.

Name
La Canada Carpet Cleaning
2.5 elbow at waste tank lid, then 50 ft 2.5 or 100 for longer runs

Why you moving to Husker town??

Going back home I take

G

Dirk is moving back for one of two reasons:

1. He loves living in an "armpit" type area with no big cities, major sports teams, good weather, water, thin women, or paved roads.

2. He's a wuss and his wife makes all the decisions.

I can't decide which is more true. And yes Husker fans, dont' compare you're former major college football program to what it was 10 years ago. Now its just another Michigan State or Iowa State. 2nd tier.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom