Help Power Clean TM 5inch hose from Blower to Waste Tank Rip

brilea

I have a Power Clean 56 Truck Mount. The 5 inch hose that runs from the Blower to my Waste Tank Ripped. It is about 10inches long and ripped in the middle. How it happened I think it just got old.

Does anyone know where to find these????

Thanks

Greenie

PC uses that acordion stuff.
ps: I think It's a 4" inside diameter hose when u call PC.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
you dont have a hose supply place around????

damn take that thing off go down there and say "I need this hose"

my 2.5 cost about $7 a ft

Rex Tyus

We stock the 4" I.D. hose for the larger blowers

Larry, at the risk of sounding like an ass (again), I have to ask if you stock 4" hose why do you choke down so many of your "bigger blower" units of the shelf with 2.5"? :? Or was that someone else trying to convince me on a previous thread that 56 blowers only needed 2.5" hose from port to tank? :eek:

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
It's to put the blower under constant strain, so that it runs hotter and generates more heat for heat transfer. Most HX manufacturers use that principle. Some hide it better than others.

Rex Tyus

It's to put the blower under constant strain, so that it runs hotter and generates more heat for heat transfer. Most HX manufacturers use that principle. Some hide it better than others.

I thought maybe undersized intake plumbing was a cost cutting proposition, but hell if you have it in stock why would you short change a "big blower's" potential.

FastEddie

My machine was choked down on the inlet and it didn't even have a blower H/X. Simply ridiculous engineering.

Rex Tyus

Truly the only reason a manufacturer would do do that is to jack up the vacuum lift reading on the gauge to impress someone that doesn't know better.

Matt King

Greenie's right on the hose.. I'd just call PowerClean and get a new one. In the mean time you could splice it and join it together with a short section of pvc.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Rex;

You guys need to really think about the Vac System as a whole.

The entire 2 ft. from the blower to our vac tank is insignificant compared to all the other restrictions in the system.

2.5" vs 4" for 2 feet will NOT be different on our flowmeter.

It is about the same difference as between 99.5' & 100' of 2" vac hose (that's 1/2% of the restriction)

The real restrictions we minimize are the:

1. Silencer (we now use a 6" x 36" model)

2. Heat Exchanger (ours has 19 1/2" straight tubes)

3. Waste Tank (ours has no baffles)

4. Vac Hose ( 2.5" or 2" depending on customer preference)

5. WandLip-Carpet Interface (Glides do help)

6. Vac Inlet Filter (we just built the 1st one with TWO 2.5" ports & ONE 2" port)

So which TM manufacturer is actually minimizing all of these vac system losses ???

Larry Cobb

Rex Tyus

Rex;

You guys need to really think about the Vac System as a whole.

The entire 2 ft. from the blower to our vac tank is insignificant compared to all the other restrictions in the system.

2.5" vs 4" for 2 feet will NOT be different on our flowmeter.

Larry, You really need the guys from roots or sutorbuilt to teach you how to use a flow meter properly.

The closer to the intake the greater the restriction. The longer the hose run the more obvious the undersized intake will be.

The main question I have is what POSITIVE benefit is there in using 2.5" intake plumbing? I know you won't answer because the answer is NONE. I am giving up on you Larry. I once thought there was hope, but now I am convinced you are to entrenched in "the way you have always done it" to ever improve.

6. Vac Inlet Filter (we just built one with TWO 2.5" ports)
Do you honestly think that will help if you only have a single 2.5" intake from blower to tank :roll: ?
Cleanco has been doing that for years :shock: .
And they don't choke down the blower between tank and blower port.
And I have never seen pictures of one of their units posted on the net with the intake plumbing melted down and a complete vac system failure that was never explained.

Here is clue: 2.5" pvc is not a good intake choice for a "big blower" :shock: :shock: :shock:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Rex;

The flow thru any vac system is dependent on ALL the restrictions from the carpet to the machine exhaust. Any lint filter is is a restriction.

It makes absolutely no difference where the restriction is in the system (except at the open wand end).

The silencer, HX design, wand & vac hose together are at least 200 times the flow restriction of 2.5" plumbing from the blower to the vac tank.

So where is the restriction to be worked on ??

Our blower intake fittings & exhaust plumbing is 100% steel (mostly stainless).

Here's a Vortex picture posted earlier (courtesy of Wizard), that shows their 4" (edited from 3"per Greenie) PVC plumbing quite clearly:

vorwiz.jpg

Notice the rubber reducing adapter on the right.

Larry

Greenie

that is 4" off of a 4" port 5009 blower which enlarges to 6" at the tank.

this will be my one and only comment on this thread, there is much misinformation here, and engineer would have his eyes rolling back in his head at some of the justifications.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jeff;

Feel free to start a new vac thread where you can post your thoughts on the contributions of ALL the various items in the vac system.

I would like to see it.

I do feel the 2.5" hose does make a significant difference, BECAUSE there is a hundred feet of length, typically.

Larry Cobb

Rex Tyus

I have to get ready for an evening of dinning and putt putt golf. I promise to comment more on this topic. I will address with practical description of each of Larry's numbered concerns.

I have yet to see an answer to my question concerning the positive benefit of using undersized plumbing IE 2.5" on a #5 blower.

I have said this before but it went unnoticed I guess, IF 2.5" INTAKE WAS ADEQUATE FOR A # 5 BLOWER IT WOULD COME FROM THE BLOWER MANUFACTURER WITH SUCH :shock: :shock: :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom