Name
Joey
Cat 290 losing pressure what could it be? I checked everything

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
No leaks from hoses or regulator. One minute it works fine then it loses pressure. I think I can finish the day with it

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
check valves may be stuck or shot....seals could be out...re-build kit may be in your future...

regulator could need rebuilt.....

Name
Lee Stockwell
Air leak on the inlet side (loose hose clamp or crack).

Blocked or clogged filter in water box (if you have one). Sometimes trash can get into a water feed line in strange ways. I once had a lizard crawl into a garden hose.

more...

Name
Lee Stockwell
What does your pressure gauge do? Flutter, spike, sag and bounce?

Could be trash in a solution line as well if GY neptune.

Loose belt?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Bounce when I set it to 400 when u key the wand it drops 75 psi. But its done that since new. Ill just have to take it in. pump has 1495 hours oil changed at first 25 hours then every 500 after that

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Fixed the issue with duct tape. A brand new hose had a leak. Ill have to get a new section of hose. I still think the pump has an issue. With the psi dropping so much. Thanks guys. I am always on top of maintenance so when a problem comes up I flip out. But thank god I have one of the most reliable machines in the world.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
1st problem: Its a CAT pump. I have NEVER had a pump go out on me, unless it was a CAT.

Rebuilt my General 6 years ago, running like a champ ever since... even running HOT water through it.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
now HERE'S a pump....

IMAG0139-1.jpg

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Lee Stockwell said:
A Wanner will likewise loose pressure if sucking air.
true...but i wonder how many pumps will pull directly from the FWT on the OTHER side of the truck.......cuz a LOTTA people use those little sure-flo or jet-pro or what ever they call them......

Scott Rogers

bob vawter said:
[quote="Lee Stockwell":110bw7ak]A Wanner will likewise loose pressure if sucking air.
true...but i wonder how many pumps will pull directly from the FWT on the OTHER side of the truck.......cuz a LOTTA people use those little sure-flo or jet-pro or what ever they call them......[/quote:110bw7ak]

Bob, my Cat 290 pulls from a water tank on the other side of the truck. Most people that need to use feeder tanks do so because they have water boxes/mixtanks on the TM. Even a Wanner d10 wont pull from a fresh water tanks through a mix tank.

Joey, what size is the hose feeding you pump? If it is not big enough that would explain why you drop so much pressure .

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
bob vawter said:
[quote="Lee Stockwell":2q7pvcue]A Wanner will likewise loose pressure if sucking air.
true...but i wonder how many pumps will pull directly from the FWT on the OTHER side of the truck.......cuz a LOTTA people use those little sure-flo or jet-pro or what ever they call them......[/quote:2q7pvcue]
I have a Cat 340 that pulls from the freshy, even when the level in the tank is low.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom