help troubleshooting

Name
Lee Stockwell
1400 hours is about 1/3 of its typical life. You are right about the "mechanic"...he's a BS artist. Perhaps the engines HE services die early??

Coil is it.

However it doesn't hurt to replace filters. Note too that most electric fuel pumps have a little filter on the inlet side of the pump itself in addition to the larger filter most mfg's install between the pump and machine.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
small engine repair shop
Maybe yor truck wouldn't fit through the door....?

edit:
for yous small engine guys....

insanity is doing the same thing over an' over...
and expecting different results!

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Marco, are you in Montecello NY.

If so, I am about an hour and fifteen minutes away in Windsor if you get in a bind with no one to fix it. There is also a Kohler shop about 10 minutes down the road.

PM me if you need help.

tom mcfadden

You might want to try disconnecting all safety shut off devices ( low water, waste tank full, oil pressure, hi temp water) one of these may be malfunctioning when under full load.

I would think that a coil problem would show itself both under load and not under load. When under load the carburetor opens up using both more fuel and air. If it is fuel starved you will see the carburetor linkage moving trying to reach governed speed. If it is air starved you should see black exhaust. Should it be an internal problem such as blown head gasket this will be effecting one cylinder but not the other. When it is happening remove one plug wire at a time to determine which cylinder is the problem.

marco8us

Supportive Member
Thank You very much for everyones ideas and time on helping me try to solve this prob. Going to take everyones thoughts and check through everything and try to figure this out this weekend. I will deffinetly let you all know my findings. Great people on this board

Marco

Name
Lee Stockwell
Thanks Marco!, now just remember your experience and when it comes up again you can help someone else when it happens.

My dad often said that you become an expert by remembering all your mistakes, before you repeat them.

marco8us

Supportive Member
Absolutely, I hope theres a time where I can help out someone like you all have helped me.

Thanks everyone
Marco

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom