Help! Truck Was Broken Into Last Night

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Last night our van was broken into- took the rotovac 360, took the wand, took the upholstery tool and I have nothing... nothing to clean carpets with. This may be a lot to ask but im hoping my fellow Carpet Cleaners can come together to help me, I need a wand so that I can keep my business going- I can get by without the stair tool, upholstery tool and rotovac but i can't get by without a wand.

Anyone who can donate a good wand will be considered a blessing for us. Thank you-

Name
I'm Rick James
bensurdi said:
Last night our van was broken into- took the rotovac 360, took the wand, took the upholstery tool and I have nothing... nothing to clean carpets with. This may be a lot to ask but im hoping my fellow Carpet Cleaners can come together to help me, I need a wand so that I can keep my business going- I can get by without the stair tool, upholstery tool and rotovac but i can't get by without a wand.

Anyone who can donate a good wand will be considered a blessing for us. Thank you-

Ben I live in Everett, right by you. You can use one of my wands until mike can ship you one of his. PM me and I can give you my number and we can meet up tomorrow morning.
I have to pre inspect a sushi restraunt tomorrow, so I will be out and about.

G

Right on guys!

Way to help out your fellow CCer!

Kinda makes me proud to be a part of this BB!

:mrgreen:

Name
I'm Rick James
Ben,

Ernie G in Woodinville has 3-4 glided wands he is selling to, if your looking to buy. He's a good guy.

You might want to post on Craigslist that you are looking to buy carpet cleaning equipment and you might get lucky and find theguy that ripped you off and talk to the guys at Jon Don north and South and tell them to keep an eye open.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
I'm happy to see that there is still some good people out there. Thank you you guys. I have the CMP 12" 4JET wand glides, would these work for any of the wands available?

John Watson

Ernie G's phone # 425-788-1948 He has wands with glides, I am positive he will loan you one and his are in good ready to use shape. You probably will want to buy it after a while, He had real reasonable prices on them.

Next Question??? Did you have ins coverage??

I have a roto Vac with an additional set of brushes for $500

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
File a police report and call your insurance agent,then you can return the loaners and replace what was stolen.Sorry to hear about the break-in....set up a video camera and get a gun,9 times out of ten who ever it is may return.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Search Craigslist and Ebay and you might be able to find the guy... Then beat him to death with a leg of lamb, and feed the leg of lamb to the detectives trying to solve the murder. Works every time.

lesterj2

damm thats focked up...
and exactly why I make it my bizness to take all tools into the house at night and secure them in my closet...

Hope everything works out fine for you... Sorry I dont have any tools to lend though...

Greenie

Every time I hear about a dude getting ripped off, it's when he low on funds, and replacing the tools isn't that easy on short notice.
There are lots of WA guys here, I'm sure Ben will hook up with one or even two of you guys, he needs something quick, not a wand from SoCal.

Very few actually know Ben has those tools, It's likely someone he knows, and obviously someone with cleaning experience, once word gets out, I'm sure he'll have a lead on who the thief is.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
bensurdi said:
Last night our van was broken into- took the rotovac 360, took the wand, took the upholstery tool and I have nothing... nothing to clean carpets with.

I've often wondered about someone that would steal carpet cleaning tools. There may be hundreds of cleaners out there BUT it is a small world. Like, where is the guy going to use them? He's going to need a portable or a truck mount. He's going to need cleaning supplies. The RV 360 isn't exactly a tool that every cleaner has.
We should all be putting some "identifiable" marks on our tools.

Put the word out to suppliers within a 100 miles, the guy will most likely brag that he got a good deal on a 360. Thieves usually aren't that bright. Ask the suppliers of 360s in your area for a list of who has bought one in the past year, then watch the advertisements, if someone not on that list suddenly advertises RV360 cleaning, call the rep, confirm the sale, and if he can't, have a friend book a cleaning (he'd know your house) and be there to look at his tools.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Call all the pawn shops too to see if anybody's been in.

Probably someone very close by.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Ron Werner said:
bensurdi said:
Last night our van was broken into- took the rotovac 360, took the wand, took the upholstery tool and I have nothing... nothing to clean carpets with.

I've often wondered about someone that would steal carpet cleaning tools. There may be hundreds of cleaners out there BUT it is a small world. Like, where is the guy going to use them? He's going to need a portable or a truck mount. He's going to need cleaning supplies. The RV 360 isn't exactly a tool that every cleaner has.
We should all be putting some "identifiable" marks on our tools.

Put the word out to suppliers within a 100 miles, the guy will most likely brag that he got a good deal on a 360. Thieves usually aren't that bright. Ask the suppliers of 360s in your area for a list of who has bought one in the past year, then watch the advertisements, if someone not on that list suddenly advertises RV360 cleaning, call the rep, confirm the sale, and if he can't, have a friend book a cleaning (he'd know your house) and be there to look at his tools.

Ron there are people that dont care where it came from as long as they get it cheap.

Mikey P

Administrator
I have an Airpath I would like to donate...

Ben_Surdi_Logo_8B.jpg

November of 08 and he couldn't afford a $200 wand and 6 months later he is George Grivalja.

G

Today I cleaned a LVRM, hall, an olefin rug, and a 'walk way' in a DNRM for $120!

:mrgreen:

diamond brian

I've met people like Ben.

Pretty face, good ideas, lots of time and effort spent on marketing materials, but lack the substance to put it all together.

Usually these types lack the character and work ethic to make anything successful come to pass. Their high comes from seeing themselves on television or the front of a shiny business card.

Money doesn't drive them as much as acceptance from their peers. They give themselves nice titles like president and CEO, but can't scrape up the funds to buy a fan.

As they say down here in Oklahoma: "Big Hat--No Cattle"

rhyde

Name
rhyde
You seem to be selling lots of stuff on *** including a Rotovac ?

http://www.***************s.com/forums/ ... #post50612

http://www.***************s.com/forums/ ... s-etc.html

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
He is such a ball less sack I bet his van never got broken
Into

T

The Magician

Sorry about your experience. Did they steal your new airpath too?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom