Help! Vortex Owners or other

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Came home today to water leaking from box on the Vortex. I believe this is a low water shut off sensor. Does anyone know where to get one? Can I just pull and plug the hole temporarily until a replacement gets here?

Busted on the corner, like something rolled into it at one time or another. I have my box heater pretty much covering that area now so I believe it probably was an earlier incident. However, I did notice that the lower left screw is missing, so maybe this stressed cracked it out.
SensorLeak002.jpg

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Thanks Mikey, just got off the phone with Jeremy at AT. He researching to see if their current one will work. Off to Lowe's in a bit to get plugged, I have about 5-6 jobs Friday that I don't want to cancel.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I replace the high level float and added a shut off float for the APO....

the entire thing is a L-21N/11A/3/A.....they run $71.00

If the float breaks you can get the replacement ( magnetic housing and float ) for $30.00

part number....10652-12N-3-A

the name of the company is Harwil..

1-800-562-2447 is there number

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Thanks Jim,
Jeremy from AT was supposed to call me back in one hour, so I got busy and 4 hours later I called and he had left for the day. Gladamer said he would have him call first thing in the morning but that the switch would work. Don't know a price but it looks like Jim will save me a buck/fifty. I did some jury rigging with it that I think might hold but I have every size plug I would need for $3.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Well I bought the plugs I needed for a temporary fix so I would have them on hand. However, I decided to do one of my specialty "jury rigs" to see if I could get it to hold until my replacement arrived. Don't laugh to hard, it held up through 5 jobs today and I only have two more to do on Sunday night then it's going into shop for a day or two (hopefully) to see where my power loss is coming from. I get up to about 60 mph and it just don't have any more ump! I changed fuel filter, emptied sediment jar, but it's been acting up since they put the new fuel line on.

SensorLeak2.jpg

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Billy.... Its time to get a back up. Or sell this thing for a new tm and a used back up. If u ever need a backup. Call me I can let u borrow one

Sent from my Comet using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom