Help wanted- where do you find it and what works for you?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Pretty impressive stuff from this little "biker bar" group, Chet. I mostly agree with everything Lisa and Meg said.

Your description of the job is dead-on. BUT I would dial back on the negativity in the ad. (You can add it later.) Recruiting and hiring employees is much like a courtship. You don't dump all your negative baggage on the girl BEFORE your first date.

Steve

PS My very best hiring tip is to view "recruiting" as a "process, not an event". You should constantly be looking for people that impress you as they serve you in their current job- then mention they should give you a call. Maintaining a file of pre-screened, pre-interviewed applicants waiting for my call let me sleep much better at night. The sad fact is that most (not all) people who are unemployed and searching for a job are unemployed for a very good reason!

Oh, and Chet, if you still need help with your ad copy writing I know of an unemployed ICS columnist! :(

Cant agree with the unemployed thing steve. Whole industries are disappearing overnight, plus people going back to school and half of the workforce selling something on the side.

Kinda dated thinking.

Name
Nate W.
I like to save time and just shoot them straight.

We have plenty of hard, dirty, undesirable work and it comes 24/7/365. You'll be On Call 24/7 for one week every 5-weeks and expected to arrive at our shop within 30-minutes. You'll also have to be clean cut and clean shaven with no piercings or crazy obnoxious tattoos. Its not personal but is what is expected by the clientele we serve.

I'm often amazed at a good candidate that is on board up until its time to cut his hair or beard. :oldrolleyes:

Just how I like my ............... :shifty:

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
like a friend of mine says that owns a resturant
if we drug tested i would be doing all of the work- lol
your ad scares a lot of people away

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
The fact is most of us go cheap on recruiting, interviewing, training staff.

Think of all the money we spend on truckmounts, advertising, gas, tools, etc
But ask us to spend $1k to recruit a good employee and most of us would pass out.

Ya get what ya put into it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom