Help with a Rug

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I picked up a persian rug from a client tonight. Has dog poop residue and normal soiling. She had it rolled up ready for me, it's basically a runner 2 X 8. When I was looking at it upon arriving at home it has a sewn it liner on underside that looks to be leather. It is approx 1.5 inches and goes the length on both sides. Any special care needed when doing this rug? I will not be pit washing. Also, took some pictures however I can't find the stupid cord to download to cpu so I can upload for you to see.

Thanks,
Bill

Name
Nate W.
The leather straps that run on the sides are more for stability. It's supposed to help with curling. Some people think there worth a lot more money then they are. Just be careful not to rip or break the leather straps or sewing. :D

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Also be careful not to over wet these rugs and test for colorfastness. with out apicture its hard to say what rug it is and how old it is... but alot of certain persian rugs were sold with these on because they will curl alot by their very nature. Add moisture and they do the watoosie! And typically its a type of vinyl.. not leather.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
the straps are not leather but a simulated leather plastic product they often do more harm than good so i suggest removing them to my clients. As for cleaning i don't know what you have so I can't be of much help.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Well I tried to attach a pic of the rug, however I keep getting a message that the board attachment quota has been reached.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Thanks Randy,

Now let's try this

I'm crossing my fingers

IMG_1243.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom