help with blood stain

kevinj61

I'm going to be doing a doctors office and will be using my cimex, doctor pointed out a stain that if he didn't tell me i would have never known it was blood, just looks liked a normal stain to me--so what would be the best way to approach this stain as far as procedure and and chem keep in mind i am encaping with a cimex--however i am bringing my extractor along as i have to do some waiting room chairs as well

thanks in advance for your help

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Vac Aways Rust Assassin to take care of the iron in the blood, then peroxcellent to remove the staining.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
40 volume mixed 1:1 with ammonia will dissolve it likely before your eyes, if not it will in a half hour, DONE no residue no nothing.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Like steve g said, I like 20 or 40 volume peroxide(sally hair supply), apply straight to blood and watch foam up. Rinse with extractor and repeat until gone. Might need a little prespray.
Hoody, I think you out to lunch on this one.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Peroxide...watch it foam for a while then rinse with lukewarm water. Repeat repeat repeat if necessary. Hot water could set the stain.

If there is a bit of color leftover, use what hoody said. A rust remover for the iron in the blood.

I would definitely rinse it out after using peroxide on it. Why would you leave it in the carpet?

kevinj61

Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
Peroxide...watch it foam for a while then rinse with lukewarm water. Repeat repeat repeat if necessary. Hot water could set the stain.

If there is a bit of color leftover, use what hoody said. A rust remover for the iron in the blood.

I would definitely rinse it out after using peroxide on it. Why would you leave it in the carpet?

Who said to leave it on the carpet? anyway should i dilute the peroxide at all or use it striaght, i will of course rinse it out

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
steve g said:
40 volume mixed 1:1 with ammonia will dissolve it likely before your eyes, if not it will in a half hour, DONE no residue no nothing.

It seems to me he said no rinsing..

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
cold water works best for protein stains. use the real 40 volume and it will disappear. i've never mixed it with ammonia for blood but that will accelerate the reaction.

gene

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I never rinse peroxide out of the carpet, never had a problem with it. if I use sodium percarbonate, ie the powdered version of it, I will rinse it if the soda ash particles are there and if its not a nuisance.

harryhides

Name
Tony
No need to rinse IF you also use ammonia because Peroxide + Ammonia soon becomes water which evapourates leaving nothing to rinse out.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
My reason to rinse it is this: a few years ago I went to do a blood spot and the 3% grocery store "mouth rinser peroxide" ended up bleaching the carpet.

I happened to go back to clean all the carpets in this home and surprise - surprise there was the spot from the blood I worked on and was bleached out.

The only chemical -other than the blood- that was introduced to the fabric was the 3%peroxide.

bahrahm

ammonia is best choice, even all "dry cleaning" people use it to remove blood stain from cloth(fabric).

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
My reason to rinse it is this: a few years ago I went to do a blood spot and the 3% grocery store "mouth rinser peroxide" ended up bleaching the carpet.

I happened to go back to clean all the carpets in this home and surprise - surprise there was the spot from the blood I worked on and was bleached out.

The only chemical -other than the blood- that was introduced to the fabric was the 3%peroxide.

something else could have been put on the stain before you got there and reacted with the peroxide. besides 3% is too mild for blood removal IMO.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
BE sure to take safety precautions. Remember this is blood in a doctor's office. Who knows if disease, virus or bacteria could be lurking.

Rinse with cool or luke warm (but not hot) water and flush out as much blood as possible before adding any chemical to the mix.

Peroxides and rust removers can remove the stain, but be sure to remove the blood. This sounds like a small spot, but carpet that is saturated with blood is a potential health threat.

colin fitch

Cold water in your extractor[not hot or could set stain] and rinse as much of the blood stain out first with water only,if any residue is left apply 6% peroxide and rinse and repeat as necessary.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:

I've never seen bleaching from peroxide... I use ALOT of vol 40. I'm at Sally's every other week(got to keep it fresh !gotcha! ).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom