help with boxxer 427 low water box warning light

P

petescarpet

we just got a used boxxer 427 (approx. 500 hrs) from JonDon. It was working great until the second job today. We were half way through when the low water box light came on. We saw that the fresh water tank was low so we filled it. This made the light go out, but then it came back on. The fresh tank was still full but the water box was almost empty. Can anyone shine some light on this subject for me please.

MerCrewser

supply pump aint supplyin'. possibly a clogged screen in the intake, yore gonna have to take alook.

check the filter in the bottom of the Hot box....if it is clogged you will not get any water supply....this is suppose to be cleaned weekly according to the owner's manual and I have seen a bunch of people that didn't even know there was a filter in the bottom of the hot box....

P

petescarpet

Thank ya'll for the help, I am out the door right now and I am going to try all of the above to see if that fixes things. I didn't get a manual (yet), and don't have any reference material to check, so all your help is worth a million.
UPDATE!!!!! SEE BELOW

P

petescarpet

UPDATE: OK the problem with the water not getting into the hot water box seems to be none of the above! It is actually a problem with the battery being dead. I had to jump start the unit this morning and I noticed that the water box was still not filling, but when I hooked up a charger to the battery PRESTO, the water box filled immediately. I know that there are some inherent problems with Hyrdamaster's Boxxer units and charging or keeping a charge. This was a new battery and obviously it is not getting a charge while the engine is running. Does ANYONE have any ideas on what or where I should do now?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions / help.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
If it's not charging while running I would check the voltage regulator first to make sure that is working. If it's not that it could be the stator.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
you have a bad stainless steel float in your water box, cost about $45

always carry an extra, I speak from experiance

the 427 has/had a vibration problem, there was an update for a different water box, if you continue to have the red light problem when the water box is full or the machine dies from low water but the water box is full then you either need the update of the float is bad

P

petescarpet

OK, It must be the voltage regulator...No output.. the stator/alternator is putting out over 19v so it must be good.
Thanks for the help!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom