Help with options on AT

Billy

Name
BH
We have finally made our decision on the Aero Tech. Now we need to see if anyone has any input on the options that don't come standard on the AT. We have a good idea on the extra options that we may want but wanted to ask the community what you think we should get and why??? What options should we not consider & Why???

We have appreciated everyone that has talked to us about this purchase!!!

Also, if we need to finance this does anyone have names of companies that do financing on the Big Truck - Lease or Financing???

We welcome anyone with the big truck whether it be the AT or the Vortex because they are so similar.

We are working up the pricing on the truck at this time so that is why we are trying to see what options we might & might not want. Any input is greatly appreciated. Serious answers Please!!!

Since Bob Carr let us come see his truck we have been COMPLETELY sold (And now we want to get one faster than we planned) on the AeroTech!!! Thanks Bob!

Mikey P

Administrator
Ask them to plumb the waste tank drain for a 3" pipe.

Ask if they will make the fresh tank storage rack larger.

If you dont NEED the bard door storage, get a roll top in back.

Go with DI or at least a Kinetico softener.

What truck will your's be mounted in?

G

Some nice S.S. on the outside of the truck for your air paths.

Some custom shelving on the inside...maybe out of alum and then powder coated white.

Nice set of rims on the truck

Carpet the inside like Mikey and Dave have done.

Heater in the box for when its cold out.

Wrap on the inside of the back doors.

Maybe a better box company...or have them spend more time cleaning up that box that was on the Demo Unit at Connections.

redbird

Billy, tried 3 times to post a reply to your question about options and got disconnected so i will make this short, we talked a while ago about my aero tech. e-mail me so i can get your email address . my address is jimcardinal@adelphia.net

I can tell you what i have on my truck and some options that would make sense to add. Later Jim Cardinal

Billy

Name
BH
Greenie said:
You can count the lost V sales.

Is customer service dead?

Greenie from what I read on post it is non existent. On the other hand Aero Tech seems to have GREAT Service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bobrog

I've investigated both extensively

I've investigated both extensively. No question you've made the right decision. But I got turned off by the delivery cost to the East Coast.

As far as financing is concerned, only one place to deal with for Aerotech or Vortex as long as you have good credit. That's Kip Hardesty at Country Leasing http://www.countryleasing.com. We have 4 trucks with them and I've never seen a smoother leasing to work with. Great rates and terms to meet your needs

G

What about 1-3 years from now if you need or want to redo ones lease with Kip...are those stories really true?

I heard good and bad from both buyers and sellers. Scared me enough into paying cash and-or begging my banker for money.

As of Friday at 2:34 PM, I payed off ALL of our equipment.

Chad

bobrog

I just took over a Country Leasing lease from Company that started a lease in July 2006. The transfer was one fax. The other thing is that leasing doesn't count against your credit or credit score. If you grow and get up to multiple trucks with your banker, there's a good chance they'll say "no" when you need it cuz you are overextended as they interpret it. I prefer to lease equipment and keep bankers for credit line emergency needs or real property.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I am sure that Kip is good but the company we used blew him out of the water....... just do good home work and look at the long term .and you will find that things are a little more.................eye opening (we will call it) then it appears....

G

That's what I was getting at Jim.

Did he pull some stunts on you when you were buying???

Chad

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I am married to a woman who has a wall full of............ book keeping ........taxes...and accounting....... degrees

She can squeeze a nickel and make the buffalo shit.............

not to many people can get away with to awful much......

lets just say there was a lot of red flags flying
up...........

bobrog

I've been an active management consultant and financial manager for well over 20 years and turned around thousands of small to medium-sized firms throughout North America. In most cases, I've had to work with financial firms. NEVER, have I seen a more helpful company than Country Leasing. It doesn't matter to me whether you use Kip or not. But I think Jim's innuendos -- not based on fact -- are wrong.

The only negative I've ever seen is that Country Leasing will ask for a personal guarantee if you've been in business for less than two years or your business has a weak credit history. But your local bank will ALWAYS ask for that.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
We were quoted one deposit pay off figures and then we filled out paper work and the numbers for no reason anyone could explain went higher. when we questioned it country pulled out with out any explanation.
It was more like dealing with a used car sales man.....

..this was at the same time we questioned why we were expected to pay the extra $255.00 for using our credit card for the down payment.. A company is not allowed to charge you for using a CC..................

I am no better than anyone and I am not going to play the my wife is better or smarter game....... But I can tell you our credit is damn perfect with high numbers and we have fought hard to put it that way............believe what you will but until some issues were questioned we were having no problems......

I am happy that yours went threw with out no problems but that does not mean that all of them will and it not be the companies fault.......
every situation is different

another guy in the trend said about taking over a leases with one fax.........we went threw the biggest bunch of BS trying to get the leases released on ours.......2 very reputable company's Country and Able Net and he would not release the lease Country made Able Net jump threw so many stupid hoops that even Able Net said was totally unreasonable
I was in the air flying to MN with out the paper work threw because of Country and Able Net some how before I landed cleared the truck so I could pick it up.......We made our reservation and promised Jon by Country's promise and there date's

We just did not pull a date out of our ass............

another thing....what would of happened if I would of put down that huge
down payment of $8500 to vortex knowing we have high credit score and have NEVER for any reason been turned down for anything and then for no reason Country pulls out........I would of lost that money..........

even Vortex said put the money down because Kip would get it threw

G

Thank you Jim.

When I was looking at less than year old Butlers that people went sour on, he would pull stunts and shit on myself and my accountant. I don't have time to play number games. I have someone working for me that does that who ran a fleet leasing department for the biggest GM dealership in Minnesota. When I had Brad working with them, he had a bad gut feeling about the shit that they were pulling then. Fees for this, that, and this, and just because. On a repo units???? COME ON!

I'm just lucky to have a decent banker and accountant that I can call friends.

G

Hi Billy,

I would get a taller box. Mine is 7 feet. I would have them quote a price on a rug rack for over the vac hose reel. CD player, chrome wheels, 6gpm pump with 1500psi, 2.5 inch plummed at waste tank, 4 hose reels across side door ( 2 for pressure hose and 1 for pump out hose and 1 for garden hose), pump out, 2 electric heaters installed in walls, heater that works off trucks engine, ramp under truck if they can do it, side light, 2 125 footers of paraflex 1035ht on 1 reel not hooked up live, 4 50 footers of tornado hose for the other reel, wood on walls installed, I would have a carpet installer do the carpet when you get back. Barn doors with shelving if you think you will need shelves.

Thats all I can think of at this point. Good luck

Dave

S

SmcKay

When I purchased my AT I checked out Kip and other leasing options. I questioned my CPA about five different occasions in the past and on this purchase whether leasing or bank financing with tax write offs and everything. Bottom line was tax write offs were the same for me and financing over the long haul would save THOUSANDS !!!!

No brain-er I financed with my bank. I have the same monthly payment for same amount of years and no payoff at the end.

Hicks Family, as far as the AT is concerned. As of now the Vans options are 1400 only, large fresh water tank only, and the hi-flow water pump. Basically every option left to choose is after market stuff. If you miss it new you could add it later, so no big deal, except. Dave Rampage made a good point with the taller box option? AT builds their own custom box's with only stainless as a matter of fact Blueline was inquiring if AT could build box's for them at connections? What ever is final is final unless you can add it later. Box size is a final so you better choose, I like the standard size it gives a distinct look unlike any other van out there!!!!

The lights outside and inside are options? The other I can think of is the Rhino lining ( I would love to have ) This has to be done before construction so you only have one chance to decide. Other than that you can add carpet yourself and shelves yourself like J-Martin. Just make sure you get what you want before it becomes permanent.

Good luck, Scott

P.S. Make sure you schedule some time when your in town and we can hang and I'll show you guys some cool places around here and maybe you can come with me on a job or two and teach me some new tricks!!!!

Audra

You bet Scott...Thank you all for your input. We appreciate all of your advice on what we should & shouldn't get. If you anyone has any other things to offer that would be appreciated. We are so excited!!!

Thanks again!!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom