help with red stain

kevinj61

Got a call from a place that rents out a 3900 sq ft room for weddings and such, well they just had a wedding there and there are red stains all over the place from what they tell me it's from the iceing from the wedding cake, there normal guy can not get any of the stains out, they called him while i was there to ask him how he tried to get out the stains and he said he used the "hot iron method" and cool aid remover stuff--well if i can get out the stains i can win over this account--so any help anyone can use would be great--it's just your normal commercial carpet--I have a cimex, 175 rotary and mytee M5 portable, roto vac 360i with carpet brush head

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
If the trusted hot iorn and kool aid remover method failed it could be because it's an organic stain (strawberry?) and not food coloring.

I would test some 40 vol peroxide or stain magic on the spots and maybe even try the kool aid remover method agian.

If you can't get them out tell them it is becuse the first guy "Set the Stains" 8)

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago

Be prepared to not be able to remove it, I have tried everything on the couple of spots I had. They are on 1 year old nylon 2'X2' carpet tiles. Ended up putting in a new piece of carpet.

the first guy may have set the stain but only because the standard methods don't work on it

Blame it on the show Cake Boss and red velvet cake, red velvet cake has quite the amount of red dye in it. I have made the cake from scratch a few times. The cake batter stains everything.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
kevinj61 said:
Got a call from a place that rents out a 3900 sq ft room for weddings and such, well they just had a wedding there and there are red stains all over the place from what they tell me it's from the iceing from the wedding cake, there normal guy can not get any of the stains out, they called him while i was there to ask him how he tried to get out the stains and he said he used the "hot iron method" and cool aid remover stuff--well if i can get out the stains i can win over this account--so any help anyone can use would be great--it's just your normal commercial carpet--I have a cimex, 175 rotary and mytee M5 portable, roto vac 360i with carpet brush head

What is the fiber type?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
not EVERY red stain can be removed with chemistry
(as Steve Fraiser alluded to)
even when you do everything right, some still require a "knife"

if the dude used a reducer and heat, a knife and piece of carpet will likely be the only 100% remedy

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom