IMG_0067_zps36ecc3f8.jpg

IMG_0069_zpsabdadceb.jpg

IMG_0068_zps1ebf696c.jpg

IMG_0066_zpsb9e0e3d5.jpg

IMG_0065_zpsa94a35f8.jpg

IMG_0064_zps24e10f9b.jpg

Can I fix this with just my Cobbs powder and 17", 8" and 4" Spinergys

How do I get under the sink cabinet?

A friend so I can't charge enough to make it worth while for Albert to come over.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
His comments to me..

Hopefully this first part is good for my soul. I somehow managed to survive nearly 52 years without learning that one should NEVER allow anything acidic to contact polished stone, for long. I did finally learn this over the weekend, while removing some ugly hard water deposits from my quarry tile bathroom floor. The good news is that the hard water deposits are long gone, the bad news is that so is the polish on my bathroom floor.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
probably going to need 220, maybe 400. then your monkeys/ twister 1500

be careful under 1500, that limestone pretty soft it will dimple it

u can try 1500 only, will improve, prob wont get 100 %

polish only messier, still would need to diamond

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Mikey - If you would call them Spinergy pads you would be supporting a board advertiser and I might be more willing to help out.

ted mcfadden

Supportive Member
Name
Ted McFadden
Carl is right about the way this limestone can dimple. But you will definitely need to hit this with 220 to remove the etches. My method would be to use 220, 400 (and 800 if a high satin is desired) diamonds then hit it with a 1500 twister or equivalent spynergy pad. Work up to and around the edges of the vanity. Use a 17" machine and run it as far under the kick as you can. Enhance whatever you miss for color.

Though this limestone is not the easiest material to work, you should be able to correct this pretty easily if you take your time.

Name
cameron demille
i have refinished this stone several times. It dimples very easily, it has very hard deposits among a very soft matrix, like most limestones, but on a larger scale.

I would definitely start at 220 at least. I would not use any sort of synthetic pad on it like Twisters, stick with resin diamonds up to 1800-3500, then polish with Stone Pro 5x.

If you try and rectify this with soft pads and powder, you're going to be underwhelmed.

Name
cameron demille
So what can I do with just my 400 and up Spinergy pads, any thing?

It's a rental and all he wants is consistency.

You can do whatever you want, but the finished product is going to be lacking. They're too soft for this stone, you'll get an orange peeled finish. Do you have any resin diamonds?

ted mcfadden

Supportive Member
Name
Ted McFadden
If it's a rental, hit it with a 3M 5300 Blue Cleaner pad. It will knock down the finish. Then hit it with an enhancer. Leave it honed. It will be easier to take care of long term and you can always polish it again if need be. IMO this stone is better honed.

Name
cameron demille
I missed the part about it being a rental. I agree with Ted, a blue pad would be sufficient for the time being, or an 800 spynergy/vortex/ or whatever. the blue/green/aqua cleaner pad is somewhere around a 400 grit finish. It will texture the stone slightly, so if you plant on refinishing in the future to a polish,keep that in mind. You'll need to smooth it out with 220 resins.

Mikey P

Administrator
The guy was trying to get rid of the"water deposits" in front of the tub and etched it pretty good obviously.

I don't want to put more shine on it then there ever was so I'll start with a blue pad of I can find one early next week or I'll try a 400 and or a 800 Spinergy

And enhancer..

Thanks guys
I'll take plenty of pics

hogjowl

Idiot™
That other board guru would make a video ... with music.

We'd all learn more if you made a video of this.

What's a guru without video?

Back
Top Bottom