Here is the new website

Name
I'm Rick James
New website, please leave your comments with what you think and ways to be improved. Also can you ask your wives and girlfriends to look, I tried to make it geared towards them.

www.nwGoGreenServices.com

I did this myself and its not my first love or second love, well its not really a love making websites, I actually hate doing it. So this is from Homestead cost $5 a month.

Mr. 007

Name
Curtis
Love the price shopping! I could really utilize that in my area as I am the brokest of the dicks around. lol

Brent, nice work!

I also really like the price shopping comparison. VERY smart to show that you're not the most expensive, but also not the cheapest. But with a site like that, I'll bet customers will choose you over Nordic any day...

Looks nice.

M

Mark Imbesi

Here's a pet peeve of mine.....

I don't like the fact you're mentioning your chemical of choice. I searched Planet Guard and was immediately sent to JonDon's website to buy the product and receive their free guide to green cleaning. This opens you up for the clients that want to do their own math (negotiate a cheaper price) or maybe do it themselves. Why not list facts off of the MSDS sheets without exactly mentioning the product. Also, what happens when you change your flavor of the month? Got to redo the website. Change, like this, could get noticed as a sign of someone who doesn't know what they are doing and lacks confidence.

I was on Bill Yeadon's Blog, http://www.strategiesforsuccess.com/280 ... iqued-ouch, and came across this very helpful link:

http://www.wonderbranding.com/2009/10/d ... mers-mind/

Read it, learn it and apply it to your very crisp and clean website. You should be proud!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Looks like an industry guru ad to me.

A little fishy?
Page_22.jpg

G

Good job Brent! Don't forget to implement those SEO strategies I PM'd you awhile back.

Eric

Brent,
I like it very much. Simple and clean! I have to admit though that I don't like the "pollutants" page. I think stuff like that makes people just want to tear out the carpet and replace with hard flooring rather than have it cleaned. Just my Opinion.

BTW , How long have you been using planet guard? Anything you don't like about?

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Nice site and my only comments are in the About Us section

You talk about yourself and yet show a kid's photo. I would prefer to see either yourself and/or your family group.
I may want to see who is coming to my place.

"We strive for excellence with every client we have, so if for the next 30 days we got your back 100%. We will be out there no charge if you have any questions or concerns regarding your cleaning."

Maybe it's your local lingo but that just doesn't make any sense to me.

roro

Driguy

Not bad for a homestead site.

Would you hire your mechanic to mow your lawn?

stick to cleaning carpets and hire a web developer to handle your site.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
On your services page you have off instead of of. I wouldn't abbreviate uph. We know what it means but Mrs. dumbass might not.

Name
Ron lippold
dude raise your prices and start doing in home est if you want to make your self different from the other guys

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Hey Brent, nice job.

This sentence in your "about us" needs some work:

The method we use is the a truck-mounted Hot Water Extraction (steam clean) the same method the IICRC (our top industry firm), EPA and the carpet manufacturers that make the carpets

Maybe something like:

The cleaning method we use is truck-mounted Hot Water Extraction. This is the procedure recommended by the IICRC (our top industry firm), EPA and the carpet manufacturers who make carpet.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Jim Morrison said:
Hey Brent, nice job.

This sentence in your "about us" needs some work:

The method we use is the a truck-mounted Hot Water Extraction (steam clean) the same method the IICRC (our top industry firm), EPA and the carpet manufacturers that make the carpets

Maybe something like:

The cleaning method we use is truck-mounted Hot Water Extraction. This is the procedure recommended by the IICRC (our top industry firm), EPA and the carpet manufacturers who make carpet.

Take out the "who make carpet" its redundant.. Carpet manufactures literally means the makers of carpet.

Name
I'm Rick James
I do gotta say this about homestead, their server sucks. My transfer got cut off half way through and it didnt load the updated site. It still does need work but it will do until I can just let someone else worry that stuff. Thanks for pointing out the typos I didnt catch and other lingo.

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Looks very nice, just clean up the typos that others mentioned.

As a side note, I hope no customers know anything about Biokleen products because none of them work! (my opinion) I tried and tried but they were horrible. I don't think customers care what specific products we use as much as the type or what the benefit is to them.

Name
I'm Rick James
curt johnson said:
Looks very nice, just clean up the typos that others mentioned.

As a side note, I hope no customers know anything about Biokleen products because none of them work! (my opinion) I tried and tried but they were horrible. I don't think customers care what specific products we use as much as the type or what the benefit is to them.

I have great success with bac out. I also use their soy products at home, that stuff rocks.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm only going to comment on the first page because that matters most. Other than saying Carpet Cleaning in your title...it doesn't really "say" carpet cleaning.

The photo of the van hood is horrible. I couldn't even figure out what it was for a minute. The lady with the flower is really good but you need a headling over is or near it that says why she is sniffing a flower or what it has to do with carpet cleaning.
Your call to action and number need to stand out more...gets lost in the green.
Never put your prices on your website as a headline. If you want to list them somewhere else..maybe...or in a quote program like Stanley...maybe
"who is Go Green?" who cares?...no offense but the customer wants to know what you can do for them. "What Go Green Does For You"...or something like that.
You would almost to better to have your door hanger as the first page..I thought that was well done.
Take the chems off the front page...you have to scroll to see them but I wouldn't have them anywhere on the site
You are thinking like a carpet cleaner.
I know computer screens vary but your really need to have your front page "thought" fit into the screen that they see when it first pops up. Nothing cut off, no words that they have to scroll the screen to read. It just looks bad when it's cut in weird place. It should look like a store front or a picture so it grabs their attention.
The whole color scheme says green but it doesn't say clean...I think you can do both...not sure how. lol

Finally...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Finally
Take the "Shop and Compare Prices" off...are you kidding me?
You are telling these people to go to other sites and check them out.
When they leave your site, the chances of them coming back are very slim.
Sure, Progressive Auto Insurance can get away with it because they have a huge ad budget...not us.

I almost went and checked out their prices. Dude. :shock:
If you change one thing...it's that
It looks cool and all that but it's death to the site.

This is your store front...don't let people walk by to another one. They are lazy...if they find some other website that looks better or even just as good, they will go with them.

I think I sounded like a dick when I re read all of this...just trying to help.
My website is far from being the best...it's hard to get the idea to the computer.
Good luck Bro.

Name
I'm Rick James
Brian I respect your input. I really believe in this quote.

"Small business branding is the owner. It’s what the owner does, says and how the owner’s traits come through in every aspect of the business. It’s the way relationships are built and maintained, the way a person does business and treats other people. It’s how rapport is established at an individual level, where trust and comfort exist as human characteristics, not from theme music, models or slogans."

This website isnt 100% what I want but right now its a step up from what I had. What I want I will have to hire someone to do for me.

I listen to questions my customers ask me and the products I use is one of those questions. Thats why I have that on there. This website is me, its what I am about. I am a dad that own and runs a carpet cleaning business. For my target market its very important to overcome fears that the customer has when choosing a contractor to come into their home with their baby, thats why I take the more human approach and say what I say.

With the compared pricing I did take time thinking if it was a good idea and so far I believe it is. I am that confident in what I am and what I do over all companies in my area. In my mind there is no one better and with the image I created with company I think the customers will feel the same. I do understand this website isnt the usual CC website and thats the point. I geared it more to women, making them feel good about the site and about the business. So far the feedback on the website from my target market (housewives, moms, older people) has been very positive. Its funny the "shop and compare"got the best feedback and they loved that idea. So i am going to roll with that.

Thanks for everyones input keep it coming.

Name
I'm Rick James
Marc Imbesi said:
...now I see the Compare Prices as showing VALUE!

I think that compare pricing is going to be a real positive aspect of the website. Was thinking of putting my competitor bens nw green clean on there for shit and giggles.

Name
I'm Rick James
Brian R said:
Hope it works out for you. Let us know because I am curious.

Can you do me a favor and show it to your wife and see how she *feels* when she sees it. I do value all your opinions but I would love to hear from the women too. I do think there is a difference in what we find appealing and what women find appealing.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
We use powerful air mover
I would add either "a" powerful airmover or airmover"s". grammar

I like your pollutant page. Nice variation.

I haven't charged those prices in years. They should keep you really busy. Though, for those that know value, you might want to at least be higher than SS. If you're going to out clean them, which you do, then people would be willing to pay at least the same if not more. Just a thought. Don't undersell yourself.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
brent said:
Can you do me a favor and show it to your wife and see how she *feels* when she sees it?
I just showed her the front page and I didn't ask any questions other than "what do you think of the website?"
Until the end I asked her about the price comparison because she didn't comment on it.

Jen said
Looks good. Woman looks romantic to me. Kids playing or a family playing would be better. Family grabs a womans attention.
Needs a further shot of the van because I couldn't tell what it was at first. Like the background with the flowers. Like the sunflower and april special. Like the chems so I can look them up if I want to.
then I asked about the shop and compare because she was done.
Not a bad thing but I don't like it. But that might be my business sense. What if Coit changes there prices? If you don't keep up with them you will lose credibility if your wrong on the prices. You just gave them a reason to go to another website and check out their deals.
Sometimes money is not the issue.
There you go. Hope that helps.

green guy

Hey brother! Think about this... Your site is clean however not nearly enough call to action. You simply want to generate a call. You might want to take away your biokleen pl grd. Dont give secrets away to anyone. Replace that with a unique sellin point or how about offering a warranty or customer bill of rights. If you give your price and dont make em thirsty enough they will be less likely to call you for a drink of water. List comp prices then ask them to respond by calling you for YOUR current first time cust. incentive offer that they wont believe! Once you create a conversion from your site to your phone its game on. It looks nice but not as conversion friendly as it should be. Its not about the steak its about the sizzle! Dont try to get work based on a lower price man you are f##### go green you dont clean carpets :) you improve lives!! We should talk sometime. Bill

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom