Here We Go Again.....Please Critic My Website

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yea, I've re-done some things, added content....mainly for the rankings...and I would like to have the carpet cleaner opinion.

If your wife or girlfriend is lurking around it would be really cool if you asked her a quick opinion.
"Sucks...Pretty cool...I like it"....any opinion helps...just tell me if it's yours or hers.

If you get her opinion, maybe it would help with your company as well? Who knows.

Anyway, thanks for the help...I await your comments.

www.prioritycleaner.com

Site is looking good Brian...

One suggestion...have link pages open up in "new" window instead of pop-ups. As it is now...I have to disable pop-ups in order to see linked pages... :)

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Do you really need all those links that go to your quote page?
I would think it would be better to have real back links.

If your surounding areas had larger fonts it would give them higher priority in searches.

The larger the font the higher that word is ranked by the spiders and bots.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Thomas...I set them up as open in "new" window. I am not sure I can do it a different way..I wlll look into it.

Dave, I've never heard that before about the font size. I would ask "is that really true" but I would imagine you wouldn't have said it if it wasn't.

Anyone else know anything about larger font sizes getting higher priority?

Fred? Where are ya bud?

edit: What's the difference between a "pop up" and a "new window"?
I think I am pretty sure I know but thought I would ask.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
GEEEZ...mArY..what have you done..?

It remind's me of a JOE POLISH letter...."Way Too Much COPY.!!!!"

SCRAPE the canvas....Get some attractive ART WORK....
The flow of the site is ALL OVER THE PLACE....

Very DISTRACTING format...As the kid's say..."TMI"..

TAKE A BREAK..!!!! your OCD is in overdrive...

Ps SECRECTS is spelled secrets... :wink: ...."C"what I mean.. :shock:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mikey P said:
I think it's a mistake having that bait and switch video on your blog.

Gives the whole industry a bad name.

I was going back and forth on that. There was that news channel bait and switch segment I was going to put on but didn't think it would help.

I am just trying to warn price shoppers that a great price over the phone isn't always what it seems.

But I see what you mean. The video doesn't sit well with me either.
very similar to the cartoon I "borrowed" from you with the guy spraying water through the window with a hose but a little more real.

Crap, maybe I will take it down.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
truckmount girl said:
Too much text, not eye-catching.

Take care,
Lisa

Thanks Lisa,
I was trying to make the front page eye catching and have some content when you scroll down for information.

Does the home page that comes up on your screen first still seem like too much?

Mikey P

Administrator
I think most of the sites I see from the members here pretty much represent our personalities.

You're not the exception.

Wordy, too white (bread) and kind of crude.

I got a blister on my finger from scrolling down the first page !!

Content aside you got way to much crap on the front page.

The page just screams at me and overwhelms my senses.

I would click off fast as a consumer.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yea, I thought it needed more color.
Crude? Love you too.

I know I have a good amount of content to scroll to but the important stuff pops up first.

A never ending project.

Bjorn

WARNING DONT CALL ANOTHER CLEANER TILL YOU CALL MY 800 FREE INFO LINE

THERE YOU WILL LEARE THE SECRETS OF HOW TO HIRE A CARPET CLEANER

not quite polish enough

Walt

I think it's a nice improvement over the previous version.

But,

You need more color. Lose the video and the woman's thumb - it's a little weird.

I'd recommend that you take you either hire a good designer to do your site or do a word press website. Word Press will have dozens of templates to chose from. You can switch them out instantly and you content will be updated. Very cool and very easy once you get it set up.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I can't help it...I like the thumb.

I added a little color to the background...not much but I think it looks better. I may do something different later when I have more time.

Thanks for all the opinions. I love getting them, no matter how bad or good they can be.

I showboated my video at my Last two Letip meetings (one was a mixer) and I got raving reviews from everyone...even my web guy who said the last one sucked. Most of everyone didn't like what I did last time but were really impressed with this layout.

They are my customers but I will always look everywhere for opinions. I need to see what everyone else sees and I am not afraid of a little criticism...or a lot when I come here. :D

This is the best place because everyone wants to find something wrong with the site...and they usually find a screw up or two...Thanks Harpo for the Secrects mistakes...crap I did it twice...I think it was a cut and paste problem.

Anyway, thanks again and please keep the comments coming. I do my best to give my honest opinions of websites and other when asked and I appreciate that I get the same from you hoods. :wink:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
They are cleaning books. Customers are always asking "What can I do about this and that" so this way they can read the info.
It's working ok...not great but ok.

G

I don't see a link to Carpet Cleaning Santa Cruz. You already are great friends with a possible sub contractor that cleans well there ;)

HARPER said:
Brian,

Do you have any photos...of actual work in progress..????

Exactly. I was going to say you should post some pictures of your van or guys on a job. Your site looks good for the way you run your business. I just think making it a little more personal would help. It still looks pretty good though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom