Hey Ben Surdi

Name
I'm Rick James
I saw you made some comments on the other BB and here too. You said how my companies name is just like yours and I did it to copy you.

To clear it up, my name is not like yours and have had that name licensed for almost 2 years.

It is Go Green Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning, yours is NW Green Clean.

Any other concerns?

You still owe me a drink buddy.... :p

Ryan

I'm thinking about changing the name of my company... it will be NA (north arkansas) Green Clean shiteatinggrin

There are several companys called Rhino Clean and I thought it was my idea when I started up. This may not have happened on purpose at all, if it did theres really nothing you can do about it.

Name
I'm Rick James
steve frasier said:
if anyone gets copied it should be copy Jim Martin

I agree, some of Jim's stuff is great. I traded material with him years ago, wonder if he is still using the invoice I sent him.

I have met ben once and have talked to him a few times. I dont know much of anything about his business or what he does. Most of my model is formed from the cleaning companies that I worked for, he charges sq ft (but read he wants to go per room now) I charge per room. Our prices are different and from what I know of his company we have little in common other than we are green.

He was able to do well over $100,000 within his first year with no real advertising, I was not able to achive such a number. I did clean for one of his previous customers and they said he was nice a did a good job also heard that from a client that her daughter used. So least he is doing good work.

I have my own business plan and agendas that have nothing to do with what my local competition does. To be honest i dont care what my competition does, there is so much carpet to be cleaned here for everyone.

-JB-

Name
JB
I'm thinkin bout changing mine to "Green 'n Clean"

whaydyathink? shiteatinggrin

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
since Dan bowed out I was going to advertise a never cleaner

-JB-

Name
JB
that name always freaked me out, could never get past seeing "Never Clean" when I looked at it.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
brent said:
I saw you made some comments on the other BB and here too. You said how my companies name is just like yours and I did it to copy you.

To clear it up, my name is not like yours and have had that name licensed for almost 2 years.

Any other concerns?

Brent I've never stated that you are copying me. I've stated that having a website name such as NW Go Green Services is very close to my company name and we just happen to serve the same areas. You do understand that when it comes to marketing that having a name that resembles someone elses could be a conflict, don't you?

Certainly I do not believe you would intentionally choose a website name that is close to a neighboring companies but it just happened out of chance and when thinking long term you wouldn't want to have potential clients confuse themselves with NW Green Clean. Because let's be honest, it would be very easy for a prospect to confuse the two.

In addition, when you formulate an SEO strategy you will find that my company will also be a very large ship in sense. Your link building strategy may wind up tangling with my website because I own so many links and have built a very strong online presence. Likewise, i would not want my efforts to be misled to your website.

No worries though- we both know there's only 1 NW Green Clean.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
It would be truly difficult to come up with a decent name that didn't exist somewhere else in some form. Imagine my surprise when I got a call from Florida - a lady said I had just cleaned her friends carpet and she wanted to schedule an appointment. She didn't want to pay me an $18,500 travel fee either.

Ryan, you better straighten up, I'm tired of getting complaints from my Arkansas division. BTW, you're late on your franchise fee. :twisted:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I agree JB. That was the joke I use to make.

Good thing there are no Xtreme Cleans out there

Name
I'm Rick James
Brent I've never stated that you are copying me.

I saw that you made the comment here about it and someone also pointed out you started a thread on another BB that I changed my name so it sounds like yours. Implying I am trying to piggyback off you for some reason. Just so you know I have zero intentions of using any of your pics on your site or copy the design layout of it either. shiteatinggrin

Certainly I do not believe you would intentionally choose a website name that is close to a neighboring companies but it just happened out of chance and when thinking long term you wouldn't want to have potential clients confuse themselves with NW Green Clean. Because let's be honest, it would be very easy for a prospect to confuse the two.

In addition, when you formulate an SEO strategy you will find that my company will also be a very large ship in sense. Your link building strategy may wind up tangling with my website because I own so many links and have built a very strong online presence. Likewise, i would not want my efforts to be misled to your website.

Yes I am well aware of the NW at the start of both our sites, I was pissed when I realized it. It really got to me when I started seeing other carpet cleaning companies using the same NW for their name and sites. Next march a new address will be in place to distance myself from all the other companies that use the "NW". That site I have now will remain under my control for the next year or two, because of all the marketing that has that site on it. It all depends on the traffic.

Any other concerns? Im sure me offering the same service as you at a lower price doesnt help matters between us. shiteatinggrin

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
There is an Xtreme Carpet Cleaning a few towns over and when I was Crowley carpet Cleaning before going fulltime there was a company who chose that name as well. I don't worry about it. I have my customer base and they know who I am

Name
I'm Rick James
Matt Murdock said:
There is an Xtreme Carpet Cleaning a few towns over and when I was Crowley carpet Cleaning before going fulltime there was a company who chose that name as well. I don't worry about it. I have my customer base and they know who I am

True, but I have ran across other carpet cleaning companies in this area that use the "NW" outside of bens. I much rather prefer to not share that with all those other companies.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Ask me how I like having the company name of a huge international franchise that started a decade after I did. It sucks. But they have never been able to create a presence around me in Oakland County, which is the plum market in Michigan. They have had a couple of franchisees come and go but they can't compete with the Carpet Cleaning God.

Ryan

rhino1 said:
Ryan, you better straighten up, I'm tired of getting complaints from my Arkansas division. BTW, you're late on your franchise fee. :twisted:

I don't think my advertising fee is being used for advertising :shock: ...... I'm sueing :mrgreen:

Chris A

Name
Chris
brent said:

Any other concerns?

That's a nice way of putting it, I would have told him to GFH...

Name
I'm Rick James
Chris Adkins said:
brent said:

Any other concerns?

That's a nice way of putting it, I would have told him to GFH...

Hey im a nice guy. shiteatinggrin

Name
I'm Rick James
Art Kelley said:
Ask me how I like having the company name of a huge international franchise that started a decade after I did. It sucks. But they have never been able to create a presence around me in Oakland County, which is the plum market in Michigan. They have had a couple of franchisees come and go but they can't compete with the Carpet Cleaning God.

How did you come up with the name rainbow?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
brent said:
How did you come up with the name rainbow?
A buddy of mine owned a couple of hippie bookstores called Rainbow Books or something like that back in the 70's. I liked the name. Plus I admired the guy, a hippie with schrapnel in his body from Viet Nam.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom