Hey Chavez and other wdr experts

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
The floor plate is on top of the carpet? Or just the drywall and baseboard?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Easy Kevin, tear it out. :p I hate when they do that, I HATE when they do that.

Not many options gut it or try to dry it. I'm sure you can dry it but how can you check behind the drywall to be sure???

Drying should be easy, create very low vapor pressure with your LGR's forcing the moisture to move from the materials. Heat will make it move fast and narrowing down your drying chamber helps too.

You can remove the base and drill holes to push dry air in the cavity if you think its necessary. You might need to remove a section of drywall below the baseboard line to get your probes to check and make sure its dry.

Welding rods can be used in place of your probes pins if needed. Angled drill holes would allow you to use the meter at and angle if you choose not to remove a section of drywall.

We've have also carefully cut the carpet along that wall and they put new tack strip and reinstalled. It wasn't perfect but the homeowners were satisfied.

Not many options.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have several of them, fast setup they even have Etes Octidry's to pump in heat. You do have to make bigger holes, which should dry faster with more airflow. We used the Turbovents more, I think we have a 100 of them and then use injectidry if its double drywall or plaster.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Yes the sill plate is on top of the carpet. The basement was finished a couple of years ago after a flood and the problem fixed, until now. They had like 6 inches of rain in 4 hours. He has flat screen tv and speakers mounted on this wall so I didn't want to get to destructive. I'll return today and drill holes and install inject-dry. Thanks. I hate when they do that to.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Kevin It still sounds like a good job, just give them the options and let them make the decisions. Their problem, you're just doing what you can to help.

Good luck!

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Would the injectidry dry out the sill plates and 2x4's if there's insulation?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes the air exchange removing the wet or damp and exchanging it with dry will cycle removing the moisture until dry Checking to confirm dryness is really the main obstacle but it can be managed.

We've had areas where you just could not be intrusive to check. In those case we check the grains going in the cavity and those coming out and when the is no longer a grain difference between the two, we consider it dry.

***Just makes sure everyone (adjuster & Home or building owner) is on the same page when you go this approach. It's relatively safe but there is always a possibility of an issue later. Let it be a join decision.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom