Hey dry times freeks share all your tricks

brocksdad

So dry freaks lets make a list of all the tricks. Sorry vlmers this is for steamers only. You know like myth busters. My step-dad claims you can mix rubbing alcohol in your stock tank. Also at the Double Your Profits Seminar they said the acid rinse last step has alcohol in it that also makes carpet drier. Then their is what hardball chemical supply says about their solvent based protector reducing dry time.

Know who has ideas that work for you?

Is the RDM really what they say it is?

What about the high dollar air path fan?

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
RDM, piece of crap

I have the hack power-flite fans, seem to be ok

bigger blower with a 2" tube glided wand, biggest difference for me

clean it, vacuum passes are slower then the cleaning pass

put a fan on it

no real secrets

I avoid the acid rinses, see pemberton's comments

rubbing alcohol is old trick and why would you really want all the stuff in the carpet anyway

I haven't tried solvent protectors yet, I kind of don't want to use them with out a respirator and if I had to do that then it isn't worth it to me

Mikey P

Administrator
I'll put them in order of importance.

1. Charge enough so that you're not in a hurry.
2. Make sure your TM is tweaked for maximum suck and high flow (09+).
3. Glided 2" wand with no Whip.
4. Spray only on the back stroke
5. Plenty of dry strokes.
6. One more dry stroke for good measure.
7. Air Path.
8. Post pad with flat terry towel type100% cotton pads.

Or you could take the easy way out and clean at 145 psi.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Maybe I am lost here but why is everyone spending the money buying and setting up a air path with the way the glides and the larger blowers are drying the carpets...

Since I got the vortex I have yet to find a reason to set up a bower.........

I carry 3 smaller ones that I use for uph but that is it....

I really don't think that mine is running 100% yet and I am going to start tackling that problem real soon......

But even the way it is running when I do a 2 story home by the time I completed the last room down stairs everything up stairs is just about dry and so are the steps....

I always key on the bask stroke and do a few dry passes but I don't waste to much time with it........

and I post pad Berber and CGD.........

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
What kind of machine do you have? Us people with 6008 blowers have an easier time than others, however, I also have a boxxer 427. Its modified to 2.5", 2" for the last 20 feet all the way to the wand. The wand is glided 2" and never a whip. The airpath is king, no real cleaner should be without one or two. Slow vac passes make tons of difference. Jet on the way back is important. I don't think you can make too many vac passes. Post padding is also very good. The RDM is a great boat anchor.

The thing I have noticed about most cleaners and air movers is that they clean the whole room before they put down the air mover. That is such a waste of time and will make the dry times longer. Clean a small area and get air flowing. Keep the air movers moving every 5 min or so.

Remember, ChemDry built a huge biz from doing a good job drying carpet not doing a good job cleaning carpet. Speed drying is very important.

Arizona guys make it sound easy, but some of us live in ares where air movers are much needed.

G

Jim, I agree with you. I've had a Boxxer, a Vortex, a Blueline, and about 4 other truckmounts........All of the ones listed pretty much dry the carpet within about 3 hours or less using a glided wand.

I guess it is the dry heat, because I can't understand the overkill of dry times!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
My key is to use an emulsifier that doesn't foam and has an alcohol ingredient.

Steam Action's 1992 powder has it .
And I believe Kleenrite's PCX powder has it too.

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
If your using low Psi how much of a factor can cfm really be? I wonder if 2 in to the wand isn't overkill for people who use low psi ; say 200 - 250.

Just thinking/typing out loud

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
here in Oregon we have had like 12" of rain this month, 1" in the last 24 hours, and November was a record amount of rain

it can be hard to get excellent dry times if you spray on protector so if you can get it dry faster then it can be a good selling point

Farenheit251

Regular cut pile nylons and level berbers are easy. These loose pile Friezes are kicking my butt. Promised a lady I would use fans and dry before I left. Showed up and she had light blue polyester frieze. I hate light blue carpet. So tempting to try to get it cleaner. Anyways I screwed that one up big time. Brian E

Al

In the last couple of years our dry times have been under 3 hours, usually 1.5- 2 hours.

By using controlled pre-spay
agitation
heat
extra dry passes
post padding when needed

These times were achieved with 2'' hose to 1 1/2'' glided wand and no fans.

Then I ordered the Airpath and that made a HUGE difference, the carpets were dry to the touch when we left.

The only problem was on a big house we needed 2 AP's, so i got another.

Then my Bayco arrived, the suck was way better and dry was noticeably faster, testing was amazing!!

Next came my 2" Greenie delux wand!!! First of all, it seems very comfortable to me and so far no problems at all with the bigger tube, my tech loves it too and dry times were again even better.

I'm talkin about DRY !! Unbelievable!~! It freaks me out, let alone the clients!

Now I'm waiting for my 2.5 in hose and another level of dry!

Anybody can do this, the Guru's have paved the way.

AL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom