Hey Forsythe and Warrington..

Mikey P

Administrator
Can a cleaning solution really be used as both a pre spray and a rinse effectively and not create either a resoiling issue or be hard on your machine?

Something like this has me wondering..

Clean Streak PLUS!©(6.5 lb.)
Description Directions
Powdered, enzyme- based carpet cleaning detergent and restaurant prespray. Contains surfactants and a blend of degreasers. This is as good as it gets for restaurant presprays...
Clean Streak MSDS (PDF) MIX: Use hot water . 1 cup (1/2 lb.) to a 5 gal. chemical reservoir and meter at 3 - 5 G.P.H. For prespray add 1 cup to Hydroforce container (9:1 ratio) or add 1/4 cup to 1 gal. pump sprayer.
Not for stain resist carpets: pH 12.5
1 @ $27 4 @ $94

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I don't want to comment specifically on a competior's product when I really would not know what I was talking about. I would have some concerns about a 12.4 pH chemical running through my plumbing as a rinse agent. But I don't know what anti-corrosive ingredients might also be included.

As to the more general question, "Can one product be used as both a prespray and a rinse agent?" I say yes.

The reason will come down to a dilution rate Mayeb you mix it 8:1 or 12:1 or whatever as a prespray. As a rinse agent it will be much more diluted.

An example would be some encapsulating products. They have polymers that reduce resoiling and actually would have less resoiling than plain water or no cleaning at all. Yet, in a stronger concentration, the encap product could be used as a prespray.

Bridgepoint's newest encap product Encapuclean O2 would be an example. Grrom Solutions also has a similar product. I know Rick G also has an encap product that can be used as a prespray and a rinse agent. I think Steve Smith does as well.

Scott Rogers

Here are a few more, there are many out there if you look

CTI's Element 8 formally Baby Safe
Procyon
Master Blend Soap Free
Cobb has claimed good results from PowerMax through the machine.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Residue of just about ANY cleaning agent left on carpet will continue working.

They will clean off the bottom of shoes.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
why don't the companies concentrate on cleaning carpet more properly? The standards are set but people choose to advertise the easiest dumbest laziest nastiest solution?

I always use filtered water and a good rinse I think when companies tell you there is a shortcut it plays into what customers tell me that it seems clean now but looks like crap later. I take the profession very seriously, I have been successful thus far anbd don't understand people looking to skimp on chems and process, really what is the difference overall.
I understnad JonDon has done some hack things to some people promoting Cole but you have a guy saying that a prespray and rinse is the same. please MR Warrington tell me how a prespray can be a rinse and prespray and be as effective as a prespray and all fiber rinse?

Scott Rogers

Lee Stockwell said:
Residue of just about ANY cleaning agent left on carpet will continue working.

They will clean off the bottom of shoes.

So whats your point Lee ? could you be more vague?

Wet/damp carpet will clean your dirty shoes.
Dry carpet will clean your dirty shoes.
clean dry carpet will filter dust/soil/grease out of the air even with no traffic.

You cant assume any of the above products leave behind a negative residue with out testing. So any suggestions to bad residue is only conjecture unless backed up with personal data.

I have personally tested a number of the products listed above, and have found no attracting of soils from them at the dilution rates I used them at.

Tested by me Procyon, Master blend Soap free, Clean Streak, Baby safe and Element 8, Prolon, Liquid One step. Probably forgetting a bunch too.

I personally have found much worse residue from acid rinses then I have emulsifiers.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Mikey P said:
Can a cleaning solution really be used as both a pre spray and a rinse effectively and not create either a resoiling issue or be hard on your machine?

In the context that Scott W and Scott R have framed their answers, I would concur(agree), yes you can. But I am not sure if Mike’s question applies specifically to one, and broadly to the other.

So, for a lot of users and situations I can think of, the answer would be, "no". Presuming that Mike's question refers specifically to truck-mounted hot water extraction, the question itself becomes a more narrow circumstance, for which even other variables may need consideration. In particularly soiled conditions where the cleaning calls for a level of high performance "restorative" cleaning, a desired prespray or precondioner selection is likely going to have characteristics that you just would not want to have in the solution that is used for follow-up extraction with the TM machine. Furthermore, we have to know what your expectations are for the level of “clean”, and the acceptable nature or amount of the resoiling residue the customer is willing to tolerate.

Often, I’ll see or hear of users using extraction chemicals as a primary component of their preconditioning treatments. But nearly always, they tailor the prespray, for varying soil conditions, with additional “boosters” using anything from a solvent to outright adding of chemically reactive products designed for stain removal to increase the effectiveness. Essentially, these users are designing their own prespray formulation, using some of those characteristic nature products that would certainly not be advisable in the extraction rinse. So, to these persons, they feel they are using the same prespray and rinse agent, simply because their base chemical was the same primary.

Another consideration, certainly for some, is the carpet warranty. Should users be conforming to these provisions? You have to answer that for yourself.

So, back to the original question…. “Can you?”… Yes.
But, “should you?”…….. I say, not necessarily.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I can't make my comment any LESS vague. If you leave cleaning chemicals behind you used too much or had ineffective rinsing.

Ryan

hogjowl said:
Yes, but Duane is advertising on *** and posts on World of Clean.

So, it's his turn for the Mikey screwing.

Woah! I didn't know he advertised on there. I made my monthly visit over there a few days ago and Rob was really being a prick to him.

Scott Rogers

Ryan said:
hogjowl said:

So, it's his turn for the Mikey screwing.

Woah! I didn't know he advertised on there. I made my monthly visit over there a few days ago and Rob was really being a prick to him.

Rob only became a prick to Duane when Rob decided to become a competitor.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
hogjowl said:

It's the other way around, Porky... Jeff Ellis has been a distributor of my chem's and systems off and on for several years. Even when he was basically inactive, my products were still listed on WOC. He's recently decided to make a concerted go of things and list my stuff on the new version of his site.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Mikey P said:

Yes. But that is actually a misprint. OneStep powder is the one that can be used for both. The chemistries are very similar, but OneStep has anti- scale ingredients to prevent system build up, where CleanStreak doesn't.

OneStep Liquid can be used both ways as well, for the same reason.

Scott Rogers

Duane Oxley said:
Yes. But that is actually a misprint. OneStep powder is the one that can be used for both. The chemistries are very similar, but OneStep has anti- scale ingredients to prevent system build up, where CleanStreak doesn't.

OneStep Liquid can be used both ways as well, for the same reason.

Well, Misprint or not, I have used it for over a year on select jobs with no ill effects. Including on my own house. No noticeable corrosion in the machine, but that may be hard to notice as I have gotten periodic clogged jets (assume from iron pipe in the boiler) for years. So I regularly clean out the jets anyway.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
One of my customers in Chattanooga uses it that way as well as as a pre- spray. It's the only cleaning chem he uses on the majority of the jobs he does. (He does restaurants, commercial, residential and apartments.)

He's been using CleanStreak since the late 1990's.

Name
Danny Strickland
when i bought my bucket of bolts from DooDaddy he gave me a nice chem package with Liq one step being in the box.

I used it, but then went back to a popular powder emulsifier. I forgot to restock my powder one day and had some one step on the chem shelf and mixed a 5gal jug for rinse. I did this on a friday (4jobs that day) when i set up monday to clean my wand was completly clogged (it was a MONDAY)! turns out the one step broke loose all the scaled up powder and cleaned up my lines. now don't go saying i didn't mix the powder right, i used hot water and a paint mixer on the end of a cordless drill!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom