Hey Jim Martin!

Greenie

c_adkins said:
Maybe its because you are no longer a carpet cleaner? I've done 5 med. sized jobs by myself, but that was before I was a pre-vaccer, so I haven;t had that chance yet.

Hmm....if i was just blasting through the door with hydro in hand and hosing the place down, then I can see the 4 or 5 jobs, but I was assuming you are cleaning a 4 bedroom house complete with stain removal and tabbing furniture, maybe even raking in some gard, Not empty rentals.

Maybe not being on the wand has made my memories lazy like you implied, but 3 before lunch and 3 after is a tall order for a single guy, more power to ya, I preferred to talk to my custies.

Rex Tyus

Greenie said:
Hmm....if i was just blasting through the door with hydro in hand and hosing the place down, then I can see the 4 or 5 jobs,

Are you making fun of me again?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Greenie said:
c_adkins said:
Maybe its because you are no longer a carpet cleaner? I've done 5 med. sized jobs by myself, but that was before I was a pre-vaccer, so I haven;t had that chance yet.

Hmm....if i was just blasting through the door with hydro in hand and hosing the place down, then I can see the 4 or 5 jobs, but I was assuming you are cleaning a 4 bedroom house complete with stain removal and tabbing furniture, maybe even raking in some gard, Not empty rentals.

Maybe not being on the wand has made my memories lazy like you implied, but 3 before lunch and 3 after is a tall order for a single guy, more power to ya, I preferred to talk to my custies.

I don't know what to tell you...or where to go from here...It is very easy to do if you concentrate on the little things that waste your time and get a good program going...You are more then welcome to make the 7 hour drive over to Tucson and take up some space in the cab of my truck and hide and watch...
Maybe when you were cleaning carpet you did not have the performance that you push so much to help you save a little time here and there...

I have great relationships with my clients....But there time is as important to them as mine is to me ...That is one of the reasons that we give a 30 min window on arrival...I always take the time and put them first....I have about 6 of them that always want to sit and gab for awhile....so I just make them my last job of the day and when I am done we have a beer on the back porch and shot the shit....

Name
Kevin McCreary
I usually do that 5 days a week, with a helper and dual wands! We do a lot of
1500-2000 sq ft jobs and furniture cleaning on the same job. I don't think I could
do it by myself and I'm only 37 and in excellent shape! We still put in 45-60 hours
per week. 7:30am to 6pm and lunch if your lucky!

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
A little over a year ago, I was in the process of transitioning from a porty to a tm. I had absolutely no clue of what I was doing except I knew I wanted to do away with the bucket crap. So I put up a post wondering why no cleaners offered to let newbies who wanted to learn the trade offer ridealongs for a fee. As long as it wasn't in the same geographical area I would think someone would offer something like this. I would have gladly payed for the ojt. Jim answered my post right away, offering to let me ride with him for free. I live about an hour away and don't service Tucson, but I think if I lived next door to Jim he would still show me the ropes. Anyway, I think we did 4 jobs that day, 3 resis and 1 commercial, I didn't feel rushed at all. I was back home I think by 5 and that included taking the scenic route home. Jim is very organized, all the appts were repeat custys, so he knew what he needed to do before leaving home. Jim and his wife run a smooth operation, at least from what I saw. I'm sure they have their days, we all do, but I was very impressed and learned a lot that day. Btw we did take a half hour break for lunch, but I didn't see him kissing any custys, guess I screwed that up for him. Jim is DA MAN!

Greenie

You guys are legends...continue to march.

(from the guy who used high performance before he ever "pushed" it.)

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I would be willing to bet that there is a good number of cleaners out there that have figured out a good system and different ways to save there time during the day.....

I never said I did 3 before lunch and 3 after....

I do it.....most days are 4 to 5 a day and I work 2 Saturdays out of the month.there are some times that I do six and the most I have done is 7......Since day one we started this company we give 1/2 hour arrival times and I have only been late twice.............Once was my fault and the other was not......Just got to stay on top of your game.be very strict with yourself and your company and follow the 6-P rule.........

Get yourself set up a efficient as you can ........get a good program down and it is easier then you think...

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I work like Jim trying to be as efficient as possible. One thing that helps is to prepare all the food and drinks for the day in the morning. I eat in the van between jobs and drink protein and energy drinks at the houses. And quarts of coffee. And you really need to maintain your exercise regimen. (note to self: get off your fat ass and do a workout).

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Exactly....
I carry a 12 volt cooler in the truck..Hold 4 bottles of water
1 soda..2 Gatorade's...sandwich...chips and a few snacks to get me threw the day..
No stopping for lunch and wasting time and money...

fridgepic2.jpg

The only stops I make between jobs is to shake the dew off the Lilly.......

no picture available.......sorry

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
John La Rue said:
Bob: Congrats on a good day with your son. You dual wand on your ELECTRIC?

John,

Yes, we dual wand with the electric, but we prefer to use the slide-in because it is in a 3/4 ton van, and the electric truckmount is in an Astro van. The more room you have for men and equipment in the vehicle, the more comfortable you are during the day while working.

The electric truckmount takes 4 cords to dual wand, but it does have it's own on-board 10,000 watt generator (Honda 18 HP) that will handle 4 cords, no problem. The electric also passes muster for heat, pressure,flow, vacuum, and APO's hour after hour of cleaning, dual and single wand use.

The slide-in uses no electric cords to dual wand, plus the van is more comfortable for 2 people. The slide-in has a Honda 24 HP motor, dual recovery tanks, a single over-driven Roots #45 blower (turning at 4150 RPM), our patented SAVAGE-1 LP heater, and a Cat pressure pump.

Both vans use the same SAVAGE-1 heater, which will provide 240º to both wands all day long.

Both vans perform with 2 wands not being able to tell there are 2 technicians working at the same time! You can even remove a vacuum hose from one of the wands (not just lay the wand down with the hose still attached), and you cannot tell at the other wand there is another hose laying open on the floor.

It's called 4 to the door.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom