Hey Jim Martin

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm trying to find that Mushroom switch for my V on Grainger DOT COM.

800T FXQ12GAL SER T 12 volt

No luck. Do you know something I don't?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
mikey the switch has to purchased from a allen-bradely distributor and there is usally one a couple in each state. what part do you need? i have a lot of terminal blocks and contactors left from the first truck let me know exaclty what you need. it would also help if you took a pic of it just to be sure. keep in mind there are mulitple peices to that pushbutton.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
dealtimeman said:
mikey the switch has to purchased from a allen-bradely distributor and there is usally one a couple in each state. what part do you need? i have a lot of terminal blocks and contactors left from the first truck let me know exaclty what you need. it would also help if you took a pic of it just to be sure. keep in mind there are mulitple peices to that pushbutton.

he needs the push button on/off mushroom switch........that supply's the main power to the panel.....

that is an Allen Bradley number and should be easy to cross reference if you don't have one.....

the contacts in his are toast and being fussy...I would say just send him the back block but the hold down ring is shot also so he will need the whole switch...If you don't have one for him let me know and I can run one down easy enough.........he could go with a key switch or just an on/off ( like mine) it does not have to be the mushroom type.....If I remember right there is only to wires on the switch....one hot and one feeds the panel

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
how did the contactor fry? especially on a 12v system :? i will go ahead and look in my pile of extras and see what all i got. i know they are expensive if purchased new but i think i can take a contator off a momentary that i have and i am sure i have alot of 800t lying around.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
probably just got worn out.......figure how many times that switch has been pushed in and out....I have seen more mushroom type switched go out faster then any other......they always get yanked out to get turned on and then smacked to get turned off........nothing is going to last forever.....

100_3380.jpg

see if you have an basic rotary on off......same animal just a different button and they don't take as much of a
pounding ......If not let me know I can run one down easy enough.......

100_2673.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mike..............

you dont have to go with the standard Allen Bradley switch.....the hole size is pretty much standard for all these type of switches............

Interlink part number....pwm-ao99a...same thing
I would be willing to bet Cobb has some and Les probably has a buck full some where.....

Just go with a rotary type like the one in the picture if possible...they hold up better.....

If the switch goes out before you get it replaced just take the 2 wires off and wire nut them together and just run the machine using the on off buttons and at the end of the day take the wire nut off and kill the power to the panel....Cap the hot on so it does not touch nothing.....

this is nothing but a power transfer on off....just like the one that runs your lamp at home...turn it on it transfers power to the lamp....bulb comes on...turn it off and bulb goes out.......same thing....nothing real special here......

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mikey P said:
I'll take a pic of the back of my control panel today.

I have more wires going to my on off.

I do like your switch better.

I just do not understand why they did not make this a cookie cut truck......almost everything from truck to truck is different...all the way down to the wiring......

Unless you want to stand out side on the phone with me and rewire your box then you had better just order another switch of the same type.....Mine is a simple on off..2 wire and then down to the stop start buttons and then they go to the relays and back....yours are complete opposite of mine and will not work the same way....If I was standing in front of your box I could probably rewire it......so if ya want to drive it down here I will fit you in....other then that it would be safer to just go with what you have.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom