Hey Lisa

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Thank you for that, but the challenge with assuming based on knowing costs is two fold 1. Advertising is very very negotiable and even more so in the last 2-3 years and 2. unless you see someones sales reports it is a guess what they are grossing.

Example: someone may think a gross is 200k and that the advertising based on rate card for adv is 40k (20%). If the gross is really 300k and the negotiated rate for the advertising is only 30k then now the adv cost is 10% not 20%.

I only caution being careful to judge others costs/revenues~ no one really knows except them.

Ken

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Ken Snow said:
Thank you for that, but the challenge with assuming based on knowing costs is two fold 1. Advertising is very very negotiable and even more so in the last 2-3 years and 2. unless you see someones sales reports it is a guess what they are grossing.

Example: someone may think a gross is 200k and that the advertising based on rate card for adv is 40k (20%). If the gross is really 300k and the negotiated rate for the advertising is only 30k then now the adv cost is 10% not 20%.

I only caution being careful to judge others costs/revenues~ no one really knows except them.

Ken
ken you make a valid point. However I can see what mike is saying especialy when the piranha guy is a single truck operation. Mike makes a good point , after having years of huge advertising efforts why is this guy still an owner op?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Getting back to slamming other companies...or processes....There is enough work for all the companies out there.

Maybe one day there won't be. But until then, we are safe as long as we are ambitious.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Brian R said:
Maybe one day there won't be. But until then, we are safe as long as we are ambitious.

egg-zaccally
I know times are tough, we've been up and down for the last several years.
But the truth is, there's no reason (with very few exceptions) a single truck owner/op with just a minimum of common sense and "people skills" can't get along and thrive after 4-5 years in the biz

if still struggling after first few years, they need to look in the mirror to find where the problem lays

side note, SS gets bashed a lot here
Guess they're not all created equal ..cause the SS dudes I've talked to 'round cheer don't seem like dirt bags , act professional, have all their teefs ('least the important ones....."hire the smile") and have nice, clean, well maintained equipment
(can't say the same for the Sears dudes I've seen)

..L.T.A.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
meAt said:
Brian R said:

egg-zaccally
But the truth is, there's no reason (with very few exceptions) a single truck owner/op with just a minimum of common sense and "people skills" can't get along and thrive after 4-5 years in the biz

if still struggling after first few years, they need to look in the mirror to find where the problem lays

Guess they're not all created equal ..cause the SS dudes I've talked to 'round cheer don't seem like dirt bags , act professional, have all their teefs ('least the important ones....."hire the smile") and have nice, clean, well maintained equipment

..L.T.A.

LOL- I agree- stanley guys here seem good, sears not so good.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Ken Snow said:
You are not in the demo Robert. One of the most important (and earliest) marketing lessons I learned was to not think about what I would or wouldn't like, but rather figure out what my prospect would like.

Ken....I like your web site.......I would consider your services over a company that uses babies and family and "owner" pics. Your site shows what your company does, and doesn't focus on pic's of people. (I do like the feet in that one pic......it empathizes what carpets are about....walking on with your feet). The other pic of the older guy in the company info area is alright.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
meAt said:
Brian R said:

egg-zaccally

..L.T.A.

If you agree with me one more time I'm gonna wanna have your baby.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ken Snow said:
Thanks Robert- it is still a big work in progress but getting better (I hope).

It looks very unfinished. I haven't seen it in a while and don't remember much about the "before"

But really, your company has the money to get r dun right.

Do I have to do everything around here?? :lol:

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Speaking of stanley siemen, Iwonder if the ss franchise owners have the authority to set their own price I was talking to tony neville and they were talking about our local ss cleaning hotel rooms for 7 bucks a room

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
That reminds me of something I have be wondering Ken,

How are you able to compete well against steemer and sears when you all basically all clean the same way(maybe prespray, extract, see ya)?

First time I started a carpet cleaning company I cleaned just like steemer and it didn’t work out so well. Why would they call me when they could have they could have steemer? With Ace, I took all the IICRC classes, picked up some tips here and, WOW my customers love me because I take the time and have the knowledge to get it clean. It’s a night and day difference between me and the Sears / Steemer 2 step process.

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
I use my pics...i think its super cheese to put those fake family pic and stuff on your site and fliers..the guy they see on my site and on my fliers is the guy who comes to their house. Doesn't hurt that I'm a handsome devil.

:twisted:

steve g

Name
steve garrett
speaking of appearance, that guy in the first photo looks great compared to joe polish himself. I personally wouldn't trust joe polish in my house in all honesty the guy looks like a creep.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
ACE said:
That reminds me of something I have be wondering Ken,

How are you able to compete well against steemer and sears when you all basically all clean the same way(maybe prespray, extract, see ya)?

First time I started a carpet cleaning company I cleaned just like steemer and it didn’t work out so well. Why would they call me when they could have they could have steemer? With Ace, I took all the IICRC classes, picked up some tips here and, WOW my customers love me because I take the time and have the knowledge to get it clean. It’s a night and day difference between me and the Sears / Steemer 2 step process.

Lots of reasons- here are a couple:
1. We are very fortunate having strong brand awareness in our market with probably 40 more years in bus than either of them (not sure when they started in our market.

2. We pay our people exceptionally well and provide them numerous benefits, includuing health, dental, vision, life ins, STD, LTD & a 401k. We hire the smile and expect them to work their tails off and treat our customers like the most important thing to our business, which they do.

Hope this helped.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom