Hey Marty

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I think I would like a 175 gallon recovery tank, but I wonder if you would get as quick of suction as a 100 gallon tank when you first put the wand to the carpet. Wouldn't there be a slight lag to get the bite?

hogjowl

Idiot™
I would loved to have had the 175 tank, but in a standard size 3500 chevy, there just ain't enough room if you have a #4 heater in there. With an extended van there would be plenty of room.

Scott Rogers

hogjowl said:
I would loved to have had the 175 tank, but in a standard size 3500 chevy, there just ain't enough room if you have a #4 heater in there. With an extended van there would be plenty of room.

LOL, you just set your van up wrong!!!! I can fit 2 large OP machines and a CBM in my standard length van with my TM, 250 ft hose reel, 55 gallon water drum and Boiler. still enough room for a Vac, wand and a few other necessities.

I can also fit my M5 (big ass porty) in there with the CBM vac etc, but no OP's.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I already had a 2004 regular body 3500 with only 58,000 miles on it. It is in excellent condition. When I saw the prices of new vans these days, I figured it would be sTOOPIT of me to buy a new one.

Cameron1

Doc Holliday said:
I must have missed it, why didn't you get the extended body?

LOL, you just set your van up wrong!!!! I can fit 2 large OP machines and a CBM in my standard length van with my TM, 250 ft hose reel, 55 gallon water drum and Boiler. still enough room for a Vac, wand and a few other necessities.

I can also fit my M5 (big ass porty) in there with the CBM vac etc, but no OP's.

Hey Scott....check with Marty bout how to take pictures with a Blackberry, and post some pictures.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I wonder if Scott is talking about his DooDaddy rig with that split waste and fresh water tank sitting behind the seats? I almost went with that, but splitting a 100 gallon waste tank into two 50 gallon tanks just didn't sit right with me. Too little waste tank capacity I feared.

Scott Rogers

lol, no i dont have a split tank never seen one either.

I have a true 100 gallon waste tank, also have a pump-out ( it aint working at the moment) and I took out the little 1.5 gallon mix tank Duane had on the machine (flange cracked and it was too hard to change out the floats in such a small tank) and turned a 55 gallon drum into a big mix tank.

I will shoot some pics for you all, shes ugly right now. showing her age and I havent kept up on the maintenance like I should have. But Im going through her bit by bit fixing her back up.

I have a job tomorrow morning (yeah I know its Sunday), when Im done I will shoot a few pics

Found some pics from when she was new, she doesnt look quite like this anymore :(, but you can get the idea of how much room is avaliable

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Marty has one of the best looking setups I have seen in a long time. I'm not sharing the pics so dont ask. I like it so much, I would love to have one. Marty should be an advocate for newbies, help them pick out equipment and get them strated. Cause if your spending over 20 k for a TM your nuts. Good job Marty. I bet that thing performs as good as the V or better

hogjowl

Idiot™
Thanks Joey. With one wand running at 200 ft. it performs the same as a V. It's when you try to dual wand with it that you will notice the difference, or if you need to clean with one line going out 400 ft it wouldn't compare to the Vortex.

It's certainly not a Vortex, but it's a nice unit and has plenty of power for what I need.

Scott Rogers

The TCS machine will be ten times more reliable then the V, plus ten times easier and less expensive to repair when the need does appear.

I was really surprised when you bought the V to begin with, didnt see how it fit into your business model.

Glad to hear your happy with you new machine.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I bought the V because my schools and rental property cleanings were killing me during the spring and summer months. I was working so hard that for the two years prior to buying the Vortex I got sick both summers from dehydration and the flu. Plus, my Golf Trail account and Church accounts were getting to big for me to clean single wanding and both had 350 ft. hose runs in them. So, I bought the V so I could dual wand, get some help from my son and get those 350 runs done with some real power. Make no mistake, I loved the Vortex. However, I bought it in September 08. That's the month everything hit bottom. I remember my phone stopped ringing almost the moment I signed the papers on the V. As I drove it across country I got only one call from a customer. Within two months I learned that my schools had lost most of their federal dollars and could not continue to clean and my golf account cut back on the number of times I got to clean it each year. I found myself single wanding with the V all the time. After two years of that I just gave up and sold it.

Scott Rogers

Yeah, I can see your point on the V.

But to be honest for the price of less then the V, you could by a second TCS unit and mount it in a trailer.

This would give you:
1 A second unit when double wanding is required
2 A back up unit when your van or primary TM goes down
3 A second unit that could be run when business is good.

I say a trailer, since it wont be a primary unit, this keeps cost (maintenance, insurance, registration fee's, etc) to a minimum. and it can be pulled by any personal truck or in a pinch a rental vehicle.

When I finally retire my DooDaddy unit, it will likely end up on a trailer, with the new unit going into a van. Till then my M5 is my backup.

By the way, if those schools ever start cleaning again, and you need a second unit your welcome to borrow it. You will have to figure out a heater system for it, (I hook it up to my TM Boiler). But with 50 ft of hose, it will give you plenty of suction and water flow/pressure to eliminate those super long hose runs and give you the ability to Double wand too. And the price is right to borrow it (YOU CHEAP BASTARD) :)

Mikey P

Administrator
As I drove it across country I got only one call from a customer.

That and watching the damn fuel gauge needle drop as you go over the slightest hill must have done wonders for that receding hairline of yours

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
Marty, go to photobucket.com. Once you're set up there you can email photos directly to your "album" on PB. From there they have multiple ways to send photos-direct links that make it uber easy to post photos here on MB.

Scott Rogers

joeynbgky said:
Martys new unit is already a dual wand, so I think hes ok

Glad to see Marty found someone to protect him. But you can relax. The pig farmer is more then capable of speaking for himself

And just because you can dual wand with a 47 doesnt mean you should. I mean there are even people that use a recoil while leaving it in the van. :shock: Doesnt make it right. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom