HF and acid rinses

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
you guys that run acid or pre-spray neutralizing rinses thru your TM, do you shut you chem feed off before spraying?

do you purge the sol line and HX/heater of any remaining rinse before hosing down the joint?

..L.T.A.

topnotchman

I tried it, and did a ph test out of the HF with the acid rinse running through it. The ph of the prespray I used was 9.7 with just regular water running through it. With the acid, it was very minimal, the color change on the ph strip I really couldn't tell much difference. If I were to guess maybe it brought it down to 9.5? I'll sometimes mix it a tad stronger just to compensate for it, but I noticed no difference that the carpet wasn't cleaning up because I ran an acid through it.

You dilute down the rinse so much by the time it hits the carpet its very minimal.

RIP IT

Name
Chris
I only switch the chemical feed on when extracting and turn it off when cooling the TM down so that no chemicals are left in the lines.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
there is not enough running threw the HF to make a difference to have to worry about walking back and forth just to pre spray your areas........But if your really worried about it the there is another reason to switch over to a Big Boss sprayer from Mytee.........

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Just think of those who use a HF scotchgard container.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom