High end customers

Name
Evets
How hard is it to break in to that market? We have 3000 postcards (6x11) going out this week and plan to hit them again in about 4 weeks. Repeat as necessary. Besides our website, that's the plan for this year. No more phone quotes either.
Commercial in person sales calls when we're not booked.
My son is working the Chamber of Commerce and making the right contacts. Having his Father's curse (extraordinary good looks) helps a lot. lol
No, seriously.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
My definition of high-end is by zip code that families most likely is making over 200k combined income..

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Evets
We compiled a very specific mailing list based on home values. 400k to 1 million plus. Around here that's high end. About a 3rd of our list is in Golf Course communities.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Those types of people don't respond to coupons or offers imo.
Referrals, due diligence if they're looking long term.

If the dog exploded or they need it tomorrow morning sort of stuff, a great presence on a review site is king

X2

You need to find a way to connect with interior designers. Dress, vehicle appearance, communication style, and reliability will mean more to them than the equipment and chems you use.

"If the dog exploded or they need it tomorrow morning sort of stuff, a great presence on a review site is king"

x10

Name
Jeff T
If you want into those homes, you don’t get there the direct route. If you try to contact them directly, they push you further away.
My approach has been through the real estate agents, other maintenance companies, and those who are DIRECTLY involved with caring for these homes/businesses.
The other thing is, consider a good referral program, as this gains instant trust with a new client.
Once these people have put you on their ‘service person list’, your there for life..... as long as you PERFORM to their expectations, they will not only use your services, they will keep referring you....
Just my 2 bits...

Last edited:
Name
Jeff T
and...

if you're not on the truck and your techs are not cleancut, extremely knowledgeable and charming as can be, don't bother.

also if you're goal is multi trucks doing volume, don't bother

Can your techs ID 95% of stone surfaces, how about fabrics?
And it goes without saying...
MINTY FRESH BREATH...

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
A customer just left here....

She has network of "swingers" (yes....exactly what you think I meant)

They are all upscale, educated, and charming people who want privacy and need to trust that those cleaning there don't go into rooms they shouldn't be in and will handle all interactions with discretion.

They make a ton of money there, but would never get away with it if they had crappy trucks and sketchy employees.

Name
Matt Middleton
The old Jeff Bishop quote:
You can't judge a book by its cover...but a lot of books are bought because of their cover.

That applies to people. Clean cut, uniform on, spanking clean van/equipment, GREAT MANNERS, yes ma'am, thank you sir, type goes along way in service personal.

And to the bank😊

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Don't take any of this as discouragement Stevie.

The "High End Customer" market is the Holy Grail for most cleaners who want to be successful.

As you can see, its earned more with interpersonal relationships than direct marketing, but that's also why its not a marketplace with a lot of competition.

This market requires a combination of "who you know", "who you are", and "what you know".

As said, designers and high end interior furnishings dealers are a good start.

The "who you are" is a big deal. You don't need to dress like your client (they would think you were ridiculous if you did), but you have to present yourself as a professional, and talk the part well too.

Carpet cleaning skills are barely enough: You should know rugs, natural fiber upholstery fabrics, and all hard surfaces including stone.

You have some great mentors available to you here (as well as a few comedians....but that's part of the tuition), so ask away and listen.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
no quick way in imo. We got into it slowly over 8-10yrs or so. Starts with referral then more referrals etc.

If you/techs would look out of place in a golf course country club in a nice area, then it might not be the right demographic for your business.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Evets
Good grief, you all must look like cretins and live in Doublewides.
Not going to get into a pissing contest here, but my house is 5000 sqft on 10 acres. I would be on my high end mailing list.
Go ahead, have at it.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
My first job today was a large tile job and carpet. One of my “higher end” customers. I love the GT-40 and Shelby Cobra 🐍 in the garage.

CA60EECA-8769-449C-A4C4-81F104D2EC42.jpegCB3E91A7-76E5-4BD1-99E4-0A994575D5D9.jpeg

Mikey P

Administrator
So you by definition are "High End" in your area of sub $100k new 3/2 track homes

What does your wife want out of a service provider?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom