High flow cleaning

ayetti

I was wondering how many guys here are cleaning with higher flow wands. I have a 4 jet with 95015's on it now and I was considering taking it up to 9502's or 3's. I have definitely gotten mixed responses from people on the idea. I know a lot of people just leave things the way the manufacturers intend them to be..... that is not me.

ayetti

I really would like to go to 12 but i am a little scared at how it would work out. I believe I can extract it fine (4005 blower all opened up and 4 to the door) i am actually a little concerned at what the effect of the waste tank filling up twice as fast would be. I can usually get about 1200 sq ft of dirty dirty carpet before I am full. Cut that in half and my day is gonna get a lot harder. I am actually considering adding a second tank with a diverter to fill it up on my APO line.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
You will use some more water but not as much as you might think. Fewer cleaning passes with still a better flush. The thing you need to consider is whether or not your machine can maintain the heat you want. In my case it was worth the little sacrifice in heat.

Mikey P

Administrator
I run two 12 flow wands on my vortex and a 10 flow on my Judson

In theory you should be cleaning better and quicker with less passes so your water recovery should not be that different

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I run a four jet with 03s and my dry times didn't go up at all (that I can tell). My tank didn't fill up a lot faster either. As stated above you'll clean faster and in my case a lot faster so you'll be using about the same amount of water. Well maybe a little more. You'll go over areas fewer times meaning you're flushing better. Higher flow works so much better that all but the weakest machines can handle 02s and one your size, provided everything's working well, can handle 03s easily.

The really good part is you are only about a $20 bill from finding out. Okay maybe $30 but you'll never go back.

ayetti

FLYERMAN said:
I run a four jet with 03s and my dry times didn't go up at all (that I can tell). My tank didn't fill up a lot faster either. As stated above you'll clean faster and in my case a lot faster so you'll be using about the same amount of water. Well maybe a little more. You'll go over areas fewer times meaning you're flushing better. Higher flow works so much better that all but the weakest machines can handle 02s and one your size, provided everything's working well, can handle 03s easily.

The really good part is you are only about a $20 bill from finding out. Okay maybe $30 but you'll never go back.

LOL@how awesome a $20 improvement will be! I am gonna definitely do it. I love the idea of faster better cleaning (who wouldn't) Really appreciate the input guys.

Mickey i am stupid jealous of the vortex that is an incredible machine. How has the reliability been for you? There is a guy in town with two of them and he loves them.

ayetti

Mikey P said:
Reliability has not been stellar but it is one kick ass cleaning machine..
That is the impression I got from the local guy here. He says that it is a pain because he has to take it all the way over to the valley to get it worked on (no local distributor). I still can't help but want one though, the thing is the most powerful cleaning machine yet.

Mikey P

Administrator
ayetti said:
Mikey P said:
Reliability has not been stellar but it is one kick ass cleaning machine..
That is the impression I got from the local guy here. He says that it is a pain because he has to take it all the way over to the valley to get it worked on (no local distributor). I still can't help but want one though, the thing is the most powerful cleaning machine yet.
You can have mine for 20k.

Comes wth spare blower and pump

ayetti

I promised myself no more used machines, but that would be tempting if I could afford it. I am definitely going box truck next time no matter what though.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I went to 12 on my ti wand, then back to 09. That's the sweet spot for my cds

hogjowl

Idiot™
I run 12 flow on my wands, but just last month I bought a 1.5 inch wand with 6 flow on it just for the rentals and small trailers and such. I get so tired of fighting 2 inch hose in tight places and in empty properties where the drying times don't matter as much.

My rental turnover season hasn't hit yet, and I won't know for sure until I have cleaned with it for awhile, but I was surprised at how little difference 6 flow had when compared to 12.

I haven't cleaned a really trashed out place with it yet, and I suspect I will quickly drag out the larger wand when I do, but the moderately soiled places have been just as easy to clean with the smaller wand. Makes me wonder if the high flow might not be more bulletin board hype?

Marty said:
I run 12 flow on my wands, but just last month I bought a 1.5 inch wand with 6 flow on it just for the rentals and small trailers and such. I get so tired of fighting 2 inch hose in tight places and in empty properties where the drying times don't matter as much.

My rental turnover season hasn't hit yet, and I won't know for sure until I have cleaned with it for awhile, but I was surprised at how little difference 6 flow had when compared to 12.

I haven't cleaned a really trashed out place with it yet, and I suspect I will quickly drag out the larger wand when I do, but the moderately soiled places have been just as easy to clean with the smaller wand. Makes me wonder if the high flow might not be more bulletin board hype?

I clean some nasty carpets and my 6 flow wand does the job just fine. I haven't seen a carpet yet in 10 years that it wouldn't clean with decent chems and heat.

Jimbo

danielc said:
Marty said:

I clean some nasty carpets and my 6 flow wand does the job just fine. I haven't seen a carpet yet in 10 years that it wouldn't clean with decent chems and heat.

Maybe 9 or 12 thousands flow would help with your occasional overheating issue, Daniel?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
the higher flow works best with angled jets. I wouldn't go over 02 jets with a straight down jet pattern.
I've got 03's on my Greenhorn with a holed glide, 15 flow works nice and I still have great heat. The carpet is left damp but you can't transfer moisture to your hand.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom