High Pocket Check this Out

Clark

I'm not sure it's tall enought for you. I may need longer struts. Solid stainless steel roller, SS lower bracket, and the top will be powder coated red or forrest green. So what do you think Mr Mikey? Having all the handle parts makes it easy to produce fast. I will cover the switch hole with a plate.

DefenderSpraySystem003.jpg

DefenderSpraySystem002.jpg

DefenderSpraySystem001.jpg

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I would think that it would be cumbersome to roll out pizza dough.

Thats my opinion but its honest.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Ok.. I give.. whats it for? I detect that you are making Mikey a Compresion roller to wring rugs with? Or something similar.. ??

Clark

Hello Larry, It is 35 pounds. The roller is solid 316 SS CR and lower bracket is 304 SS plate. The upper I would like to go with a telescoping tube for a long reach. It would help with storage as well. The handle I have on it works well. By the way this is a Rug Pit Roller Squeegee. It is in production now.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
If that is a standard pallet the handle only looks to be one foot off the ground. :!:

If you are making it for Mikey does he not have any hair on his knuckles :?:
:p :p :p :p

roro

ps
Flood vac already has a non-rust roller and can be loaded up with weights to suit.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Cobb,

I recognize the lack of stainless steel. But That is why the Masterblend is roller is not stainless. Guess I would think machining stainless rollers would be easier IMO. I like the design, don't get me wrong. Now It looks a little on the narrow side. NOw if you are disigning it to interface so you could have two or three of these together for larger rugs that would be great.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I really like the idea Clark..BUT If I was making it I’d ditch the stainless handle go with a broom handle fitting and make the roller 2ft wide. I know the idea is to give it weight but run that thing repeadly over 2-3 9x12 rugs and you’ll know what I mean.

I have the master blend roller it’s a nice tool yet ergonomically unfriendly and too narrow to be useful so it sits and collects dust.

DavidVB

Is 35 pounds heavy enough? I would want the roller to do he work and not have to apply any pressure. I like the idea of it being wider.

Clark is working on several projects for rug cleaning. There is more to come.

Clark

There are two models. One 14 inches wide (shown) and one 28 inches with 2 14 inch rollers. What about the handle would make it easy to use? And the MasterBlend unit has plastic rollers. The lower handle is to pick up the unit and carry it.

SqueegyRoll28.jpg

Clark

Well! I'm waiting. What is it. I'm sitting on hold. I just need to know what is the ideal lenght. I do not need to build 200 pieces of something I can sell.

Jimbo

I think 2' 6" would be perfect...I like the adjustable handle idea for fitting supersize cleaners!

rhyde

Name
rhyde
There’s two concepts for this

1, I’ve been down this path years ago… If the key is to compress the water out of the rug after washing it’s one of these ideas that sounds and looks good until you actually use it. The reality, it’s a time/money waster you’d be better buying a pallet load of Terri towels from Costco and patting the rug dry. A wet dry vac works much better

2, If the idea is a squeegee for washing it could be very useful as a roller squeegee and an alternative to a bladed rug squeegee. A rollers squeegee is more efficient, less fatiguing, but it needs to be lightweight the Master blend tool lacks ergonomics and is too heavy & narrow to be useful. You want to know what works best. Extra wide paint rollers, problem is they don’t hold up to the use but they work great. What makes them work well is light weight and the paint roller itself contours to a rug’s high and low areas where a static steel or plastic roller cannot.

Here’s what I’d suggest, Ditch all the heavy stainless steel, make it light weight 24”- 30” wide and allow for the end to pop off so paint rollers can slide over the steel/rubber or plastic rollers and be changed out as needed.

DavidVB

I think Clark is viewing this as a roller squeegee.

Clark - Are you asking about the height of the tool? The linoleum roller I have is 41 inches tall. I suppose your new unit could be somewhat adjustable by providing additional holes where the struts attach to the handle.

Randy - The approach I'm familiar with is to use a garden roller or a linoleum roller to compress the rug and get an exchange of water into the rug while in the pit for rinsing purposes. When I was at Nathan's he used the Masterblend model some along with the teflon squeegee. He generated the pressure on the tools. He also had a garden roller that I don't think he uses much. What is the advantage of a light roller. Why would it not be better to have weight in the roller and let it do the work for you?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom