High pressure hose!!!!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I was at a local Motion Industries shop and one of the guys working there said goodyear was out of the hose business! If this is true what hose do you use and why???

I like 100 foot long skinny schiffer from Wanders its weighs less then goodyear. Last longer with the spring and hose bend restrictor. 3000 psi 250 degree rated hose.

My hose of choice! Just wondering about what you use? and if its true Goodyear is out of the game?

Ron K

Continetal is realy crappie, wanders didn't have the skinny as far as I know.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Isn't Parflex the stiff hose that doesn't uncoil completely, make a 100ft much shorter then 100ft while in use?

we greatly reduces our blow outs of Goodyear hoses once we started lying our wands down "correctly"-- we now lay the wand down resting on the stirrup/handle instead of the solution hose/parker connection.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
GoodYear
It's certainly a bit harder to deal with than Good Year but nothing like you describe.

But does the outside temperature of the hose get hotter then GY? I would think so since it has a smaller outside diameter.

Sam I bet you were given the wrong info--- GY is too big of a supplier in the hose market to give it up--IMO.... maybe get a 2nd opinion. you can still buy the stuff online

Mikey P

Administrator
Stays cooler...No metal inside.

Retains heat MUCH better too.

Something like 30 degrees per 100 feet atw. If I remember correctly, dont quote me.

FredC

Village Idiot
Not sure if this is why but wikipedia says thatNon-tire industrial products were licensed products produced by Veyance Technologies which is now part of
Continental
/ContiTech AG

the products will probably still be around....................just under a different brand

http://www.veyance.com/ProductsDetail.aspx?id=2752

in the footer:
Goodyear Engineered Products are now branded Continental ContiTech
Gatorback® Belts & Hose are now branded Continental Elite Belts & Hose
- See more at: http://www.veyance.com/ProductsDetail.aspx?id=2752#sthash.gNSuIDGz.dpuf

edit : ok...now I'm sure :D

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ok so yesterday I stopped to get a couple of pizzas and crazy bread for the grandkids. As I order a cute young thing smiles big and tells me don't worry about the sauce, I'll throw it in free.

She was so cute and nice I tipped her a couple of bucks. She said "Oh thank you very much sir".

SIR, fook that means old man. :errf: Gimme my 2-dollars back! :angry:

True story...well I didn't ask for the money back. But I felt like it! :winky:

Reactions: Mike Draper

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
Ok so yesterday I stopped to get a couple of pizzas and crazy bread for the grandkids. As I order a cute young thing smiles big and tells me don't worry about the sauce, I'll throw it in free.

She was so cute and nice I tipped her a couple of bucks. She said "Oh thank you very much sir".

SIR, fook that means old man. :errf: Gimme my 2-dollars back! :angry:

True story...well I didn't ask for the money back. But I felt like it! :winky:
It's shocking at first when you realize almost everyone is much younger than you!

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Love my Parflex. No more solution line impressions on poly carpet. Ive sprung a couple leaks at the machine after couple of years of abuse. The heat will allow it to stretch out to the max. Wrapping up sucks when new but after some time it relaxes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom