High rise with the Phoenix

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Just finished cleaning 3 side by side buildings with my Phoenix. One building is 36 stories which I did yesterday in 6 hours, the 2 today are 14 hallways of assorted sizes. 3 hours today. Carpets aren't heavily soiled but lots of spots. Used Saigers Code Red 2x encap and a little TOPS spotter. All the spots are gone and that management still loves me. $$3500 job and I do it twice a year

sassyotto

Name
Paul
36 story building in 6 hours. 6 stories per hour. thats 1 story every 20 minutes, not counting going from one story to the other so lets say that takes 5 minutes so thats 1 story every 15 minutes

Sounds like a story to me.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
36 story building in 6 hours. 6 stories per hour. thats 1 story every 20 minutes, not counting going from one story to the other so lets say that takes 5 minutes so thats 1 story every 15 minutes

Sounds like a story to me.
Your math is wrong. I guess you didn't get past the third grade. It's one floor every 10 minutes.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Did floors 2-36 have any spots or traffic lanes?
No traffic lanes to speak of. By the time people get up to their suites, any soil has been wiped off by the entry walk off Mats as well as the walk off mats in the elevators. I keep a bottle of TOPS spotter on the machine. A couple of squirts is all you need mostly. Took out 1 chewing gum spot, most spots come out with the Saigers. My truck is full of 2.5 gallon jugs, premixed and pads. I use one pad per jug. Elevators are fast, less than a minute to get to the next floor. You basically walk out of the elevator, plug in the machine, start cleaning.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Most of the time when I do a house, something usually trips me up making me slow. If I did it everyday, which I don’t, it wouldn’t as much.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
When you have a system and you’re familiar with a facility, you can make speed. Doesn’t mean the first time you do it, it’s not a pita, but after that, you usually can🤷🏼‍♂️
This is the second time doing this building. They have an onsite janitorial staff who do a great job of vacuuming twice a week.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
About 60 feet by 6. In the highrise. The low rise halls are about 150 x 6. Only 5 of those.
That's still a pretty high production rate if my maths are right (about double what we look to achieve on single floor plates). It would almost pay me to fly you out to Godzone for a working holiday, and teach my guys your system.(but I can't afford your hourly rate at nearly $390)
roro

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
That's still a pretty high production rate if my maths are right (about double what we look to achieve on single floor plates). It would almost pay me to fly you out to Godzone for a working holiday, and teach my guys your system.(but I can't afford your hourly rate at nearly $390)
roro
It's mainly a matter of being organized. I premix as many jugs as I think I need the morning of the job. Have all my mix and pads in my truck. I can usually park close to the elevator. I bring in the machine, one jug, one pad. Use it up, then go down for more. Pre spot serious stains with TOPS spotter and by the time you hit it with the pad, it usually comes right out. Keep in mind that these are high end condo buildings and the carpets are in good shape. The top 10 floors only have 2 units per floor, so very little traffic. Going down it opens up to 4 units per floor. Still low traffic. The main concern is spot removal. I also use a little Saigercide eucalyptus deodorizer in my mix. If it looks clean, smells clean, it must be clean. I have another twin tower building across from this one that I have been doing low moisture in for the past 6 years. Used the Cimex, Sprayborg and now the Phoenix. The carpets there now have a cleaner appearance that when I was using hwe. The best thing with the Phoenix and an oxy encap is that there is no wick back and it really does a number in coffee and other beverage stains.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
That's great. If you ever decide to escape the madness, come on down-under and I can offer $60 per hour, company vehicle and a phone.:biggrin:

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
doesn't madder here anymore.
you can spit on the carpet and rub it in with your foot.
as long as the cheque clears, it's all good 😉

..L.T.A.
The last guy did something like that. Only problem was he spit all over the unsealed wood moldings causing water to wick up and discolor it. Everywhere. They are now in the process of restaining and sealing it.

• Wow
Reactions: Dolly Llama

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom