HIGH SPEED RX-20

jrizo1

Can I run a RX-20 with a portable?
I have a:
OLYMPUS 1200PSI PORTABLE, HYBRID VAC
I have been looking on the RX-20 buy I do not have a truck mount yet but I am wondering if I can run this with my portable
Thanks

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
jrizo1 said:
Can I run a RX-20 with a portable?
I have a:
OLYMPUS 1200PSI PORTABLE, HYBRID VAC
I have been looking on the RX-20 buy I do not have a truck mount yet but I am wondering if I can run this with my portable
Thanks

your best bet is a 360i.....

XCC

If the Oly is 2" vac port with 25' hose yep. But Jim's right. 360i would be better.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
jrizo1 said:
My main concern is vac is it going to be strong enaught

not for a RX it is not...you are going to be border lined with a 360i but it is doable........

Name
Nate W.
I run a dual 3stage portable with a 200psi pump 2" port and hose with the 360i and #2little giant heater... That's my condo setup... It works very well and no issues with drying... I believe your porty has 2-2stage vacuums and the 1,200 psi pump... It's doable, you just need to turn down the pressure to 250 at most with no more then 50' of hose with more dry passes... I mostly run 35' of 2" hose, that reaches most condos... I do have 4 airpaths at my disposal, so drying is never a problem...

jrizo1

Nate The Great said:
I run a dual 3stage portable with a 200psi pump 2" port and hose with the 360i and #2little giant heater... That's my condo setup... It works very well and no issues with drying... I believe your porty has 2-2stage vacuums and the 1,200 psi pump... It's doable, you just need to turn down the pressure to 250 at most with no more then 50' of hose with more dry passes... I mostly run 35' of 2" hose, that reaches most condos... I do have 4 airpaths at my disposal, so drying is never a problem...

It has 1 - 2 stage vacuum and 1-3stage

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Depends on the vacuum shoes you have for the rx. Glides would be ok but the vacuum will suffer with the full slots (original). I wouldn't go past 250 psi.

Albert

jrizo1

Nate The Great said:

Have you done any tile and grout with this set up?

jrizo1

If I add a 7303 air hog mytee plus to it can I use a High speed RX -20.
For carpet and tile/grout?

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
I have a portable I use as back up, I tried it with my RX-20 and it seemed to work pretty good alot better than I though it would. But if your buying new I think I would go with the rotovac as the others have said they work better with portable from what I hear.

Name
Nate W.
jrizo1 said:
Nate The Great said:

Have you done any tile and grout with this set up?

No tile and grout with that setup... I did use the Rotovac CFX 2-2stage with the Mytee WaterHog for tile cleaning... It did work ok, but I don't do a lot of tile cleaning... I got a spinner after using the 360i with the tile attachments... It will get the job done, just how much time do you really want to spend on it...? Keeping the foam down in the hose and recovery tank is the secret for using porty's to clean tile...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom