His wand was ripped right out of his hands

Mikey P

Administrator
When the street thrugs took off with his truck mount as he was cleaning a restaurant.

Months later the police have still not found his van and all his equipment.

His wife called today seeing if I could locate them at prochem upholstery tool.

Which I did.

I heard of this happening when I was with coit and I can only imagine the shock.

Reactions: SamIam

Brian H

Name
Brian H
We had that happen too about 25 years ago. The crew was cleaning a 3rd floor walkup in a sketchy area of Detroit and the equipment just shut down. They went to go check it out and all they saw was a vac hose and pressure line laying there.

Of course we called the police and they responded, filed a report and that was it never heard another thing. The insurance company paid it off well though and it was a vehicle that we were due to retire later that year, so we weren't too upset.

About a year or so later we get a call from a former employee letting us know he saw one of our trucks in a towing salvage yard. We investigate and sure enough it was that van. The salvage yard had picked up the van about a block away from the jobsite, in an alley a month or so after it was taken. You would have thought that someone would have thought to call the phone number on the side of the van....

Reactions: SamIam and Willy P
Name
Steve Lawrence
I have had this happen and so has Tom Monahan years ago, they sped off with his truck, not sure if they got the perp or not. Shameful. I believe we were the perps in my incident.

• Sad
Reactions: Willy P

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Happened here about 30 years ago. One crew working at a MacDonald's on the second floor had the wand ripped out of their hands and went flying down the stairs before the lines broke. The thieves drive off and went a couple of miles down the the road before the van caught fire and broke down. Unfortunately, the company had another truck cleaning a restaurant right where they broke down so they stole that one too. The first crew called the night supervisor to report what happened, so he called the second crew pick them up. Second crew says "our van was just stolen". The supervisor thought they were playing a prank in him. Both trucks were a total loss when they were recovered.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom