HOA

Name
Swani
My HOA is cracking down. Trailers have never really been allowed but they've always looked the other way because we are a recreational town and everyone has a camper. So rather than just eliminate the rule they basically only want to allow trailers in our driveways during Spring, Summer and Fall. Or in other words when it's convenient for the people enforcing the rule and their camper.. Not only do I have my truckmount in a trailer, but I also have snowmobiles in the Winter. So if this gets pushed through I may have to buy a van finally.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
It'll be one of the best things an owner/operator can do with his business. Sure, it's a nuisance right now, because it wasn't expected. But once you get everything switched over..."Ahhhhhhhhhh, relief". That's what you'll say on your way to the first job with the new setup.

Name
Swani
Why are using a tailer?
It just fit our current business needs. I was able to write off my pickup when we started out and we didn't really have the garage space to fit all our equipment and chemicals, so I was able to store everything in the trailer. We now have an office and more space for storage so I don't see this being an issue anymore.

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Swani
He can’t afford two vehicles and is ashamed to have a van as his personal ride.
Let’s get real.
Some of this is kinda true. In the beginning I didn't know what to really expect. I didn't have a ton of startup cash. Getting a loan for an enclosed trailer was a lot easier to secure than a used van with a ton of miles.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I remember going with my oldest, then 4, to test drive our first NEW van in 1976. He crawled under it with me and said "Dad, we NEED this!" We bought it, selling our other vehicle to make the down payment.

I had no pride, it was our family vehicle, sign and all, for the next six months.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Some of this is kinda true. In the beginning I didn't know what to really expect. I didn't have a ton of startup cash. Getting a loan for an enclosed trailer was a lot easier to secure than a used van with a ton of miles.
The success you've had warrants the expense. If you are allowed to add signage it could increase business with more visibility. If they don't allow commercial vehicles, buy magnetic signage and slap them on down the block.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I was kinda wondering about that. My father in law is an attorney and I'm hoping to have a talk with him.
You how should have a set of bylaws you can look at. Probably online now. Many have restrictions on commercial vehicles. If yours doesn't, you should be good to go. Even if someone complains after and they change the by law, you will probably be grandfathered in. Most HOA problems come from people not reading the by laws.

Reactions: Living The Dream

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I’m in an HOA and they sometimes suck. Mine approved my blue roofed building even though some squawked. My partner didn’t care, she hates brown. Make the switch, you’ll love it. I still have one in the trailer, but I rarely use it.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I was kinda wondering about that. My father in law is an attorney and I'm hoping to have a talk with him.
Remember, the blue noses that enforce HOA rules typically have time and nothing else to do.

If you want to negotiate, tell them if the trailer goes you're going to do yard work in a Speedo while drinking beer and smoking a cigar. They might back off.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
It just fit our current business needs. I was able to write off my pickup when we started out and we didn't really have the garage space to fit all our equipment and chemicals, so I was able to store everything in the trailer. We now have an office and more space for storage so I don't see this being an issue anymore.
How do you keep all the chemicals and equipment from freezing in the winter time?

Name
Swani
How do you keep all the chemicals and equipment from freezing in the winter time?
I use heaters and also winterize my TM depending on my time between jobs. Typically my trailer stays around 55°F, even when it's -20°F. I've pretty much got it down to a science, but it certainly came from learning from a few mistakes and frozen heat exchangers.

Ron K

HOA's get sued more for selective enforcement then anything else. What's good for the
goose is good for "that asshole down the street"!
"Where we go one ....we go all!"

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
HOA's get sued more for selective enforcement then anything else. What's good for the
goose is good for "that asshole down the street"!
"Where we go one ....we go all!"
Enforcement is usually based on complaints. Complaints must be in writing and usually only acted on if there is a bylaw infringement. The people who make up the HOA council are your neighbors who have volunteered their time to help look after the property.

Ron K

By-laws are sometimes just "rules" the Declaration or the legal document or State laws can
supercede. The Board or council can have immunity but as stated you can't treat anyone differently. If Miss Pifter can have a cat or flowers then everyone can have a similar cat or flowers. It's rules and everyone legally is supposed to follow the same rules.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
By-laws are sometimes just "rules" the Declaration or the legal document or State laws can
supercede. The Board or council can have immunity but as stated you can't treat anyone differently. If Miss Pifter can have a cat or flowers then everyone can have a similar cat or flowers. It's rules and everyone legally is supposed to follow the same rules.
You cannot enact rules that contravene established law. All bylaws and rules are voted on by the community at the annual AGM. If you don't attend, don't complain.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The people who make up the HOA council are your neighbors who have volunteered their time to help look after the property.

many (most?) of them are nibshittin nosey fcks and if you're not part of "the clique", they'll put the stink onya for any dumbchit they can.
fortunately for me, they like my wife

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I hate mowing grass...

Speaking of, did you know dogs don't like cayenne pepper?
There's like a million dog owners here

ain't no dog poopin' or peein' in my yard :winky:

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I hate mowing grass...

Speaking of, did you know dogs don't like cayenne pepper?

..L.T.A.
You haven't met our boxer!! We tried that as a deterrent when he was young and chewing on furniture. If anything, he liked it!!

He chewed the corners off a coffee table, 2 end tables, a wooded bench and the wood trim in a bay window.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
AIRSOFT

1616682454328.png

🙃 🙃

..l.t.a.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom