Hold on tight

Mikey P

Administrator
A very well known member in the carpet clean community bought a couple of brush glides and took one out to clean some vinyl floors.

He texts me mid job and says hey what the hell's going on here John Olson told me I wouldn't need to do a dry pass and I got water going all over the place

I asked him 101 questions about his setup, pressure, filtration, truck mount, hose size blah blah blah blah blah and everything sounds in line so I start to worry that this guy is going to go blast me online.

I give him a call and had more questions and found a couple things wrong in his process and suggested some changes the next time he cleans lvp..

But it had me stressed as his word carries a lot of weight in our community..

At one point he seemed to get insulted over the types of question I was asking and then he assured me that he knew his equipment like the back of his hand and that he was actually insulted by some of the things I was asking.

Well today he called me very humbly he says "Mike I just feel you should know that this new truck mount didn't seem quite right and I started pulling things apart and in the 2 and a half inch hose that goes from the blower to the waste tank I found a 2-in rubber stopper lodged in there........

I thanked him for his honesty and suggested that he call all the customers that he cleaned with this particular machine apologize for the shitty dry times.

Now I can't wait for his next LVP job.

Last edited:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
They're very well known member in the carpet clean community bought a couple of brush glides and took one out to clean some vinyl floors.

He texts me mid job and says hey what the hell's going on here John Olson told me I wouldn't need to do a dry pass and I got water going all over the place

I asked him 101 questions about his setup pressure filtration truck mount hose size blah blah blah blah blah and everything sounds in line so I start to worry that this guy is going to go blast me online.

I give him a call and has more questions and found a couple things wrong in his process and suggested some changes the next time he cleans lvp..

But it has me stressed as his word carries a lot of weight in our community..

At one point he seemed to get insulted over the types of question I was asking and then he assured me that he knew his equipment like the back of his hand and that he was actually insulted by some of the things I was asking.

Well today he called me very humbly he said Mike I just feel you should know that somehow this new truck mount didn't seem quite right and I started pulling things apart and in the 2 and a half inch hose that goes from the blower to the waist tank I found a 2-in rubber stopper lodged in there........

I thanked him for his honesty and suggested that he call all the customers done with this particular machine apologize for the shitty dry times.

Now I can't wait for his next LVP job.

Give him credit for the return call.

The more people dig in their heels in a disagreement, the more difficult it is to admit error. He could have as easily kept his embarrassing secret, just not complained any longer, and moved ahead.

....and left you with some nagging questions and stress.

Reactions: Mikey P

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
The video of your grey floor. It looked pretty splashy.

1625062291242.png

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The video of your grey floor. It looked pretty splashy.

View attachment 109053

I was just fixin' to find that vid.

Later in the vid when pulling left to right, appears to be a substantial amount of water left during back stroke.
I don't consider that a big deal though really

and I don't know how a "well known member" of the Society of CC's couldn't/wouldn't know they had a 2" obstruction in the vac system :headscratch:

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
I was just fixin' to find that vid.

Later in the vid when pulling left to right, appears to be a substantial amount of water left during back stroke.
I don't consider that a big deal though really

and I don't know how a "well known member" of the Society of CC's couldn't/wouldn't know they had a 2" obstruction in the vac system :headscratch:

..L.T.A.

You too.

Mikey P

Administrator
You're right Mike I watched with the sound off and am making assumptions... Is the correct answer, but I can see you're going to be a dick today.

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
You're right Mike I watched with the sound off and am making assumptions... Is the correct answer, but I can see you're going to be a dick today.
The only way to watch your videos is with the sound off. Hahahaha

I took that pic of the video you posted with no sound on here....Marty, do I need to say it? I don't feel like sending you a royalty check.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I'm sure your glide is wonderful, but marketing it as a dry stroke free solution is a stretch. I think the solution for that claim would be by using internal jets, like the Sapphire upholstery tool.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I just love it when people watch YouTube videos with the sound off and then make comments and suggestions that were fully discussed.

Idiot.
I did too. lol

Not that I don't want to hear the commentary but I'm in a elevator or in the commons or office and don't want everyone hearing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom