Holiday marketing

Al

We deliver pies to our best accounts and clients!
They love us for it! We get work and it feels good.

This year we did it for Thanksgiving! Most companies do Christmas, so we wanted to be different! It went over really well.

Just go to the bakery and get a deal on a bunch of pies, we did 60 it cost 175.
8)

Name
Bruce
We've done the same as Al for the last 3 years, people really do get excited about getting a pie. (apple Brian, not the kind your thinking of) :-)

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Only problem I could see would be the Allergy problems. So many people seem to be addicted to tree nuts more and more (yet peanut allergies are on the decline.. ha go figure).. That means nutmeg. It makes a good pie a great pie but makes a great pie deadly to be allergic to the tree nuts. Thank God I have not allergies. But as we all know.. some good deeds never go unpunished.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
David, wouldn't that be the benefit of getting it outsourced?

The bakery would have to have their own nutritional information/warnings in place verses getting your wife to do some home baking?

Just a thought... John

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Its not a matter of killing a customer if you bye it from a bakery.. though I see that as a small possiblity. Its more of the wife or husband getting a gift and not being able to enjoy it.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I organized something with a BNI group I was in. I had a great group! What we did is we made a newsletter that each member would get a chance to write a blurb about their company and any specials. We did this newsletter every 2 months, and every two months a company would be "featured" on the front page where they had the ability to write an extended article. What it came down to is we all agreed to mail and or email our clients with this newsletter and it had our recommended companies(BNI members) for the various services we all offered. During Thanksgiving/Christmas time we all did something special. Whether it be have our physical location be a donation center, and or we would donated part of our revenues to a certain charity or organization. It ranged from homeless shelters, and food banks, to the American Cancer Society.

For example - Donate food to our location and we'll donate $$$ based on how many pounds of food donated. We had a dentist that would offer free cleanings to children, a doctor that would offer free vaccinations, an auto repairman that donated $10 per oil change he did on a certain day to a charity or organization.

It worked great, and they're still doing the newsletter. With 22 different BNI members the newsletter went out to A LOT of people, and it was well received. We'd keep track of money raised/donated/food brought it and would announce it on the next article, thanking everyone who participated. This is slightly different than what you're wanting to do, but I hope I've been able to explain it enough for you to grasp the concept.

If I were to do something without a BNI. I would send a newsletter or postcard out in October. Do this during both Thanksgiving and Holidays. For each large can of food donated its worth $10 dollars off cleaning, and each small can is worth $5. Box foods worth $7. Let them know you'll be donating all food to *Name of food bank* . Of course you can change the prices of food worth depending on your current prices.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom