holy cow re: butler

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
as you all know i am a butler guy till the day i die..i have stated many times that if i won ANY OTHER SYSTEM OR IT WAS GIVEN TO ME that i would sell it and buy another butler.
well they just made me even more of a butler guy than i was today if that is possible...
they stand behind their warranty big time!!! on a very expensive part and are hot footing it out to me asap..
it is such a great feeling that i dont have to worry about this kind of stuff. and now they have the 10 year warranty..
having a hard time figuring out why anyone would buy anything else..10 years is a long time for parts to be covered...
thanks butler for standing behind your product and your word of loving your customers and excellent customer service..way above the call of duty.
dave

Chris A

Name
Chris
There's a REALLY good chance my next truck will be a Butler. The build quality is outstanding.

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
Wow, I have an Everest and I love it. I've heard good things about Butler but that's a great warrenty. Very tough to argue over 10 years on parts.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
not only that but 10 years...that is a looooong time to not have to worry about parts.
man even if you say that you can buy something for 1/2 the price..once you factor in the 10 year warranty
you are saving money, time, worry and aggravation by going with a butler system.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Ken Snow said:
I couldn't agree more Dave!

Ken

Can you get me one for your price Ken?

and don't tell me you guys don't have a price

hogjowl

Idiot™
Funny you should bring this up. Just this morning, I was talking to a competitor of mine that runs two Butlers and something like 4 to 6 Prochems. He loves his Prochems and hates Butler. He said (now remember, this is just what he said, so don't spear me over this) he had some kind of problem with one of them and asked for a wiring diagram for his truck and Butler refused to send him one.

What's up with that? (It's not like they offer service in Montgomery Alabama!)

F

FB7777

No company is gonna have 100% customer satsifaction, I'd bet that Butler has one of the highest

I'm only 1.5 hours away from Butler so there is peace of mind for me if something major goes wrong with their unit

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm just interested in hearing how they handle long distance problems. I mean, if the dude has wiring problems, surely they can't expect him to drive for 12 hours, or how ever long it is to get there, and have THEM fix it.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
there are 2 sides to every story..i find it hard to believe that they just said no..their has to be more to the store because i am 1200 miles away from them and they handled a major problem with out
too much effort..i also know of someone that is further south than me and he did something stupid (let his truck sit for 3 months with out starting it) they walked him through it and trouble
shooting any issues and away he went..
just remember that there are 2 sides to every story.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
admiralclean said:
I'm just interested in hearing how they handle long distance problems. I mean, if the dude has wiring problems, surely they can't expect him to drive for 12 hours, or how ever long it is to get there, and have THEM fix it.

It's definitely sonme kind of a cult following. I wouldn't buy one because there is no local service for me in Metro Detroit. Plus they don't built them as heavy duty as a White Magic Pro 1200. What's up with that?

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
that is the beauty of it...you finally wont need a service facility..you do your little bit of service like greasing the blower, change the iol every 500 hrs clean a few filters and that is it..
the thing doesn't break..this is my company's 4th butler and the first one we have ever had a problem with..the new part will be here in a few days and it is easy to install..they will
even sit on the phone with you and walk you through the repair..the guys at the service center is just going to call them and do the same thing, save your money on needing a service center
and get a proven reliable unit.
i say that anyone that requires a service center to be close to them spends way too much time in the shop and not enough time making money..
4 years and a total of almost 10k hrs and only 1 problem..not bad if you ask me..

hey ken how many problem do you guys run into...or should i be asking how many problems do your guys not run into??

matt sheppard

i LOVE my butlers, ive got 2 a 98 and a 01 and ive beat the crap outta both of them and have had minimal problems outside of replacing one hx. most of their parts are easy to replace and their tech guys can walk you thru most problems over the phone. my 98 sat for over a year and fired right up when i needed it. to me there is nothing else that compares.

matt

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
davegill said:
i say that anyone that requires a service center to be close to them spends way too much time in the shop and not enough time making money..
4 years and a total of almost 10k hrs and only 1 problem..not bad if you ask me..

I'm closing in on 6K hours on my 03 WM with just one problem where I accidently drained the oil on the pump (I somehow hit the flip switch on the drain pulling the chem siphon tube out) and it ran for an hour and burned up. Took it in and they put in a new Cat pump the next day. How long does it take Butler to ship you a part? And do you want to spend the three or four hours figuring out how to do the repair when it finally arrives?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Dave we have very few problems and parts arrive quickly, though with our size we stock multiples of most everything anyway.

Marty- that sounds very sketchy, but I don't know the guy or what he really has. For instance I do know that Butler is very picky about re-installs. If this person has a Butler that was re-installed in a newer van Butler will not do anything for them for good reason. I believe they send a schematic out with every unit so again why wouldn;t they send him one or allready have done so.

Ken

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ken Snow said:
Dave we have very few problems and parts arrive quickly, though with our size we stock multiples of most everything anyway.

Marty- that sounds very sketchy, but I don't know the guy or what he really has. For instance I do know that Butler is very picky about re-installs. If this person has a Butler that was re-installed in a newer van Butler will not do anything for them for good reason. I believe they send a schematic out with every unit so again why wouldn;t they send him one or allready have done so.

Ken

yes...they're pricks..............

Mike Draper

admiralclean said:
Funny you should bring this up. Just this morning, I was talking to a competitor of mine that runs two Butlers and something like 4 to 6 Prochems. He loves his Prochems and hates Butler. He said (now remember, this is just what he said, so don't spear me over this) he had some kind of problem with one of them and asked for a wiring diagram for his truck and Butler refused to send him one.

What's up with that? (It's not like they offer service in Montgomery Alabama!)

I asked butler for an schematics map.........................they said sure, they are about$150.00..............WUHHHHHHHHH! :shock:

Mike Draper

another time I asked them to explain how the Blower HX works to make hotter water? Now, I'm not making this up, the service guy said these exact words. "IT just does". Wow, no shit! I thought to myself. He should have said the LIFT creates friction, in turn creating hot air that blows through 200' of copper line and that heats your water, the less lift, the less heat. I had to call Greenie to get that answer though. And $900.00 for a driveline c'mon :roll:

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Art Kelley said:
davegill said:

I'm closing in on 6K hours on my 03 WM with just one problem where I accidently drained the oil on the pump (I somehow hit the flip switch on the drain pulling the chem siphon tube out) and it ran for an hour and burned up. Took it in and they put in a new Cat pump the next day. How long does it take Butler to ship you a part? And do you want to spend the three or four hours figuring out how to do the repair when it finally arrives?

butler ships the parts next day air...at no cost to you!!!

and their is no reason to spend 3-4 hrs trying to figure out something that is designed the right way..laid out and set up to be user friendly..just pull down the
schematic drawing that is attached to the roof of the truck or grab the one that is supplied in the owners manual take a look for 5-10 mins...then take another
5 mins to thank the guys for actually designing things that make sense and are easy to fix..then spend a few hrs replacing the part and start making money..
only problem with this is that with a butler you will have to wait a really really really long time to get the opportunity to even have to fix something..
come on guys, ken snow is running what 15-18 trucks 6-7 days a week for how many years with no problems for the most part..you cant compare anything to that..
just look at the repair page and see how many butler question/problem there are????? well???

joe harper

Name
joe harper
I hate to "dOG" butler ...BUT..

I was a loyal Butler fan for 10 year...There design is almost bullet-proof...
If I were running 4 or more trucks again, I would probably still be running them...
They wiil take alot abuse from the operator...

I had always used their "G" van... My problems started when they changed to the
Savana Van.. :evil: My last purchased was a 99..."it was a NIGHTMARE.!!!!!

I was on the phone EVERYDAY & TURNING WRENCHES for weeks...
If you buy a Butler...you better learn to build ONE....
Yes they will send you parts...BUT..There policy is to CHARGE your accnt..THEN send
parts..They want to inspect EVERYTHING..MY down time was HORRIBLE...

It is a PITA..to have to do ALL repairs yourself..."THEY HAD NO DISTY IN FL" and
I had to drive 100 miles for any other disty to do "major repairs." No local Disty would
due there repairs..."SLOW PAY..ON WARRANTY LABOR"

I had no problems with my 89,92,&96 Butlers..But I was a "guinee pig on the 99 modle."

1. burning up front drive belts every 25 hrs
2. engine overheating
3. water pump
4. radiator
5. 3 fuel pumps
6.super heating of fuel..Tech was fueling up & the gas cap..EXPLODED off in his FACE..
7.pto shaft...It always VIBRATED...They said it was normal in NEW Savana design..
8.NEW motor at aprox 60,000 milles from over heating of engine...
9. Unexplainable DEAD SHORTS in wiring harnesses...and Switches...
10. ect...ect...ect... :(

"I"...Finally realized that the FLEX FAN on the engine...NOT NEARLY RIGID ENOUGH...
at operating RPM it was "so WEAK..that it was almost hitting the front of the radiator"
Eventually it shattered the Fan....and hence the New radiator.."NOT WARRANTIED"

I replaced the fan with a competition RACING fan & all the problems NEVER REAPPEARED..

My biggest problem was that there was NO consideration for my LOSS of revenue or TIME
due to there FLAWED DESIGN in the "CHINA" flex fan..Greg Steve was dumbfounded with
this problem..We changed many many parts....

SORRY for the NOVEL...
When I went to Purchase the NEW 4500 series in 08...They would not budge a DIME... :x

I still believe they build the ABSOLUTE best PTO unit in the market...They are just TOO
far away from me to SERVICE their product... I sold all the BUTLERS & now run all PROCHEMS.

The Butler is not even close to the POWER & HEAT of these UNITS..

Ps You guys with the NEW Butler....must be very HAPPY with the UPGRADES...

joe harper

Name
joe harper
OH....BEFORE ANYONE POP'S OFF..about maintaince of the equipment..... :evil:

here is the pics of the 99 Butler at the time of sale in feb. of 08.."OVER 5000. hrs"

HARPERPIC096.jpg

HARPERPIC091-1.jpg

HARPERPIC092.jpg

HARPERPIC093-1.jpg

HARPERPIC089.jpg

HARPERPIC075.jpg

HARPERPIC087-1.jpg

HARPERPIC078.jpg

So KMA...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
hEY bozo....

Aren't you supposed to be CLEANING tile today... :roll:

STAY OFF the "Blackberry".... :shock:

And get to work... :!: :!: :!: ... :wink:

Jeff

Name
Jeff Sybert
No one is perfect. But having said that I've never seen them drop the ball.

I have a 06 GMC and last year I had the crank bolt bust in the crank. Needless to say that ended my work that morning. I called Butler and they had the part and tools to fix it at the local GMC dealership by 3:00 the next day! They had instructions and a note for the mech to call Butler for directions.

When I had the van towed into the shop the shop mech said they were going to have to pull the front clip to get to the front of the crank. After he called butler he had it fixed in three hours with nothing taken off. He was amazed with Butler knowledge and technical instructions.

The bolt broke Tues. morning and I was cleaning carpets Thursday morning. Butler took care of everything even the tow bill.

I'm sold.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Jeff,

They are a FINE company to do business with...

As with any design change there will be "kinks to work out"...

It is just that my previous Butlers were never a problem..."the 99 was a B**ch"..

They had NO IDEA what was wrong...&...I couldn't drive 1200 miles to have it serviced..

They had the best tech's in the business at the time....
NOW..they have all been promoted into SALES... :x

MY BI*TCH..is that the "Extreem overheating manafested into PROBLEMS that were NOT
covered by the original warranty."

My other Butler's all had over 150K miles ...with NO engine FAILURES... :wink:
This motor was COOKED...because of the inferior fan... :evil:

Greg, Did thank me & sent out replacement fans to all Butler owners.."as a recall item"
The Final straw ...Was when I inquired about the 08 4500 series...Not only would they NOT
come off the MSRP....They would not even contribute $500.00 toward the freight to have
the unit shipped..BTW the GMC 4500 is identical to the Isuzu NPR..I purchased the NPR
for $5500.00 less than the 4500.. :shock: .The dealer GAVE me the GMC faceplate.. :roll:

Ps..I was not the only one having this PROBLEM...My issue just showed up sooner..due
to the extreem HEAT here in Fl. :!:

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I don't think I have ever really heard of a guy that doesn't like his butler but the problem I would have, IS THE DAMN UNIT TAKES UP THE ENTIRE SPACE INSIDE THE VAN good lord you would think butler could figure out a way to conserve some space inside the van, why can't the waste tank be mounted under the units console?? or the fresh water tank for that matter, there has to be a way to save some space, hauling a kleenex box and an air mover is about all thats left in a van

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom