holy cow re: butler

Name
Lee Stockwell
Similar to the Vortex strategy. Form follows function. However, its function is not to haul cargo but to be impressive as a carpet cleaning machine. It is.

Thanks,
Lee

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
steve g said:
THE DAMN UNIT TAKES UP THE ENTIRE SPACE INSIDE THE VAN

It's a PTO. The unit takes up the minimum space of any machine of that size. Same as my WM PTO. The rest is just how they lay out the shelving and tanks and hoses. The problem is that the designers and builders of these units aren't carpet cleaners. They think that all you need is a wand and maybe a hydroforce to clean carpets and furniture and tile. Anyone who has been successful in this business knows things are more involved than that. It would be nice if they focused more on maximizing floor space for all the tools and equipment we actually use.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Not arguing with you Art, but from what I have seen, over the years, quite a few of the truly successful carpet cleaning companies DO only use a wand and their units. They figure if it gets more involved than that, it's time to move on to the next $99 job.

Stanley and Hagopian are two that come to mind.

Maybe all you really need is just enough space for a bottle of Scotchgard.

Chris A

Name
Chris
admiralclean said:
Not arguing with you Art, but from what I have seen, over the years, quite a few of the truly successful carpet cleaning companies DO only use a wand and their units. They figure if it gets more involved than that, it's time to move on to the next $99 job.

Stanley and Hagopian are two that come to mind.

Maybe all you really need is just enough space for a bottle of Scotchgard.

I would agree with you. I'm sure a Butler with the standard layout has more room than your old tcs van, wouldn't you say Mort?

Jeff

Name
Jeff Sybert
Butler is all I've known. I have a extended GMC with all the packages and I still can fit 2 LGR's and 8 fans in it when I need to. If I pull all my stuff out and load up the front area then I can get 12 fans. I can... but usually I don't, that's why I have a cargo trailer.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
davegill said:
as you all know i am a butler guy till the day i die..i have stated many times that if i won ANY OTHER SYSTEM OR IT WAS GIVEN TO ME that i would sell it and buy another butler.

If I won a Butler or it was given to me I would sell it and buy another PowerClean or a Judson.

More performance for the buck, at least as reliable, and you won't ever need over-priced propriatory replacement parts from a full-of-themselves manufacturer.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Johnny said:
davegill said:
as you all know i am a butler guy till the day i die..i have stated many times that if i won ANY OTHER SYSTEM OR IT WAS GIVEN TO ME that i would sell it and buy another butler.

If I won a Butler or it was given to me I would sell it and buy another PowerClean or a Judson.

More performance for the buck, at least as reliable, and you won't ever need over-priced propriatory replacement parts from a full-of-themselves manufacturer.

please remind me of the warranty offered by judson or powerclean..if their units are better than they should put their money where their mouth is..
bottom line with butler 10 years covered...written and printed say what you want but that is a bold warranty and if others are as well built and
a proven system than i would expect them to stand by their product for 10 years, or is there a reason they dont/wont??

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I think we actually have about 28 butlers. I can't speak for others issues or experiences but with us Bbutler has been first class. I agree that 1999-2001 their were some issue, but they were GMC related not Butler. Since then they have been great vans and systems imo. Not very many proprietary parts either so I don't get what that comment was about.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Ken:

Is it possible that you may be receiving better than average support due to the fact that you are the 800 pound gorilla in the room?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
davegill said:
Johnny said:
davegill said:

please remind me of the warranty offered by judson or powerclean..if their units are better than they should put their money where their mouth is..
bottom line with butler 10 years covered...written and printed say what you want but that is a bold warranty and if others are as well built and
a proven system than i would expect them to stand by their product for 10 years, or is there a reason they dont/wont??

Dave, what "exactly" is covered for ten years?
and what is considered "wear" items?

Is you're drive shaft 10 years?
Blower, pump, lines/plumbing, switches/relays, etc?

..L.T.A.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Marty- I won;t deny that it is possible we get preferrential treatment on pricing, but from what I have heard almost unanimously from other Butler owners is that they get similar service. Like I said we don;t require much in the way of fast response as A) we don;t buy a whole lot from Butler and B) we stock enough parts to build a couple minus a few major components.

Greenie

Nothing against Butler, it's a damn nice machine. but to be completely honest, for $5000 additional dollars, I will personally give you the Greenie Platinum warranty, no questions asked, every blower, belt, and switch guaranteed for 5 years...just fill out my "monthly maint. log" and send it to me quarterly. No one else will match my warranty on a Judd unit, so why not?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I think that would be very shrew to offer Greenie and the greatest form of flattery is, of course, immitation. Not sure if the price would have to go up that much though.

Greenie

That would depend on if you talk to Mike or me.

I'm firmly rooted in the Bay area, thank you.

Okay Ken, how about $4000? I'll make you a deal on 10 units.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
anything greenie is a part of is good in my book..i would split my fleet for the right deal..if you can call 2 trucks a fleet at this point..it will however be 20 one day.
greenie you are the man and we as end users are lucky to have someone like you out there looking out for us and answering the hard questions..

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We've never bought a Butler because of the warranty, we buy them because they are well built systems that offer ease of operation and work in our budget and after we use them 5-6 years we still get over 50% of purchase price on resale.

Back
Top Bottom