Home Depot - Rigid Air Movers

Walt

Are these any good? I am now the proud owner of a couple of these and wonder how long they will last compared to other brands.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I agree with Chris...

5.5 amps to deliver 1600 CFM is poor efficiency.

The new Viking 2200EX only uses 2.7 amps for 2200 CFM.

One half the amperage for more rated CFM.

Ridgid is a good brand, but they don't understand drying equipment.

Larry

Walt

Weird. One of them says 2500 cfm and the other says 1600 cfm??? - right on the blower that is.

Scottyg

Home Depot = Owner of Harris Research, aka ChemDry. Don't know if that's an issue with anyone except Greenie.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
It's an issue with me. I drive past HD everytime I go to Lowe's. HD isn't getting any money from me.

ErikG

Well Guys Im a PT Cleaner and I m a Vendor for Home Depot. Rigid has a Life Time Waranty I belive That is why there 199 . If tey ever BrAKE go to any Depot and replace or exchange it .

LeeCory

I agree with what the other guys said, you can certainly get a better blower than that. And even for less money...

However it sounds like you have your mind made up.

Scott Rogers

ErikG said:
Well Guys Im a PT Cleaner and I m a Vendor for Home Depot. Rigid has a Life Time Waranty I belive That is why there 199 . If tey ever BrAKE go to any Depot and replace or exchange it .

If they suspect or know you used the blower for business use, they will not honnor the warranty. They claim the warranty is on valid for individuals use. I have been through this before with them on equipment

Greenie

Scotty G. is a sharp dude.

When it's all said and done HD will have wish they had never acquired that Co.

Greenie

Most over the counter warrantys aren't worth paper they are printed on for professionals.

Nothing is free, you want a proper warranty, you are gonna pay a proper price for professional equip....I've always said, you'll pay a little more froma guy like me, but what is it worth knowing you WON'T get screwed ever, and you will alwaya be taken care of, in a fair manner?

Scott Rogers said:
ErikG said:

If they suspect or know you used the blower for business use, they will not honnor the warranty. They claim the warranty is on valid for individuals use. I have been through this before with them on equipment

I agree.
Too many amps, too few CFM, too high of a price.

The Omni-mover from Interlink is made by Vikng.

Under 4 amps, 2200 CFM, under $200.00 and weighs less.

Bryan Irvin

To me, using air movers from home depot just doesnt look all that professional...kinda like if you were to take a rug doctor into a customers home to clean their carpet. Why should they pay you big money to dry their home, when they could go buy a few rigid air movers and do it theirselves, thats how homeowners might see it.

JFRASER

I have one and it sucks. I did a trade for it, what a wast of my time. If you like yours pay the shipping and ill give it to you.

G

We have 15 of them and have been using for 3 years!
They work great! Suppliers are just pissed off because they did'nt
make their $200 profit on them!

LeeCory

why would a supplier be pissed?

The supplier can sell them better airmovers for less....

The supplier is laughing..... LOLOLOLOL

Greenie

Steve is sounding like Nick, which is odd cause he knows better than to make that statement.

What makes anyone think there is $200 in an airmover, If I made 25% of that I'd be stoked!

C'mon Steve, you been drinkin' tonight?

Farenheit251

The cfm numbers don't mean anything. They have the same credibility as if you are buying car stereo equip at Wal Mart. Putting them side by side tells the truth.
The rigid is fine if you are going to dry half a room of carpet on occasion. When you get into bigger jobs the performance/amp ratio is going to allow you to put in more equipment without generating as much heat.

Walt

I should defend my purchase a little. I'm not a huge fan of the home depot. Most of there stuff is cheap cheaply made junk. They do carry some decent brands but they're staff is clueless. Nothing like have a Mom type with 25 patches (and no experience) tell my wife how to set tile. "it's easy, anyone can do it" - Not true.

First. I needed them right away. My distributor was closed and would be for another 2 days.
Second. I went to Lowes first. They had no idea what I was talking about. I don't really care for Lowe's either.

As for the blowers, they look cheap. But I was in a jam.

Sorry Greenie :oops:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You'll be fine with them as long as you have enough juice to run with out popping breakers.

All I would add is for a little more you could get brand name with more features and lower amp draw, daisy chain ability.

Walt

Returned.

The display model at Home Depot was made in America and was 2400 cfm. These two were made in china and are 1600 cfm. I explained it to the tool guy there and he lamented that many had already been returned.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Walt you're probably better off.

I hate the price of new airmovers, but if you look at how long they last and the rental that is charged when used, they are actually one of the best investments you could make.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Brian is correct, many of the CFM numbers are wildly inflated,(doubled) especially on the snail type air movers.
Home Depot's Rigid air movers may be OK for drying upholstery but they are not professional restoration equipment.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I've bought 2 of them when I needed more air movers in a jam. They seem to be made OK and they blow much better than Tempests. I don't care about the amps because I usually just use them when cleaning. At least they have a decent cord wrap.
But other wise HD is avoided whenever possible. Unfortunately they are right next to one of my apt. complexes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom